Two Worlds

The Door

When Sam tapped my shoulders, I quickly jumped and he smirked, "Are you okay sis? You seemed out of it."

I stuttered, "Umm... no. I'm good. Just a little cold."

He nodded, "Well... I'm going upstairs to get something to eat. You coming?"

"I'll be there."

He went upstairs with Dad and I continued looking at the basement. First thing, it was huge. But it was just so empty. I kept moving in a circle until I noticed a shelf in the small hidden corner. I pulled my backpack higher up on my shoulder and walked up to it.

I saw a sort of book, that was pretty thick, that looked like a dictionary. I slowly went up to it but stopped when I could have sworn I felt someone walked passed me. I quickly turned my body around but there was nothing. I scratched my head and sighed, "What the heck? I could've sworn there was someone behind me."

Aye. I turned around again and saw the book sitting there. Then Dad called from upstairs, "Maddy! Can you please help me? I can't understand a word that the repairman is saying. Help me analyze it, please?"

I sighed, "Ugh. Why now."

I quickly ran upstairs and helped Dad with the working guys in the house... But I couldn't stop thinking about the basement.

That night, I was moving around back and forth in my bed and sighed loudly. I closed my eyes several times but no luck.

I closed my eyes for about ten minutes and when I opened it again, I saw a woman figure walking out of my room.

I blinked my eyes several times after I exclaimed, "Hey..."

She stopped for a bit and then walked out and I became freaked out. I quickly ran to the door and she was gone.

Okay, what?

I went back to my bed and went to Sam. Sam was sleeping like very comfortably so I didn't want to wake him up. There was a woman in our house and i wasn't even sure if it was human or... I don't know, right now.

I went back to my bed and started dozing off a few times. When I heard a woman's sound saying echoely, "Help me..."

I started moving my head back and forth when I heard it. "Help me... Help me..." It kept getting louder and louder... "Help me... Please, help me... I need help..."

I shot up so fast like a shooting bullet and I was sweating like crazy. Ugh, all of that was a dream. I actaully did fall asleep.

I was actually at relief and shook my head. I need to stop watching ghost movies with Sam before our sleep; especially in this creepy house.

The next morning, before school, we were all eating breakfast and Sam started, "Spencer. Why'd you get up last night?"

"I got up last night?"

"Well, you walked over to my room and then went back. So I woke up when you were walking past the bathroom."

I whispered to myself, "I thought that was a dream."

I was super... out of it right now.

--> At school, Amanda was really the only one nice to me. And she had me consider her as another friend, and I really appreciated her wanting to be friends with me.

"England's pretty cool... The weather's always cool though... It's like a mixture between sun, clouds and rain. But say, why'd you have to move all the way here? Wouldn't be okay staying in America?" Amanda said as we were walking to lunch. I replied, "Well... My dad's job had us move here so we really had no choice."

"And your father's job had to choose a house in Clark's Village? The village that is the most creepiest and oddest of the somerset town."

I shrugged, "It's only for the convenience right now. We'll move whenever we can find a new place."

She smiled as we sat down at the table across from each other. "So have you met any cute guys?"

"I've seen a few, but none of them are really my type."

"A girl like you... You have a type too?"

"Why?" I snickered. Amanda smiled, "Well... You seem more of the confident and daring type, I wouldn't think that they have types."

"And how do I seem confident and daring?"

She laughed, "Well your look. The long, wavy brunette hair. And the sweet dark brown eyes. Your 5'5 height, you're not too skinny... not too fat... The way you carry your bag. The way you not afraid to sit by yourself at lunch. Seems pretty macho."

I smiled, "I did grow up with all guys... So I guess my personality is like guy-ish."

"Well... for starters, you don't act like a guy. You're actually one of the prettiest girls that I've seen. You just seem... skillfull... You must have had a lot of boyfriends in your life."

"I like that compliment." I joked.

I continued, "But... I've never had a boyfriend nor has anyone ever been close to asking me out. I'm sure I just don't know what my type is."

"May I see your hand?"

"My hand?" I asked pulling my hand away. She grabbed it from across and sighed. She started observing my hand and smiled, "According to your relationship lines, you're going to have two true loves in your life."

I snickered, "Okay. How are you reading that?"

"On the side. That means love relationship and indicates how many relationships you will be in. The thickness of the line means how strong the relationship is."

I laughed, "Umm, they must be very wrong because I honestly don't think I'm getting passed one."

She squinted her mouth at me and smiled. "You're pretty cool. I really like you."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "Well... At least I've got a friend."

I heard Sam's voice coming from behind me and he ran up to sit next to me. "Spencer! Spencer!"

"What's up bro?"

"I wanna join the soccer team."

"Okay?"

