Two Worlds

The Departure

"What are you looking at?" Robby asked from behind me. I slightly jumped from his sudden voice and looked up.

"Hey... Duke."

I had just came back to the palace a few hours ago, again... prepared.

And Robby's diary was still missing in my century.

I had been sitting on the couch in the library upstairs ever since I have gotten here, looking at the brochure of the University of Cambridge.

Robby then came to sit on the table in front of me and asked again, "So what are you doing?"

I sighed, "I'm just looking into my education."

He leaned his head forward and read the cover of the brochure. "The University... of Cambridge?"

"Do you know the school?" I asked, nodding my head. He chuckled and crossed his arms, "How can I not? I attended the school."

"Really?!"

He chuckled and nodded. I clapped my hands together and sighed, "So if I get accepted to the university, I'll be attending the same school as Duke Robert. Except, I know Duke Robert... How cool would that be?"

His smiling began growing smaller than eventually closed his mouth. He leaned in closer to me and began, "Has the university become an all girls school or is it... coeducational... As you speak of?"

I smirked, "Umm... It's co-educational."

He sat back on the table he was sitting on and crossed his arms. I saw him frowning and I was pretty happy that he was disappointed that I was attending school with guys.

I continued to joke as I leaned my head in closer towards him, "That means... I have to walk in the same hallways with men. When it's crowded, our shoulders come in contact... How does that sound to you?"

We looked at each other in the eyes for about twenty seconds. I just kept smirking and he just kept frowning. I saw him smile a little then he leaned in very quickly to give me a sudden kiss.

My eyes widened at first and then closed my eyes after a few seconds. He held his mouth on mine for thirty seconds before slowly pulling away. He still kept his forehead on mine and laughed, "I hate that idea."

When I finally realized what he just did, I snapped back and then pushed him. He slightly fell onto the table and began laughing. I exclaimed, "What are you doing?! Someone could see us!"

I quickly pulled my hair out of my face and made an angry face at him. He just continued laughing and grabbed my hand. Shaking it around, he continued, "There's not a soul out there. Everyone is in their beds at three in the morning."

"There's no such things as waking up in the middle of the night and going to the bathroom?"

He smiled and held my hand tighter, moving it around. After a while, he pointed at me with his other hand and began chuckling.

He started laughing even more after the time went by and I hit his shoulders. "What is wrong with you?"

"You said... someone could see us... You didn't ask why I kissed you." He leaned his face closer into mine and smirked, "Are you finally accepting the relationship between us?"

I stared at his eyes for a few seconds before pushing him again, "I can't be afraid of you getting in trouble?" I then looked away from him frowning, letting go of his grasp from my hands. He quickly grabbed both of my hands again and replied, "This is a completely different situation. Madison... How long are you going to hide your feelings for? Why do you keep hiding them? What are you doing it for?"

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, but he reached out to pull my bangs out of my face. He continued, "Madison... Please tell me something. It's hard to make an understanding of you. I tell you everything, but you reply with nothing. Do you know how long you have made me a mad man?"

I slightly chuckled, "I wish you could talk simpler, that way I can understand you completely."

"Maddy... Please, don't change the subject."

I guess it was time to get serious.

He sounded so serious.

I sighed loudly and closed my eyes a few times.

This was too hard to say.

I've never told my feelings to any one before. But... Here we go.

I reached out to grab his face a little, then slightly pinched them. He squinted a little and I smiled. I sighed loudly, "I do... Have... Feelings for you." I looked up at him and continued to smile, "In my century... We translate that to... I like you. Like... Really, really like you."

He smiled very widely and grabbed my entire face. He pushed them tightly and just held them there. He then moved his hands from my face to my shoulders and pushed them down a little, reaching up to kiss my forehead. We were at eye level after that and he grabbed one of my hands.

I don't think I've ever been so happy in my life.

He just kept smiling and I pushed his face backwards.

I continued, "I keep hiding my feelings because... I don't want to make my last day here in this century... end up being the worst day ever."

He seemed sad when I said that sentence, but he only reached out to feel my face with one hand. I looked down, wanting to cry... but kept it to myself.

He then smiled, "That day's not here yet... Let's not talk about it."

