Two Worlds

The Secret

Two days in the palace was not the most exciting thing ever.

Wait. No. That was a wrong statement.

There wasn't even .0000000001 percent of excitement... It was the most boring and absolutely horrid two days of my life.

I swear on my life if my Duke Robby wasn't even here, I'd probably cry at someone wanting to go back home. There was just nothing. A normal day in life in 1902 for someone was to wake up, brush your teeth, take a shower, eat, walk around, then when you were sleepy... You slept.

There wasn't even any television.

Actually, the most exciting thing was learning to ride a horse.

Since King Edward was out for the two days I was here, Robby was able to teach me horse riding. Which was exciting.

I woke up at around seven in the morning, on the humongo bed. Which... I have stated, is huge. I told Robby I could stay in the servants room or something, but he said a relative from America does not belong in the servants' room.

When was I going homeeeeeee?

I had nothing with me.

A phone, a computer... Not even a magazine. I need to prepare a bag or a suitcase for the next time he calls me.

I sat up, groaning, scratching my head. I looked down looking at the nightgown Elizabeth had me wear to sleep for the past two nights. It was a silky white long sweater nightdress that went down to my ankles. She also had me wear 1902 socks... Which were thin and almost went up to my knees. I looked around the room and sighed loudly.

I then took a glance at my dress that I came here with. I wonder how Amanda was. I wonder what she said to Riley about me leaving the dance early.

I wondered how everything was back over there.

After a few minutes of looking around the room, the sound came back into my head.

The sound of the doorway opening for me.

I was going back.

I quickly got up and pulled the covers off of me. I also went to get my dress that I wore when I came here off the hangers and quickly ran out of the room. Before I reached to the top of the stairs, I quickly stopped thinking about Robby. I looked back to the huge door that was the entrance to his room and sighed loudly to myself.

As the sharp sound was getting louder and louder, all I could think of was Robby... And how it would be kind of mean to leave without even saying bye.

But I didn't want to wake him up.

I could always come back at his satisfaction.

Also...

If I went to go wake him up just so I could see his face before leaving, would indicate some type of affection I had towards him.

I looked around to see a paper and a dip pen beside it sitting on a small table. I quickly went over to it and placed the tip of the pen in the ink dip. I wrote in cursive, "Had to go back. Apologies for not saying bye. See you."

I slid the paper under the door of his bedroom then quickly ran back downstairs, where I bumped into towards the middle. I widened my eyes at her, "Elizabeth."

"Are you departing?" She asked. I nodded quickly, "I am. I'll see you when I see you."

She slightly bowed at me and I looked back at Robby's room. I grabbed her hand and sighed, "Can you tell him I just didn't want to wake him up? I'm afraid he'll be upset."

She nodded her head at me up and down as a reply so I just let go of her hand. Then I ran off to the library and then headed back to my century.

~Duke Richard~

As I saw Madison go down the stairway, I went up to Elizabeth. I began speaking, "Where is Miss Madison heading towards?"

She slightly jumped when she saw me stand in front of her and I rolled my eyes into a circle. She gasped, "Duke Richard. When did you arrive in front of me?"

"I'm not a ghost. I have a pair of legs and a pair of feet. I can walk."

She bowed down and I nodded my head.

This woman was so much worse than Amelia. Amelia was more exciting. Elizabeth was plain nothing.

Oh well.

Uncle Edward enjoyed every of the servants.

"Has Amelia departed yet?" She asked.

I sighed, "I asked you a question about Miss Madison. I would appreciate if you answered."

"Miss Madison is going out of the palace to explore more of England."

"She has not explored enough?"

"She is quite fascinated by England, sir." She replied slowly. My arms crossed paths and I sighed.

I waved my hand at Elizabeth and demanded, "Just go."

Before she walked away, I coughed to call her. She turned around once and I replied, "Amelia is departing in two days. You will depart in twenty one days. Uncle has extended your stay in the palace. He is kind enough to understand that you have a heart for my idiot of a brother."

"Duke Robert is not what you say."

I chucked.

