Two Worlds

The Diary

"How is it possible that Spencer could have killed a Duke... Especially with Duke Robert. That just sounds impossible." Scott said as we were all sitting on the couch in the living room, trying to find out about Robby and I killing Duke Richard.

"Shh!" I hissed. "Sammy's still sleeping, here."

"He's worn out from his soccer game, don't worry about it." Dad replied.

I rubbed his forehead a little and smirked, "I missed his big soccer game."

I began to frown a little, then Scott reached over to tap my shoulders, "Hey sis. It's no problem. He's gonna have other big tournaments. He's not mad at you... on the bright side."

"I wish there was some way that I could choose when to go. But it's all up to Robby whenever I go."

"Speaking of Duke Robby, here." Scott started. "Is he taking good care of my sister?"

"Of course." I replied with a grin.

"And you say that with a happy dappy face, why?" Dad asked.

I scratched my head and sighed, "Well... He's just very... Good to me."

I looked down at Sam, who was laying on my lap and I was being an extremely sketchy sister by playing with his hair... But I really did miss him after not seeing him for over two weeks.

Dad crossed his arms and continued, "Seeming that I can't go back there with you and play a worried Dad's role... Just make sure he doesn't break my daughter's heart."

Scott sighed, "So... This house is the house where King Edward tortured his mistresses."

"I'm 95 percent positive that it is." I replied. "But I still haven't gotten there yet."

"So you have to get to this house, to understand what exactly they need help with."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "Weird, huh? They couldn't just come into my dreams and tell me -- They had to take me back into time to say it."

Scott crossed his arms, smiling at me. I threw a piece of dust on the floor and complained, "And made me meet the most incredible guy ever."

"You know. Up until now I never believed in destined to be together or soulmates. I thought it was just a pile of fantasy phrases that girls enjoyed having when they wrote poems or their love stories or something. But now seeing you, and how you're feeling for Duke Robert -- I'm starting to change my mind."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. He chuckled while coming towards me to tap my shoulders, "You and Duke Robby could be soul mates that are destined for each other."

"That can't be possible. He's from 1902 and I'm from 2011. Two different people like that living in two worlds, can't possibly end up being soul mates."

He sighed loudly, shaking his head. "Take it this, sis. Soul mates who are destined to be together, means that they're destined for each other."

"Dude. You're making this very complicated."

He smiled a little and I pointed at him, "Scott, are you gay?"

He hit my head very hard and I complained, "Ow. That hurt."

"Okay. Another way to phrase it -- It doesn't matter where two people come from. If they're soul mates, they're meant for each other. Which means..." He bent down very closely to me, continuing, "Soul mates always have a way of finding each other, no matter what."

With that, he walked out of the door and shut it. I sat there sighing to myself, "How are we gonna get around to finding each other in this century?"

-->

"Whoa. You got some intense 1902 drama in store for you, girl." Amanda joked as we were walking into history class.

"I'm not super worried about Charlotte right now. Well, I slightly am because Robby was on top of her on a bed... But other than that, Duke Richard went from a sick, mean, terrible bastard to an actual human being. Is that possible?"

"Duke Richard, heh? From what you've been telling me, it seems possible because he is terribly in love with you. By that, I see from what happens when Riley is possessed by his spirit and such."

"If he becomes a good person, then why would Robby and I want to kill him?"

"Misunderstanding, perhaps?" She asked puzzled.

"By misunderstand..." I looked up at her and saw her face. She started understanding what I was saying and she pointed at me, "It could've been an accident. And Duke Richard misunderstood the entire situation, so he's been following you for over decades."

"So if I go back and change what happened, maybe that will settle it. Prevent him from being killed."

Amanda smiled, but I frowned, leaning back into my chair. I continued, "But how will I know when? He said that Robby and I pushed him in front of a moving carriage and a moving car. That could seriously be anytime."

"You wanna risk talking to Duke Richard's spirit again? I'm afraid you might get pregnant in two months if you do."

I hit her on the arm softly and rested my chin against my hand. I groaned and closed my eyes, "Why must this be so complicated? I've been doing this for months now and I've still got nothing."

She reached out to tap my shoulders and smiled, "Hey. Relax. You'll get there, girl."

Ms. Henderson, my history teacher, came through the door and immediately called my name. "Madison. Can you please come up to my desk?"

I looked at Amanda once and then stood up to walk towards her. I smiled, "Hi, Miss Henderson."

"You look much better after being sick for over two weeks."

I gulped once and sighed, "I had to have a week for recovery."

She frowned at me with a little disappointment and sighed, "I made a folder of all the assignments and homework that you missed. All the copies of the handouts in class and you can get the notes from Amanda. There should be at least twenty pages worth of notes; You've missed quite a bit."

"I know. I'm really sorry... I was really sick."

Before I walked back to my desk, she stopped me again by calling my name. Miss Henderson continued, "Even though you missed an excessive amount of classes... University of Cambridge still wants you... Very badly."