I nodded slowly and he continued to hold one of my hands. He then pointed to his cheek a few times and I gave him a puzzled look. He blew one side of his mouth out and pointed to his cheek again, also leaning into me.

I rolled my eyes when I realized he wanted to give me a kiss on the cheek. I let go of all of his grasps and pushed his face away, standing up.

"I'm sleepy... Good night."

I tried walking away but he pulled on my wrists and made me turn around. He sighed, "What do you call two people who are together in your time period?"

I looked down at his wrists and made sure no one was at the door. I quickly kissed him on the cheek and pulled away from him. I quickly ran out of the library and ran towards the bathroom. I closed the door and shrieked the smallest sound I could get out.

I slid down the door and pushed my head against my knees, having the biggest smile on my head. When I pulled my head up, I just smiled to myself.

I couldn't be any more happier.

-->

The next morning, when I came out of my room... Robby was coming out his room the same exact time. I looked up first before he saw me, and I just stood there holding the doorknob. He then looked up and stopped.

We both stayed quiet but then he raised both of his eyebrows at me quickly, then walked off. I leaned against the door and held my hand to my chest, just smiling like a maniac. After a few minutes, I heard a small cough behind me and I jumped.

I turned around to see Elizabeth, standing there and just smiling.

I gulped a few times before smiling.

I twirled my hair around with embarrassment and all she did was stand there, grinning at me. I scratched my head and then walked up to her. I grabbed her hands and moved my arm around, "How are you?"

"Feeling much greater after you brought me your medications. But I still get ill from time to time... And still not able to eat some sorts of foods."

That means she must be pregnant... For sure. When I went to the doctor's office to grab any type of medication for her, the only cases that I described resulted in stress or pregnancy. But if it's that intense that she can't eat, it must be pregnancy.

That... King Edward. He was so... Frustrating.

Elizabeth was getting bigger and bigger in the stomach. I can't believe anyone in this palace realized it.

Don't even talk about anyone in the palace... Elizabeth herself didn't even know she was pregnant.

"You still have no idea what's wrong with you?" I asked.

She slowly shook her head and I sighed loudly. I wanted to cry for her; I felt so bad for her. She was just so innocent and such a good person... It was torturing for me to know that she was being tortured so much.

Good people like her did not deserve this kind of life.

Or...

Should I be the one to tell her?

It's seriously not recommended for pregnant people to travel far away. I wanted her to be as safe as possible.

But, Duke Richard or King Edward wouldn't listen.

Elizabeth led me to the dining room where King Edward was sitting.

Ew, just seeing his face... made me disgusted by him all over. He stood up when he saw me and smiled at me, "My dear Madison. How dearly I have missed you."

Everyone stayed quiet, including me... Robby was behind me and just crossed his arms, sitting there. I just smiled at him and bowed my head. He continued smiling, a very sketchy smile and went to sit back down.

I just stood there and then Elizabeth began, "Miss Madison. May I lead you to your seat?"

I just slowly nodded at her and took my seat across from Robby. Then Duke Richard came in and sat right next to me. The look on everyone's face looked extremely confused and I slowly shifted my chair away from him.

Duke Richard only chuckled and began eating his food.

I had no appetite to eat anything at this moment. So I ate very slowly.

Robby glared at me and I just looked back at him. Well... He looked mad.

I could feel Duke Richard looking at me but I only looked down at my plate. I saw Elizabeth from the corner of my eye who just looked very down.

How was I going to help any of you?

Seriously.

-->

"Elizabeth... Are you in here?" I asked as I was knocking on the door of her room.

No answer.

I wanted to tell her about her pregnancy because a week passed by and she was just getting worse and worse.

I knocked on the door again and there was still no answer.

When I knocked the third time, the door opened by itself and it startled me a little bit. I slightly opened the door, poking my head in and coughing, "Elizabeth? Are you in here?"

Still no answer.

I looked around and saw no one in sight so I just went in. Well, she obviously wasn't in here because there was not a soul in this very small room.

I sighed loudly and shook my head.

Where was she when I needed her?

I was walking out of the room when I bumped into the small nightstand next to her bed. I exclaimed softly, "Crap!"

