Two Worlds

The Woman

I walked out of the bathroom, shutting the door. When I turned around, I saw Duke Richard standing next to the bathroom door with his hands in his pockets.

I sighed, "Duke Richard."

"Miss Madison." He greeted. I wandered my eyes around and then walked the other way from him but he reached up walking next to me.

"So where's your beloved Robert, today?" He asked as we were both walking. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "How should I know? He's been out since the morning."

"And you're not wondering why?"

I stopped walking and crossed my arms, "What do you want Duke Richard?"

My eyes grew big when he grabbed both of my hands. He sighed, "Miss Madison. I am warning you with good will. Please, if you have a plan to follow Uncle Edward somehow... You have to stop."

"Why would I be following your Uncle? Did he do something bad?" I replied letting go of his hold.

"You're from a strange place, Miss Madison. I've met Americans before and they don't talk like you. Your costume when you came to the night of the ball and when you arrived here was very strange and revealing. Your entrance here is from a wall of the palace library. I feel like we are very different... Like from a different time period or century."

Dang, he was smart.

I stayed quiet and he just continued, "Miss Madison. My uncle is a very dangerous person. He may be a great king but he is a very dangerous person. He can chop you into pieces if he's not satisfied with you."

"Why do want me to know this?"

"Because I'm worried that he might hurt you."

"You should worry more about your brother. He's the one who lives under the same roof as your Uncle." I concluded. I walked away from Duke Richard and rolled my eyes. Why would he suddenly wanna be a good person now? Seriously.

I bumped into Charles, one of Robby's servants and he only bowed at me. I started, "Ugh umm, Duke Robert isn't back yet?"

"Not yet, Miss Madison. He may be back in the early morning or the light morning."

Hmm. Why is signing documents with your father taking so long?

"Did he not inform you about his meeting his friends, Miss Madison?"

Meeting his friends?

He told me he was going with his father to sign and send documents. He didn't say he was meeting up with his friends.

"Umm, friends?"

"Yes. His older friends at the university, Miss Madison."

Charles walked away from me and then I stood there crossing my arms. It was like already eleven at night and he wasn't back home.

Why did he have to lie to me about going to meet his friends? Was it that horrid that he had to tell Charles and Duke Richard but not me?

If it's one thing I hate... I really hate being lied to.

-->

I could barely sleep with the fact knowing that Robby was still out at two o'clock in the morning. Some meeting with old friends, right?

I turned on my iPhone and scrolled through my camera roll pictures; I looked around the room to make sure no one could see me.

I scrolled through my pictures of Scott, Sam, Dad and I... And I missed them a lot. A week and one day without being with them was really lonely. But being in the palace wasn't so bad... I was actually kind of getting used to it. I mean, Robby assigned to me to have like three servants and they were here if I called them.

But I didn't enjoy using them that much.

They are people.

Elizabeth was the best though. She was so sweet, kind and super helpful.

I then heard footsteps from the next room and quickly put my phone into the pockets of the silky shirt. The footsteps stopped after a few seconds and I looked at the door from where I was sitting.

I saw a slight shadow so I quickly got up. When I went into the other corridor, I saw the shadow quickly walking back towards the stairs so I just crossed my arm.

Who the heck was that?

I then heard a sound from a distance of the palace that was coming from the outside. I quickly went to go see what it was, standing in front of the window but behind the curtains. I took a sharp look to see a car parked in front of the palace really far away and then I saw Robby getting out of the car.

I couldn't make out who the other people were in the car, but the car seemed full. I squinted my ears more to see if I could make out who it was but I didn't see anyone.

All I know is that he looked very happy.

When he looked up towards my direction, I quickly hid behind the curtains but still moved my head backwards to see if he was still there.

He didn't see me afterall.

He waved to the people in the car and then headed his way towards the palace. I shook my head multiple times before heading upstairs. When I reached the first step, I noticed a small shadow on the sides and it caught my attention. But as Robby was coming closer, I just shook my head and ran upstairs very quickly.

When I arrived to the room, I shut the door and stood behind it. I closed my eyes, groaning... Thinking about why Robby had to lie to me.

Robby: I'll be back during the night time, so you don't have to wait up for me. I'll be signing documents with Father so who knows how long that will take.

Charles: Did he not inform you about meeting his friends, Miss Madison?
Me: Umm, friends?
Charles: Yes, his older friends from the university, Miss Madison.