I went up to her and grabbed her chin, "Why... Love him so much that I can't lay even one hand on him?"

Tears began forming around her eyes and I pushed her face out of the way. I was disgusted by her face. She was so...

Boring.

"Will you get out of my face now? Don't you want to give your last words to Amelia before you don't see her for many, many days..."

She nodded at me and then finally walked off.

I crossed my arms as I saw Madison enter the palace's library.

The library?

I thought she was going outside.

There is no way to go outside of the library.

I had my arms cross paths again... Where was she going?

I whispered to myself, "There is something strange about you Madison. And I'm gonna have to figure out what it is."

~End~

When I came back, I got pushed against the wall... very hard. I began groaning, "Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

I rubbed my butt quickly from the pain that hit me and I sighed loudly. I looked at the permanent line in the wall and moved my fingers through it slowly.

It was weird.

I was so bored everytime I was there.

But when I came back to my world, the only thing I could think about was going back to his world.

I missed him so much every time. Like I was missing him now.

We didn't even give each other a hi five before departing from each other. Like we usually do. I then thought about the kiss that he gave me. The first kiss in my entire life... And it was with the most amazing guy I've ever met.

Duke Robert Victor Albert David.

I sighed to myself, "I'm sorry for having to keep my feelings bottled up."

After a few seconds, I heard a dude's voice come from behind me, "This is what they wore to sleep in that century?"

I gasped loudly while turning around to see Scott, Sam and Dad standing there. I pointed at the three of them, "When... The heck did you get here?"

Scott replied, "I heard... Bottled up. What's bottled up?"

I wandered my eyes around, "Nothing."

As I walked towards them, Dad looked at me... Amazed. Stunned.

I looked at Sam and he was just smiling at me. I rubbed the top of his head, "What's up kiddo?"

"Where'd you go Spencer?"

I smiled, "London?"

Dad and Sam still had puzzled looks on their faces, but it was quite hard to explain.

Scott put his hands in his pockets, "Spence. Amanda's waiting for you upstairs. Go get yourself dressed normal first then come back to explain to Dad. Sound good?"

I nodded my head and slightly giggled at Dad while passing him to go upstairs.

-->

"SAY WHAT??!?!?!?!?!" Amanda screamed as i told her the story of Robby kissing me. I went to cover her mouth and exclaimed, "Shhh! I told you the story quietly for a reason!"

She pushed my hands off her mouth and sighed, "Whoa. Sorry. I got excited."

"I know. I can tell."

As I was changing into my school clothing, she sat on my bed, crossing her arms. She continued, "So... You kissed a guy... From a different century... How cool."

I scratched my head and groaned, "He kissed me, thank you very much."

"Your life is such a fantasy. You're so lucky. You got chosen to go back in century to help three woman."

I slightly smiled, "I don't know if you can call it lucky."

As I finished dressing myself, I went to sit down on the bed with her. We stayed quiet for a few minutes and I looked down at my legs. She grabbed my shoulders, "You miss Duke Robby, don't you?"

I moved only my eyes towards her face and then nodded my head. "You know what the funny thing is? I am so bored when I go back there. There's no technology, I forgot my phone so that was disaster, not even like a light. It's so boring. But when I'm back here, I wanna go back so badly."

"Because Duke Robert is your motivation to go back." She replied.

I looked at her as she was smiling at me with very soft eyes. She continued, "Do you remember what I said about Duke Robert? How I said he fell in love with someone which was quite odd in that century..."

I nodded my head in reply and she smiled again... She sighed, "I'm beginning to think... It may be you."

"He's not in love with me." I snickered.

"Not yet anyway."

I looked at her as she grabbed my hand, "Maddy. I know you like Duke Robert. Just by you telling the story and seeing your face every time you come back from the palace, I understand you like him."

"Can you promise me something?" She asked as she squeezed my hand tightly. I looked at her with no movement as she continued, "Can you promise me... That you will come back in your world. Don't ever forget that you have an entire life here."

I smiled, "That's an easy promise. Of course I'll come back. This is where I live. This is my world. I couldn't be able to live in that century."