I saw all of her books fall on to the floor and I quickly bent down to grab them. I crumpled her books together and placed them on the stand again, exactly how it was. After grabbing one book by the edge, a picture fell out of the book.

I slowly picked it up and when I turned around, my eyes widened.

It was Robby.

The same exact picture I had in my house.

The picture I had found when I first found the diary.

It did belong to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth kept it ever since the pictures got developed from the night of that dance. Elizabeth secretly loved him this much.

I then heard the door open and I went into panic mode... Because I heard King Edward's voice outside.

Crap, crap, crap, crap!

I sprinted quickly to the closet and shut the door as fast as I could.

Damn.

This closet was too small.

Madison, stay as still as you can...

I heard a thump from the outside and I could hear Elizabeth crying. Then... I heard a slap. My eyes grew big when I heard a second slap and all she was doing was crying.

Then the door opened again and I heard a familiar voice.

Duke Richard's voice.

"Uncle. What are you doing?"

King Edward chuckled a bit, "I have just finished with Elizabeth. Do you want her next?"

"No." Duke Richard sighed, "Elizabeth has never been in my sight."

All she did was cry.

All I wanted to do was get out because I could barely breathe.

Duke Richard continued, "I just wanted to report that Amelia has arrived to the house. There had been a bit of a delay because the horse went ill."

King Edward asked, "Why couldn't you use an automobile?"

"An automobile driving for three days? Uncle... Get serious." Duke Richard replied.

They stayed quiet for a second and then Duke Richard concluded, "Uncle. I must speak with you in concern of Elizabeth. But we need to go outside."

I heard the door open and shut, and heard Elizabeth crying harder.

I poked my head out a little and saw no one was there, so quickly came out... breathing heavily. She saw me and jumped, "Miss Madison. What are..."

I shushed her and then handed her the book which had Robby's picture on the inside and went very closely to the door. I put my ear right beside the door to make out what they were saying. King Edward started, "What is it Richard?"

"Robert and his girl... Madison... There's something strange about those two - but they are not giving any clues to what it is."

"Strange? As in..."

"I feel like they know something about our doing. But it's hard to understand how much they know... I can't make out what they are aiming for."

"You're watching them closely?"

"My eyes never leave their sight."

"Good. Keep it that way. If they come close to following us, you know what to do."

Duke Richard went quiet and then King Edward continued, "I'm in shock that you did not satisfy yourself before Amelia made her departure. I thought you would have wanted to have one last sweet moment before she was not in the palace anymore."

"I'm getting... bored, Uncle."

"Bored? Of women?" King Edward asked. "A grown man like you... Bored of woman?"

Duke Richard still continued to stay quiet and I heard a small tap. "Nephew, nephew, nephew. Don't get bored yet. I still need your help getting all the woman I need there."

"Although I am not satisfying myself with woman anymore... I still will help you Uncle. You don't need to be in fear of that."

"Don't get fooled with that Miss Madison of yours. She's tangled up with your dear brother. The two of them have a relationship like that, I can imagine how far they've gone."

Ugh.

Does all King Edward have in his mind is sex between two people?

He's so disgusting!

"I'm not an idiot, Richard. Your stopping your attachment with Amelia makes me understand that your feelings are growing for your Miss Madison. You don't want to hurt her, right?"

He stayed quiet.

King Edward laughed.

"Oh my nephew. Women... are just like men. When they find somebody they enjoy being with, it's impossible to change their minds. Your dear Madison has already fallen for your dear brother... You're not going to change her mind."

"Uncle, I don't want to discuss this."

"If you have no feelings towards her..." King Edward stopped for a bit, then continued... "Then you wouldn't mind, if I..."

"Uncle! You can have all the women you want... Except for Miss Madison. Please, I beg you... Do not go near Miss Madison."

King Edward laughed again, "I was only playing a comedy, Richard. I wouldn't dare touch your girl... Especially, after this sudden change."

Ew like times a thousand.

Gross, gross and gross.

He was such a bastard.

I heard footsteps walking away and sighed in relief that someone was gone. But then I heard King Edward's voice again... "What an idiot nephew I have. But it gets me to finish the job." Then I heard footsteps walking the other way.