I held my fists together and closed my eyes again, trying to hold my anger together.

-->

The next morning, I saw Robby sitting on the sofa of the upstairs library and I just coughed as I was coming in.

He smiled at me, then waved at me. But I just stayed still, making out a small grin at him. I sat at a far distance from him and from the corner of my eye, I saw him making a puzzled face at me.

To break the silence, I started, "How was signing documents with your dad?"

"Same old usual. Nothing exciting, really."

And yesterday, you looked like you were so bored. I didn't reply and tried reading a book that was on the table, but I wasn't making out the antique cursive. So I just pretended like I was interested in the font.

"You're awfully silent today. Not usually your monkey self."

"I woke up like... ten times last night." I lied. He stood up to start walking towards me and continued, "Are you sure you're not ill? Your eyes don't seem too estatic."

I looked up, "Are my eyes always estatic?"

He slightly chuckled sitting on the chair across from me. He picked up a large sized book and started reading.

"How nice it is to see you son." Said a familiar voice from behind.

He looked up and I turned around seeing Robby's dad, Prince Alfred. He stood there extremely straight up, smiling at Robby...

"Father."

"I haven't seen you for the past eight days. Where have you been wandering around, son?"

I looked at Robby, who had a very shocked face right now. Hmm... It didn't even take me any strength to get the actual truth out of him.

"I've been around, Father. You just haven't noticed." Robby replied. He nodded and smiled, "Just let me see your face once in a while. It would be nice to see my eldest son." He turned to me and began grinning, "How are you Madison?"

"I'm fine, thank you." I said with a stutter. He nodded, "You two enjoy yourselves now."

Prince Alfred left the room and Robby just stood there, a bit still... and shocked. I smirked, "Your dad's sweet."

"Madison..."

"So why'd you lie to me?" I asked standing up. Robby looked around the room to make sure no one was around and I continued, "No one is in here. You can talk quietly if you need."

"My apologies, Maddy. I wasn't with Father yesterday."

"Seriously. I'm not mad that you weren't with your Dad last night... But I am upset that you had to lie to me, until today. I'm not a... mean or raging person -- that if you go out with friends and I'll be asking you like a police cop."

He looked at me a little puzzled and I forgot this was 20th century. I groaned and sighed, "You were with friends last night... That's not a crime. You don't need to lie about it."

He stayed quiet, looking down on the floor. I wandered my eyes around and continued, "It was... friends, right?"

He slowly nodded, "There were a few females."

"Female friends?"

He nodded his head and I just crossed my arms. I began smiling, "Robby. Seriously... Just a night out with your friends... Right?"

He nodded his head again and I smiled, "You made it seem like you did a crime, or something."

"You're not angry?"

"Why would I be angry? I mean... I'm upset that you lied to me, but other than that... You can tell me. I have friends back in my century too, it's not a bad thing to go hang out with friends."

He grabbed my hand and smiled, "They're only my friends from the university. I only go see them once in a while."

"And like I said... It's not a crime. Just don't lie to me, okay?"

He smirked and nodded, "Promise." He held out his hand for me to give him a high five and I held out my hand to give him one, while our other hands were holding on to each other. We began fooling around with each other, just laughing off and then we heard a cough from the door. When we turned around, it was Duke Richard and we immediately pulled away from each other. I walked away from Robby, sitting on a chair from a far distance from him when Duke Richard finally came in.

Robby went to one of the bookshelves, as Duke Richard went up to him. He started, "Father wants to see both of us."

"Father just came in and greeted me." Robby replied. Duke Richard sighed, "Well, he wants to confront us again. Let's go."

Robby placed the book back on the bookshelf and walked out of the library behind Duke Richard. He slightly waved at me and I nodded at him.

I was in the library by myself until two servants came in, standing nearby the window.

Well... This was super exciting.

-->

After thirty minutes of just sitting around, I decided to go to the bathroom so I could play with my Iphone.

When I went upstairs, I heard voices from another room and one of them sounded like Robby. I looked around the corridor to see if anyone was there, but they weren't... So I went closer to the door where the voices were coming from.

"Son, I am worried about your image as Duke Robert. It's going to get ruined."

"I'm not doing anything bad, father. Madison and I are just relatively close friends. Nothing more than that."