"Maddy. You really don't understand yourself right now right?"

I gave her a puzzled look and she sighed.

"Mads." She said my nickname and continued. "My older sister, her name is Arielle. She was in love with the same guy ever since she was three. The guy's name was Aaron and he was our neighbor that we had known since birth. As we grew up, Arielle and I got an inheritance after our father passed away and we were heading good ways. But Aaron, his parents got divorced and he was a mess after that. He started downing on his grades and I think he did drugs. So our mother prohibited Arielle from seeing him. But the more they grew apart, the more Arielle realized she was in love with him. Then they began dating, which I had to keep a secret for years. By the end, our mother still hadn't allowed her to date him... So you wanna guess what she did?"

I widened my eyes at her wanting to know and she continued, "She ran away with him. By now, I don't know where they are. How they are doing or anything. I worry about my sister every single day, but I do know deep down Aaron is a decent guy. He will take care of her."

I slightly smiled, "So... Why are you telling me this?"

"Maddy." She started touching my shoulder. "You like Duke Robby... But you're not in love with him yet. You don't understand how hard it is to be away from someone that you love."

"I'm probably not going to fall in love with him."

She let go of my hand and began giggling, "Maddy. You already like him this much. I'm sure the more you see him, the more your feelings are going to grow."

Aye.

She was so right.

But, I didn't want to fall in love with him.

That's why I had to keep my feelings bottled up.

I smiled at her, "You know after he kissed me... He said that he liked me. I was pretty much torturing myself by saying, I'll tell you later. I wanted to yell at him that I like him so much, but... I didn't want him to... You know... Think further. I never thought that just liking a guy would be so complicated."

"It's actually not. You just chose to like a guy from the 20th century. That's all."

I chuckled and pushed her head. I looked at the clock which was already seven thirty and I smiled at her, "We're gonna be late for school."

I stood up and she still held on to my hand. I shook my arm around and smiled, "I promise I will come back every time. Okay?"

She then stood up and replied, "Good. As much as he likes you, make sure it ends at him liking you. No more than that. And continue to keep your feelings bottled up."

I sighed loudly and just nodded my head. She waited for me at my door and I groaned to myself.

I looked up the ceiling and had the picture of Robby in my head the entire time.

"I'm sorry Robby. As much as I like you, I really can't show it to you."

I went out of my door and saw Amanda waiting. She squinted her mouth at me and shook her head from left to right... She started, "So... Be honest. How was the kiss?"

I sighed smiling, "So amazing, you don't even have an idea..."

We walked downstairs with our arms linked as we stopped with Dad standing by the kitchen counter. He had his arms crossed, like he was waiting for my explanation.

"Madison Spencer Anderson. It's time to tell me the entire story."

I shrugged, "Well... If you had listened to me at first, then maybe it would've made my life easier."

He crossed his arms again and glared at me.

I continued glaring at Dad with my arms crossed as well.

Well, time for me to explain.

-->

During our lunch break at school, Amanda was telling me that Riley had a fit when I left the dance.

She said he even followed me out of the dance, but couldn't find me.

"I've gotta ask you, two Dukes have a crush on you back there. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't even know if Duke Richard likes me. He's not even married and he's sneaking around with one of the servants. It's disgusting."

She replied, "He must be in love with you if his spirit has been waiting for... many, many years."

I pouted my mouth at her and threw a fork at her. She reflected back at me and I just raised my eyebrows.

"What do I do to make Duke Richard's spirit stop following me? Do I make him fall out of love with me in that century?"

"I doubt it's that easy. A guy like Duke Richard... He sounds kind of scary. And I don't think his spirit would be wandering around being mad at you all the time if he fell out of love with you."

"Well... He's scary like his Uncle." I replied.

We stayed quiet thinking for a few minutes and looked around the cafeteria.

She then began, "Ever heard of black magic?"

"Black... Magic...?" I asked slowly.

She nodded her head.

"There may be one way... To get rid of Duke Richard's spirit from Riley's body. But it's going to be ... a little... creepy."

Okay.

Now I was creeped out.