King Edward... What a bastard.

Oh my god.

He was using his nephew for the worse things ever.

I turned around to Elizabeth again who had blood oozing down her mouth. I exclaimed, "Elizabeth!"

She looked very weak so I helped her get up to her bed. I started, "How are you? Sorry for barging in your room... I didn't know where you were and Duke Richard just came in with King Edward."

Tears were still coming down from her eyes so I wiped them off. I wiped some blood off from her mouth and looked at her crying face. I sighed, "When will Duke Richard understand that King Edward is just using him?"

"When he has gained a heart."

I shook my head and she continued, "I feel Duke Richard has grown feelings for you, Miss Madison."

I started chuckling and shook my head, "No way."

"Miss Madison. The way he looks at you... Is not any different from the look that Duke Robert gives you. He has very loving and soft eyes when he looks at you. The action of love can change people, Miss Madison. Although Duke Richard has done bad things to Amelia, he has not done anything since he has grown feelings for you."

This couldn't be true.

Duke Richard?

Having feelings for me?

I sighed loudly... "Duke Richard. Why me?"

"Your face and your heart is like an angel. Any men who sees you must feel something for you."

I shivered a little, "Yeah. That definitely explains the ten relationships I've had back in my time."

She smiled at me with my joke, "A beautiful faced and hearted woman like you... Is destined to have a soulmate. Your attachment with men is hard, so a woman like you has a destiny."

I saw her holding Robby's picture and I smiled at her, "I think I've already found someone."

She gave me a puzzled look and I began crying a little. I wiped a few tears off and then smiled, pointing at Robby's picture, "I know you have feelings for Rob... I mean, Duke Robert. And I want to apologize for having the same feelings for him to."

I started crying a lot and grabbed her hand, "But i don't know who to tell anymore. I don't know who to tell. You're the only person I can turn to."

"What do you need to tell me Miss Madison?" She asked squeezing my hand tighter. I cried, "I feel like the guy I'm destined to be with is here... But I can't be with him. I've never been in love with anyone, but I think I'm in love with Duke Robert. And it's killing me to know that I'm not even allowed to be with him."

She stood up and grabbed my shoulders, pulling me in for a hug. I just cried on her shoulders, knowing that our relationship has to end someday.

-->

That night, I was on the small balcony that was near my room because I could barely sleep. I was leaning against the balcony just looking up at the moon.

The roads.

The very little amount of cars that were passing by the palace.

The fact that I was in history.

I have to admit... Life in both centuries were chaotic, but I enjoyed being in both. I just didn't want this entire thing to end. Knowing that time was beginning to meet up each other, just made my heart drop.

I jumped when a pair of hands came from behind me, but when I looked up it was Robby. I sighed in relief, very loudly and hit his head, "Scared me."

"My apologies." He chuckled.

I felt he was putting a necklace on me, so I looked down to see a very big heart shaped necklace that was gold.

Why was he putting it on me?

He moved his arms down to my waist and just hugged me from behind, placing his chin on my shoulders. He looked down at the necklace, "I have the watch that your mother gave you on her death bed."

He then grabbed the heart that was hanging from my neck, continuing, "Now, you have the pocket watch that my mother gave me on her death bed."

I then held it, opening the gold heart in half and seeing the antique watch moving one by one. I began smiling and he just hugged me more.

"You don't have to give this to me."

He sighed, "Your watch is the most treasurable item you have. This pocket watch is the most treasurable item I have. You trust me keeping your watch so that means I can trust you keeping mine."

I slightly chuckled, "So when are we going to switch watches?"

He kissed my cheek and I squinted. "Hmmm!"

I heard him chuckle and he sighed, "Not anytime soon."

I looked at him and just nodded. I grabbed his hands that were on my stomach and started, "Someone might see."

He kissed my cheek again and whispered, "You do know there's a lock on the balcony door."

I only smiled, looking up at the sky, as he was still hugging me from behind. He started, "Why are you still awake?"

"I couldn't really sleep? I saw the balcony door already open so I figured I would just come out for a while until I get sleepy."

"Are you still thinking heavily about Elizabeth?"