"Yes, but the two of you are not related by blood... The only relationship you have is being cousins by marriage. Nothing else. Feelings can expand."

Robby sighed very loudly, "Father. I'm not going to do anything to ruin your image as a prince. Understand?"

"Son... I'm doing it for your good will. I am worried about your image. The two of you have been together at all times ever since the day she has arrived at this palace. Do you know how the servants are looking at you and I?"

"So you're more worried about how your reputation rather than mine, correct?"

It went quiet for a few minutes, but then I heard footsteps from my right and quickly stood up.

Pretending to walk towards the way they were coming from. It was one of the servants in the palace... When he saw me, he bowed his head and began, "Miss Madison."

I responded by smiling and watched him walk to the end of the corridor on the other side and quickly walked back to the door... Knowing that I probably missed at least a quarter of that conversation.

Robby continued, "If Madison's image has to get ruined somehow, I will be the one to take responsibility for it."

"Like how?" Duke Richard asked. "Take responsibility by marrying her?"

"If it must happen, then I must do it."

Holllyyyyyyyyy crap...

Get married?

Hellllllllll no.

Silence came in the room again and I sighed very loudly.

So if two people are super duper close, the responsibility is them getting married? Dang, this century was stiff.

I heard the door open quickly, but I had no where to go. I stood in front of the door and saw Duke Richard come out, seeing me... with a puzzled look on his face.

"Miss Madison."

I didn't say anything but I just kept the face I had. He looked back to the door on his right and looked back straight at me, "Did you just hear..."

I quickly shook my head in response, "I heard nothing."

He looked at me up and down then nodded. He walked the other way, shaking his head and I moved a distance away from the door because I don't think I could hear any more than this.

-->

Around morning time, two days later, I went downstairs to see about ten or fifteen the servants gathered around together, looking very... surprised and confused at the same time.

When they saw me, they separated themselves very slowly, looking down and I went up to Charles right away. I smiled, "Hey... What's going on?"

He placed his hands together in front of him and replied, "Duke Robert has a visitor, Miss Madison."

A visitor?

That's what they were gathering themselves for?

"A woman visitor, Miss Madison!" Another servant whispered from behind me. I turned around and the person who said it looked down when Charles hissed, "Arielle!"

I looked back at Charles with a confused face now because I was super puzzled about why they had to be super puzzled about a woman visitor.

I then heard running footsteps from the stairs and saw Duke Richard putting his uniform jacket on. He exclaimed, "What was the outraging knock on my door? I thought there was a fire in the palace."

I went to whisper, "I thought it was something worse, don't worry."

He slightly smiled at me when we met eyes and then Robby came down quickly, buttoning his uniform jacket. When he passed me, he tapped my shoulders and going up to Charles. "Charlie. What is going on? Who came to see me?"

Charles went right up to Robby's ears and whispered a few words and Robby's face became very still.

Well... Now I wanted to know who this woman visitor was.

"Well... Well... Well... I thought I heard a familiar voice coming from over here." A girl's voice came from the other room and entering the room with the stairs. We all looked her way and holy macro, was she gorgeous.

She wore a very long, black dress... but it was extremely tight, which showed her extremely x factored body. The sleeves on the dress were just as tight and it showed all the muscles in her arms. Her dress exposed both sides of her clavicles and the back... Basically, you could see the entire shape of her butt.

Her face... Absolutely gorgeous.

She had long dark brown hair that was beautifully straight and went down to her waist. Her eyes were shining pairs of brown and her smile was absolutely pretty.

And she was wearing high heels, that were so not in trend in my century.

She was like a 20th century Megan Fox.

She had that mean girl look to her that did not make me like her. And trust me, I'm never wrong about people.

"Charlotte." Robby said with a sigh. My eyes immediately widened and thought about when Duke Richard asked, "so when are you going to meet with Charlotte?" And when he opened the letter, smiling.

This was Charlotte?

Holy Crap!

She made her way through the servants and came to grab Robby's hands, right in front of me and my eyes immediately grew huge. Robby glanced at me and I noticed all of the servants began whispering. Robby quickly let go of her and kind of glared. She looked around, laughing while putting her hands on her mouth, "Completely forgot to recall that this was a palace and my Robert is a Duke..."

My... Robert?

I did not like this girl right after she came in from the other room.

I crossed my arms and Robby demanded, "Everyone. This is Charlotte... An old friend from University. Everyone can go back to doing their jobs now."