"The tryouts are today... So I wanted to let you know that I'm not walking home with you."

I nodded and rubbed his head. Amanda smiled, "This is your little bro?" I nodded and she squealed, "Oh my goodness, you're such an adorable kid!"

Sam just smiled and she asked, "How old are you sweetheart?"

"Eleven."

"Aww, so cute."

I smiled and Sam said bye to both of us. I smiled and shook my head and continued eating my lunch. She started, "I can take you home. I have a car so I could take you home."

"I thought you were afraid of the village I lived in."

"It's day time... I'm sure ghosts don't come out during the day time."

I laughed, "Okay. If you're free, then I would really appreciate it."

"I have my car... so it'll be fine."

That afternoon, I invited Amanda into the house and she walked in slowly. She poked her head in a bit and I pulled her, "I've stayed here for almost a month. I'm sure there's nothing to haunt you here."

She smiled at came in. She sat down at the kitchen counter as I poured her orange juice.

"Nice rennovations." She said as she looked around the house. I smiled and looked around as well, "It's getting a little better. Just the problem I can't sleep."

"Get a new mattress then."

"It's not that... Just my dreams don't really let me sleep. My dreams are like I'm awake and I get up... But in the end it's just a dream."

"Sounds intense."

"It's weird. I even see a girl walking in my room sometimes in my dreams."

"Like the room that you're staying in?" She asked pointed upstairs. I nodded, "But I've gotten used to it. A dream is just a dream right?"

She slightly shrugged, "I've always analyzed my dreams. I feel like dreams have a meaning. And if there is an unknown girl walking around my room in my dreams, hell yes, I would definitley analyze it. It definitley means something."

I looked up at the cieling thinking what it would mean and smirked. She asked, "Are you afraid at all?"

I shook my head, "I've never really been afraid of anything." I then heard a huge thump coming from downstairs and I let out a little scream. Amanda looked at me with a confused face and I chuckled, "Sorry. Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"LIke... a big thumping sound. Like... Big jack steps on little jack... Yes... No?"

"Well... This big jack is starting to think little jack is insane." Indicating that she thinks I was going crazy. She stood up and sighed, "I gotta go. I have shopping things to do with mother. I will see you in school. Byee."

I waved her a goodbye and then shut my door. I went to go see what the sound was which was coming from the basement and quickly ran downstairs. The basement was still pretty empty but from a distance in the corner, I saw the book that I was looking at a few days ago on the ground. I went up to it and picked it up. It was legit, like a dictionary book. Or an encyclopedia. There were probably, I can say 50 very thick pages of paper. The cover was a dark red, almost a brown with a gold wave on the edges. I opened it up and a picture fell out.

I picked up the picture and it was a picture of a very handsome man. He was standing very still and next to a chair. He looked like he was from the royal family of England. He was very handsome and his outfit just shows it off a bit.

But why was it my basement?

Along with this book. I looked through the pages and it was only thick blank pages of paper. No writing, no scratches, no erase marks.. Nothing.

The person who lived here before us must have forgotten it.

I placed the picture in between the pages and placed the book into my backpack. I walked away from the shelf looking back and feeling another case of deja vu over me. I was odd.

I looked around the basement and just thought to myself, "I've been here before. I just have had to."

--> Before I went to sleep, I kept looking at his picture. He was a very handsome guy but the picture was soo old. It was rigid and a sepia color.

I heard footsteps in the hallway and my eyes widened. Sam and Dad just went to bed like five minutes ago, they couldn't have been walking in the hallway.

I slowly poked my head out and was freaked out to know that a woman was going downstairs. She was wearing a long sweater dress that was a light green and she continued walking downstairs.

I went to the top of the railing as she walked slowly down, I was starting to think was was not human at all. Her face really glowed out like she was... a ghost.

"Who are you?"

She looked up and slightly smiled. I could see her face clearly. She was a beautiful woman, first off. Her face was slightly, ancient looking. Someone who would have lived in the around the 18 or 1900s, by her outfit.

She looked back down again without answering. All I heard from far away was that voice again, "Help me....... Help me...."

I looked the other way to see a dark hallway and then when I looked back down, she was gone. What did she want from me?

Why did she want me to help her?

I went back to my room and picked up the book that was supposed to be blank. But when I opened the first page, there was someone's handwriting in it.

I was getting really freaked out because I knew when I first saw, there was absolutely nothing. I would know because I was really into the book that I turned to look at every single page and so I opened the book.

I started reading, "Written for my diary for the first time ever. I found this book in the corner of King Uncle Albert's room and he told that it was from someone whom he did not wish to care about. I was purely attracted to it so I wanted to keep it. The book had a... extravagent attraction on me... First off, I have a passion towards writing. And if this is the only writing I can do in my life, so let it be. Father and Uncle never really wanted me to have a career in writing so all I can do is secretly do it. This diary can help me express my feelings, I wish. This is all I can do for now. Father is calling for me."