"I'm thinking heavily about everything. Elizabeth, Amelia, Valeria, Duke Richard, King Edward... Just... Everything. Nothing seems to be easy."

"Speaking of Richard, have you found anything more from your friend?"

I sighed, "Riley? I..."

Wait.

I can't just say that we killed him.

He'd be shocked.

No, I can't do that.

I just sighed loudly, "Nevermind. I won't tell you yet. Let me know more of the details then I'll tell you."

He just smiled.

"Okay. Since you won't tell me anything... Why don't we just not talk?"

"What does that mean?"

He grabbed my waist and smirked. Then he just kissed me.

-->

It was the day of Elizabeth's departure and her eyes were as swollen as a twisted ankle. She was leaving in like two hours and I felt like it was too short.

I didn't want her to leave being pregnant like this.

Robby tried suggesting for her to go to the hospital but both King Edward and Duke Richard didn't allow it. They even made her trip even faster.

"Duke Robert, sir." One of his servants called Robby when he was sitting on the couch of the family room. I just happened to walk by when I finished ironing some of my clothes.

"Hmm, what it is?" Robby asked. He looked up at me and winked at me with both eyes and I just smirked at him.

"A letter is directed towards you, sir."

"From whom?"

"No name sir. Just an envelope with your name on it."

His servant handed him the envelope and he accepted it quickly. His servant... I think his name was Charles... Just stood by the side of the open door while Robby teared open the envelope.

A smile came to his face as he began reading the letter that was inside of it.

And I was becoming curious to what he was reading.

I walked behind the couch to try to make out what he was reading and Robby just looked up, throwing the paper beside him.

"Miss Madison. What are you in need of?"

I crossed my arms and smirked, "You look like you were enjoying that piece of paper."

He smiled, "It's nothing."

Duke Richard then came out of nowhere grabbing the piece of paper that was sitting on the couch. Robby tried to get it back from him but Duke Richard just reflexed his arm back.

Duke Richard read the letter and laughed, "What? You can't tell Miss Madison that you're meeting with your old friends, old pals?"

Robby grabbed the letter back from him forcefully, folding it up and putting it in his pockets. "What do you want Richard?"

Okay.

Why didn't he just say he had a meeting with friends?

He smiled, "I just wanted to know if you or Miss Madison would care to say your goodbyes to Elizabeth... She is departing."

Robby and I looked at each other and he asked, "Why so quickly?"

"It was her request."

I quickly ran out of the living room to see an automobile parked in front of the palace. Elizabeth was standing in the front of the car.

She looked up at me and began crying.

I walked up to her and grabbed her hands... and shook them around. "I can't believe... You're leaving the palace."

"Months have passed by like seconds for me."

I nodded my head as I saw Duke Richard and Robby coming out from the entrance door. Robby came up next to me and stood besides me. He tapped Elizabeth on the arms as little as possible and nodded, "Good luck Elizabeth."

Robby nudged me with his left arm slowly and I just nodded at him, without looking. He walked away to stand next to Duke Richard again and Elizabeth gave me an envelope.

"What's this?"

She tried smiling, "The picture... of Duke Robert that you found in my room. It belongs to you."

I grabbed her hand and moved them back towards her, shaking my head. "Thank you, but you should have a memory of him. I will try to make my memories."

She looked down, smiling and I grabbed her into a hug. She hugged me back by the waist and cried, "Thank you again Miss Madison... For being the kindest human being to me. I will never forget you."

I started whispering very softly, "Elizabeth. Count on my words. I'll be at that house in no time. We're gonna help you."

I had the feeling of her nodding on my shoulders then we pulled apart from each other. She got into the automobile and I went close to the car. I began, "How far does this go?"

"This is only taking me to the carriage." She then bent down to whisper, "King Edward does not want anyone to suspect."

I scratched the back of my head and nodded at her. I waved at her but I only saw her crying. She bowed her head at Robby once more before the car took off. I just stood there crossing my arms, feeling so much pity for her and the other two girls.

Then I heard Duke Richard say to Robby, "So when are you meeting up with Charlotte?"

"Will you ever stay out of my business?"

Duke Richard just laughed and then went back inside the palace.

What the heck?

Who the hell was Charlotte?