All the servants moved slowly, moving into another room. Duke Richard slightly tapped and motioned me to get out with his head. I slightly nodded, wanting to go back upstairs. I felt Robby grab my wrists and sighed, "You stay, Madison."

I looked at him with a very worried look on my face because this girl did not seem like she was normal. When he grabbed my wrist, she legit just gave me an extremely scary glare. I used my other hand to pull his hands off of me and we just stood there, very still.

Robby coughed, "Umm. Madison... This is Charlotte. One of my friends from the University."

I looked at Robby, making a "What-Do-I-Face?" and he just shook his head at me very softly... And I want to guess that means just smile.

I just smiled at her and she smiled back at me, "Pleasure to meet you, Madison. Are you a cousin of Robert's?"

Once again, I looked at Robby and then back at her... A little disturbed by her personality because her face just made me frustrated. I giggled, "Heh. Cousin by marriage. Not blood related."

She squinted her eyes a bit and then turned back to Robert. She grabbed his wrists again in front of me and continued, "Robert. Seeing you three days before made me terribly miss the times we had in the University. Even though we were in a completely different building."

She giggled a bit and I just pouted my mouth.

I was not enjoying this.

"That day was just not enough. We should go out and be young again. Just you... and I...."

Be... Young... Again.

What the hell did that mean?

Hmph >.<

Robby looked at me again, pushing her hands down and crossing his arms... "You and I will not do. We should spend time together in our group of friends. Not just the two of us."

"But during University years, you would walk me to the building I was going to learn in. Don't you remember, Robert..."

He sighed loudly and turned to look at me. I crossed my arms, looking away and he kind of tapped my shoulders... When I looked back, he was giving me a very sorry face but I only pouted my mouth at him.

"Charlotte, you should go. It will not look good for you if you visiting the palace to see me."

"Are you worried about my image... or yours?"

"When have I ever been serious enough to worry about my own image? Charlotte, you really should go."

Charlotte glared at me again and pushed her lips together. "Are you worried about her?" She turned back to Robby again, but he just stayed quiet.

She sighed and crossed her arms, "Fine. But I may need to use your restroom before departing. May I, Robert?"

"As you wish... There's plenty downstairs." Robby replied. When she turned around to leave the room, I could see her butt in a very vivid view and it was not the most pleasant for my girly eyes to see.

She left the room and I turned to Robby, asking, "You walked her to her school building? I thought you said University of Cambridge was a dude's school before?"

"Dood? That means... Male, right?"

I glared at him and he sighed, nodding his head, "Okay. She went to a different university of me but she was the lover of my friend and for some strange reason, they decided not to be together anymore. I don't understand how that works but that's how I know her."

"You can't break up with anyone in this century? Harsh."

"Are you angry?"

I snickered, "Umm not really. I'm just a little shocked by her outfit."

He gave me a puzzled look and he continued, "I don't even know why she's here to visit me. She shouldn't be visiting me in the palace. Seeing her outside is more than enough."

"She misses you..."

He now glared at me and I smirked, "Right... You're a Duke."

He sighed with the sound of being stressed out and I just tapped his shoulders, "Hey... I'm sure it's not that bad. She's gonna leave soon anyway, right?"

"That is what I am imagining."

I saw Duke Richard go down the corridor but his face looked as serious as ever. I tapped Robby on his arms and started, "I'll be right back."

I walked to the corridor that Duke Richard went and straightly followed him. When I saw the door open and that Charlotte girl coming out, I quickly hid behind the open space in wall where they placed the table. I heard Charlotte's voice asking, "Who is that Madison woman? What does she have to do with Robert?"

"Charlotte. What on bloody hell are you doing here? You should not be here!" Duke Richard exclaimed.

"I came to express my feelings for Robert. I have been hiding them for too long and I can not hold them any more longer. Now who is that Madison woman?"

Duke Richard chuckled, "And you really think he's going to respond to your idiotic feelings? The two of you were nothing during University, what makes you think you telling your feelings to him is going to change that?"

Whoa...

Got props for Duke Richard right now.

Charlotte stayed quiet but Duke Richard continued, "Do not expect that Robert is going to be like me. Sneaking into your home late night to have a little enjoyment for ourselves."

My eyes immediately widened when Duke Richard said that sentence.

Holy.

Freaking.