The signature that was signed was strangely written. It was a big cursive R and a dot, and two big cursives ED.

I was so confused. Who was writing this? What did this mean? The handwriting was beautifully written... I didn't know if it was a girl or a guy who wrote it. "Hmm, who could R. Ed be?" The footsteps came again in the hallway and I quickly ran to it. Again, she walked downstairs but it was a different woman. I coughed and she looked up at me, who was even more beautiful than the first woman. She smiled and nodded.

I actually got goosebumps. I gulped and sighed, "Help her..." I nodded. I began following her but she disappeared when I got downstairs. The book was in my hand and I held it closely. I heard the basement door opening and then shut...

So she was leading me to the basement?

Who was this woman?

What did I need to help her with?

I followed her to the basement and quickly ran downstairs. It was still empty. But when I saw the shelf, behind it , it was literally glowing a very soft color. The light was blinking and I got closer to it. I moved the shelf which was very bright and saw a straight line on the wall. It was a big square but the color went with the color of the wall, there just a thick black line, like... It was a door. It continued glowing so I went to stand in front of it. As I touch it, something amazing happened.

It quickly flipped around... and the strange thing was that I went with it.

It took only a few seconds... That the door flipped and I fell down on my butt when it released me. I scratched my head and groaned, "It couldn't have gone easier on me."

I looked up and I was so confused. It was my basement... But... In a non-empty form. There were bookcases, book shelves, tables, chairs... And it was strangely organized. What was happening? I must have been dreaming. I pinched myself but it hurt really badly.

Okay, this is real?

Where did that door take me?

The book wasn't even in my hands anymore. Where'd it go?

I went passed the tables, the chairs. It seemed like it was a library. A very big library but the location looked exactly like my basement. There was even a small window in the left corner like my basement. The stairs were located in the same place as well. It was super quiet so I slowly started going up the stairs.

I slowly went up the stairs and stood in front of the door. I heard someone walking passed it so I stopped. Worrying that they would come in here... If they saw me, they must have thought I was a robber or something. I looked at my watch which said 3 in the morning, but the window showed that the sun was shining brightly. I pouted my mouth, "Did it take me to a different country or something?"

I heard the voices outside, "Would you have forgotten in the library?" With a very strong English accent... I looked down at the bookcases... This must have been the library. Oh god, oh god... Don't come in. I held onto the doorknob tightly and prayed that they didn't come in.

I heard a guy's voice, "No... It can't be. I never go in the library with that book. You have to help me find it."

"I will certainly help, Duke Robert."

Duke Robert? What kind of name was that?

I felt the doorknob turning and I had no idea what to do. I panicked so I pulled onto the doorknob. The door started shaking and I just kept pulling onto it. The voice outside said, "Hmm. Strange. I seem to have difficulty with going to the other side of the door."

Why did they talk so complicated?

The other voice said, "Leave it. Father's calling for me. Go serve him."

"Yes, Duke."

I sighed at relief. The voices were gone and then I poked my head out a little bit to make sure they were completely gone. I opened the door a little and was amazed at where I was. I was definitley in a palace. The decorations on the wall were mostly made of gold, and the artwork on the wall was absolutely gorgeous.

How did I get here? Was this like a passage way or something? I heard footsteps from the left side and stood behind the door. If I closed it, they would definitley come check. I noticed a lock on the door and I sighed, "Well... That was idiotic of me."

The voices began again, "Did you find Duke Robert's book?"

"No. It's no where to be found. It must have fallen around the palace."

Someone coughed way over on the side and I bent down to see.

Oh my god, it was the dude! The dude in the old picture! In that book. He was wearing the exact same thing. I could see his face very clearly. His eyes were a green-blue color, his hair was a dark brown kind of gelled to the side and he looked very... Prince like. A red top and black pants with a bunch of buttons and ribbons on his shirt. He was wearing black shoes and stood very straight up.

Wow, in person... He was much more handsome.

I saw him walk over and I whispered, "Oh god... I'm dead... Dead, dead dead."

Then he walked straight passed the door. He coughed, "Why are you taking such a massively long time? Father and Uncle are awaiting."

"We apologize Duke. We were looking for your book."

"The book can wait right now. Go serve them now."

Geez. Harsh man.

I saw the two servants go pass the door, and they were dressed very neatly. A suit for the man and a long dress for the woman. She was also wearing a sort of thing of bandana on her head. Was the Duke dude in front of the door? Crappppp!

I heard him talk to himself, "Where is that book?"

Hmm, wonder what book he was looking for.