Crap.

Duke Richard... And Charlotte.

"You would not dare, Richard." Charlotte replied. Duke Richard chuckled, "Do you not know me well enough, Charlotte? If I can dare to go to your home late at night, I can certainly go and tell Robert what you have planned for him."

"I demand to know who that Madison woman is." Charlotte said in a very angry tone. Duke Richard replied, "She is a woman who you can never balance yourself up to. You would want to believe me... Robert isn't going to move his feelings to you that easily."

Charlotte breathed heavily and I heard her groan a bit.

I then heard her chuckle and she began, "Well, if I make that Madison woman get a heartbreak... I'm sure she won't stand in between Robert and I."

"What are you going to do? Take Robert away from her? That's highly impossible."

"They're not married, Richard. And Robert is not the type to enjoy himself with woman if he's not married. We both know him too well. Everything that he wants to do to satisfy, he waits until marriage -- And I can give him that marriage."

Her tone went softer, but I heard, "I will ruin... That Madison woman."

I heard Charlotte's high heels clacking against the floor as she passed by the open space in the wall I was hiding behind. I quickly stood straightly making sure she passed by me without seeing me and she completely walked right out of the corridor.

Oh my god...

That bitch.

I heard Duke Richard sighing to himself, "Not if I ruin you first, Charlotte."

Damn... These two has got a game going on for themselves and I could tell I was not going to like this.

-->

I have been here for like... sixteen days and I was a little worried about why the freaking wall was not calling me.

I miss Dad... I miss Sam.

Scott's probably already come home by now and I missed all of his home visits. I felt like I had been here for months.

Robby and I had been a little stiff with each other ever since the day Charlotte came to visit him. I worried him that she was going to do something but he said I don't think Charlotte is like that.

Fine, don't believe me Mr. Duke.

After coming out of the bathroom, I bumped into Robby reading a piece of paper and he was just smiling. We met eyes and I started, "Charlotte send you a letter again?" We both stopped in the middle of the hallway and stood there face to face.

"Yes. But I'm only smiling because she's playing a comedy about my other friends as well. There are the writings of my other friends as well, Maddy." He replied while sitting on the chair near by the corridor. I pulled my hair out of my face and continued, "I trust you... It's just her I don't trust. She seems very... untrustworthy."

He chuckled a bit and stood up again, "Is the furious and great Madison Anderson jealous of Duke Robert?"

"Chi!" I snickered. "Me? Jealous? I don't know the meaning of being jealous."

"And you try to mighty." Robby joked. I hit his arm and he held it, pretending like he was actually hurt. He grabbed my hand and sighed, "You do not need to be jealous. I'm not going to change my mind..."

"Even with a tight dress like that... Whoosh?"

He laughed a little then shook my hand around, "I'm being serious. Charlotte may be beautiful and have an amazing body..." I looked at him and squeezed his hand very tightly to hurt him but he pushed it off, saying that that actually hurt.

He grabbed both of my hands again and smiled at me, "But she's nothing like my Maddy."

I smiled uncontrollably at his cheesiness.

Gosh, he was just so cute.

It's so hard to want to go home when he was being like this.

Seriously... If this was 21st century right now... Duke Robert would actually be my boyfriend. How cool.

But since this is 2012 minus a few hundred years -- We could say we're very friendly acquaintances.

Oh how different this was.

I guess I can still fantasize like I'm in my century.

I started singing in my head that Duke Robert is my boyyyyfrieeeendddddd and it is wonderrrrfffffuuuullll. :)

Something dropped on the floor and we both looked down to see that my camera had dropped from the pocket of my shorts underneath the dress I was wearing.

"Why does that camera not fit my stupid pockets?" I asked, picking it up. Robby laughed, "What is that?"

"Ah, right. I was playing with it in the bathroom. This is what a camera looks like now in my days. I meant to show you a while ago, but it kept slipping my mind."

I handed it to him to look at and he looked at it with amazement... He continued, "It's... Small. How does a picture flash with that?"

"Yeah... I wouldn't ask me about how cameras developed. You know I'm not a history person."

He slightly laughed and I looked in the hallway to make sure no one was there. I turned on my camera and smiled, "Let's see if this works."

I held the camera to his face and it was actually capturing his face. I imagined that if I put the camera lens to his face, only his clothes would appear or something. But this was actually working, how cool.

He made a very puzzled face so I demanded, "Smile, please?"

He gave me an extremely small grin, so I just took the picture, laughing. "All done."

"Where is the flash?"

"Oh. Flash is optional. But the picture is so much better without the flash... Trust me." I went to stand next to him, showing him the picture of himself and he reflected himself foward towards the camera very quickly.

"Bloody hell. No development?"

I nodded quickly, "In my time... I'd say to get it developed... One picture takes... Twenty seconds?"

"Seconds? You mean as in... You count to twenty."

"Yes?"

"You count to twenty and you receive the development of that picture, in your small, little camera?"

It was very funny how I am a person from the future talking about the latest technology with the dude from the early 1900s.

Yeah, it wasn't going that well.

I handed him the camera and taught him how to take a picture. I stood facing him posing for the camera with a peace sign and he took the picture very slowly... Because I could hear the clicking sound when a picuture has been taken.

I quickly went over to check the picture and it was extremely blurry, because he moved to fast. I glared at him and hit his arm, "I wanted to get a decent picture of me wearing this ancient dress. You are so not a professional."

As I was looking through the pictures, I could feel that he was looking down at me so when I looked up, our noses touched and our eyes met.

He started whispering, "Madison... I think I..."

We got interupted by a cough from behind us and we quickly separated from each other. When I turned around, it was Duke Richard -- He didn't look angry, he just looked very... Sad.

Something I had never seen in him before.

"What do you want, Richard?" Robby asked. Richard replied, "You have a visitor."

"Who is it?"

"Come see for yourself."

Duke Richard then walked away and disappeared into the other side of the hallway. Robby handed the camera back to and just smiled. I sighed, "Can you keep it? It keeps falling out of my pockets and you seem to have plenty."

He nodded and quickly placed it in his front pockets of his pants... "Safe..."

"... And sound."

He rubbed the top of my head a bit and then walked off into the other hallway. I smirked to myself and then walked in the same direction as him, but turned another way... bumping into Duke Richard.

I gasped a bit.

"Holy crap, you scared me."

He bent down very close to me and whispered, "Miss Madison -- What century are you from?"

My eyes widened at him and I tried walking away. He grabbed my wrists and held me back, "The other night, I saw you... Using a strange objection that was lighted up during the night. It was a very bright and white light."

Oh my god.

That person was him?

He was watching me that night?

"And now you have an odd, small camera? I don't understand." He continued.

I had nothing to say.

I was a bit shocked that he knew that I was from a different century than him, but i was afraid he would do something to me.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Miss Madison. I just want to know where you are from... And why you are here."

"Really? You're not going to hurt me? You're pretty much number one on my list of who would actually come close to hurting me first here."

"I would never." Duke Richard whispered. "I want you to understand that I am warning you with good will that Uncle Edward is a very dangerous person. I said before, he could chop you into pieces without getting noticed."

"Has he done it before?"

"If you mean to one of his mistresses, then yes... He has."

My eyes widened again and I was completely shocked.

King Edward has killed one of mistresses.

Oh my god.

"Who sent you here?"

I tried getting out of his hold but he kept holding my arms tighter. He repeated, "Please... Miss Madison, tell me who sent you here. I can help you."

I looked at Duke Richard with all expressions in my face.

Confusion, shock, puzzled, scared, frightened, disgusted... Basically everything.

What the hell would he want to help with?

He was part of all of this.

I couldn't tell if he was lying or if he was actually telling the truth.

I stayed quiet, wandering my eyes around with Duke Richard still holding on to my wrists.

All of a sudden, I heard a woman's scream from the room pretty far away. Duke Richard and I looked at each other with a worried face, but he finally let go of my wrist.

We both walked through the hallways as the sound of the scream was getting closer but I still couldn't find where it is.

"It's coming from the bedroom." Duke Richard stated.

We looked at the bedroom door when I heard screaming and I heard a little bit of Robby's voice.I became a little scared because the door wasn't even closed fully.

Duke Richard broke into the room first standing there and the image I just saw was so not real right now.

Why the hell was Robby on top of Charlotte, in a bed?

A few servants came from behind us to see what was going on and their faces were all of shock.

She continued screaming, "Robert! Get off of me!"

Tears literally came falling from my eyes. Duke Richard asked puzzled, "What the..." He turned to look at me and his eyes grew pretty big at me. He looked at me with a worried face and I just turned away.

"Charlotte. Let go of me." I heard Robby say. Charlotte pushed Robby off and Robby immediately sat up. He exclaimed, "What is wrong with you?!"

Robby walked towards our direction and when he looked up, he completely stopped and was totally frozen.

"Maddy!"

Right after he called my name... That sound came back in my head.

The doorway calling.

A smile came right to my face and I looked at Duke Richard, "I have to go."

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

I guess he kind of understood what I said. But before I left, I took a look at Robby and ran back upstairs to get my backpack from my room.

When I gathered my stuff together, I turned around bumping into Robby very hardly.

"Robby."

He breathed heavily, "What you just saw... It's not what you think. It just happened unexpectedly... Charlotte just..."

"I have to go." I said, a little furious. "Explain when I come back."

"What?"

"I have to go." I walked passed him and he grabbed my wrist very hard and shook his head, "No. This must be cleared. You can't go."

"Robby, if I don't go... It is torturing. Please, let me go."

He only held onto my wrists harder and I tried letting go, but he wouldn't let go. The sharp sound was getting extremely loud right now and it started to hurt my head a bit. I closed my eyes as a sharp pain came right through my head and I put one of my hands against my forehead, "Ow."

"We must get the correct understanding of this. Madison, you can't go."

I didn't say anything and looked at him furiously, because he wasn't letting go easily. I closed my eyes and raised the grasp of his hands up to my mouth and placed my mouth on his hands, biting it as hardly as I could.

He slightly groaned and then I took a run for it.

I had the biggest headache right now.

I quickly ran downstairs, bumping into Charlotte... who was giving me the nastiest look right now. I only glared at her but I didn't care right now because my head was going insane.

"Maddy!" I heard Robby calling from behind me, but I quickly ran to the door of the downstairs library. When I reached for the doorknob, I saw Charlotte grabbing Robby and glaring at him. Robby let go of her and continued coming after me, so I ran downstairs towards the wall.

I saw in shining extremely brightly but my head hurt so, so much right now.

Walk, Spencer, walk.

I walked slowly towards the shining door when I felt someone grab my wrists.

Ugh.

I turned around and it was Robby. I breathed heavily, "Robby. Please let me go. You can explain next time I'm here... Please, let me go. I beg you, this is killing me."

Tears were falling down from my eyes because I couldn't control the pain. Robby had a worried face on him but he still wouldn't let go.

When a sharp buzzing noise bursted right into my head, I began screaming in pain. And Robby still wouldn't let go.

"Madison."

"I believe you, okay? I will trust you. Just please... Let go!"

Still not listening.

"Madison -- The journal's almost ending. It's almost ending."

I continued screaming in pain and tried walking towards the wall myself but Robby just continued holding on to me.

He was too strong for me -- I could barely even walk with him holding onto my wrist.

Excessive tears were falling down from my eyes and I really couldn't control them.

Then Duke Richard's voice came, exclaiming, "Robert! Why are you hurting her?" Duke Richard pushed him and I almost fell backwards, but he put his arms around my shoulders. Robby shook his head, "She can't go."

I couldn't really make out his face right now because everything was a blur.

"You sound like she's not gonna come back."

I tugged onto Duke Richard's shirt and managed to say, "Wall... Take me to the wall... Please... I can barely walk..."

"What wall?"

I pointed to the wall that was shining very brightly for me so Duke Richard walked me right in front of the wall and I demanded, "Let go... Let go."

When he let go, I immediately fell and he exclaimed, "Madison!"

Crying, I smiled, "I'm fine. But do me one favor."

"What?"

"I know you know where Robby keeps his diary. Hide it... For at least thirty days... Please."

He gave me a confused look but I repeated, "Please. Just do it."

"Alright, I'll do it."

I mouthed, "Thank you." and pushed him away. Sitting down, I put my hands on the wall and was immediately flipped back...

Back to my own basement.

I leaned against my own basement wall, relieved that the head ache was gone.I sighed very loudly to myself, closing my eyes.

I wiped the tears that were left from my eyes and hit my head against the wall.

What excuse could Robby have, that he was on top of Charlotte... in a bed?

This was so torturing.

But Duke Richard.

Duke Richard was odd.

Suddenly, he was playing the good person role now and I had no idea why.

If Duke Richard was turning into a good person... Then why would we have killed him?