I turned around to look at her, widening my eyes. "Excuse me?"

She stood up, replying, "During the 12 to 13 classes that you missed while you were sick, at least five representatives from the University have come to see you. I thought they were going to give up after the last representative but, they said that they're still sending representatives to come see you and get you to apply."

She began smiling and sat back back down in her chair. I turned around back to Amanda, trying to control my smile... But I let out a little shriek at her and she just laughed. I heard Miss Henderson let out a little laugh from behind me but I just went to go sit back down on my chair.

The only thing I could think of was going to tell Robby when I get back.

That is...

If he even cares at all.

-->

During study by myself, I had realized that I didn't have two things with me.

My camera.

And Robby's diary.

My camera -- I remember I left it back in the palace with Robby and totally forgot to get it back from him.

And Robby's diary... Fell down on the floor.

Crap, where did it go?

I groaned to myself very loudly when I felt a pair of hands tap my shoulders. I slightly jumped, seeing Riley as he sat down across from me at the round table. I sighed loudly, "Riley."

"What's wrong with you, mate? Your face looks like a baby who can't find her mother."

"If I had a mother..." I said sarcastically. He smirked and reached out to tap my arms. He continued, "Say... Did you happen to jot down those due dates for our projects in Literature class. I had an urgent feeling to go to the bathroom during that time."

I slightly chuckled and replied, "Yeah. Let me just grab them."

I accidentally dropped my pencil, seeing Riley's backpack set under the table near his legs. After picking up my pencil, I came back up, grabbing out the paper I wrote the due dates for the project on.

I handed him the paper. He smiled, "Ah... Thank you, your highness."

I looked at him while he said that, thinking about Duke Richard when he calls me Miss Madison.

Ugh, I really wanted to know how the heck I could come close to killing him.

Just then he dropped his pencil on the floor and it came rolling closely to me, so I bent down to pick it up. In that split second, I noticed a familiar decoration that was in Riley's backpack, so I slowly squinted my eyes seeing that it was the same exact decoration of Robby's diary.

Holy crap.

Riley had Robby's diary.

Crap, this is not good.

I squinted my eyes more, making sure that it was the same decoration and it had to be. I could recognize that decoration within a split second of seeing it.

I quickly sat back up, smiling at him, handing him his pencil back to him.

"Do you have some notes I could copy from last two weeks ago? I need em' really badly." I started.

"Um yes. They're quite a lot though -- You should go make some copies. Your hands actually might cringe from copying them down."

I held out my hand, replying, "Sure. I'll go copy them now."

He crumpled his paper back to him and smiled, "Nah. I'll be a gentleman. I'll go make the copies for you."

Yes...

Right according to my plan.

He quickly stood up, leaving his backpack on the floor and then walked out of the study cafeteria. I lurked over my seat, seeing if he was completely gone and he was. I looked around the cafeteria and everyone seemed to have their heads down from reading, or doing their homework so I slowly reached out to Riley's backpack, trying to grab Robby's diary.

I grabbed the straps of his backpack, slowly sliding his backpack towards my direction and tried to grab the diary with my left hand.

But my arms were not that long. So this was quite painful.

"Come on, diary... Come to mama..." I joked to myself.

Just then, I heard Riley's voice and jumped back to my seat... Pretending that I had dropped a piece of paper on the floor.

I looked to my right where Riley was and smiled. He sighed, "Boy, are we just dropping too many things today."

"It's a drop... Ping... Day...?" I stuttered stupidly.

He sat down across from me and pouted, "Don't know why. The copy machine seems to be busted up."

I only looked at him a little scared and he smiled at me, "I'll copy some at home and bring it to you tomorrow, sound good?"

"Umm... Oh... Yeah... Sure." I stuttered. He bent down to grab his backpack placing all the notes back in there and zippered it up completely. I groaned very quietly to myself and sighed out loud.

Riley just smiled at me, bending down to do his homework.

Okay, I really have to get that from you somehow.

-->

Back at home, I was looking onto applying for the University of Cambridge. Five representatives have come to see me and Amanda said that was a guaranteed 'in' if that ever happened to anyone.

It could be a good opportunity for me.

It really could.

I looked down at the ancient pocket watch Robby had given me and just shook it around as I was looking at my computer screen.

"Hey fellow Cambridge student." Scott's voice came from behind me as he tapped my shoulders. I jumped a little and then rested my hands against my chin. I replied, "Hey Scott."

He sat on the chair next to the computer screen, looking straight at me. "Why do you seem 50-50 about this?" He asked.

I gulped once and slightly smiled, "I'm not 50-50. I'm just making sure they have a medical nursing program."

He grabbed the pocket watch that I was playing with and sighed, "Is this Duke Robby's?"

"His mom's." I replied, as I grabbed it back. "She gave it to him when she was on his deathbed. Just like when Mom gave me her watch as she was dying."

"I take it he has your watch."

I nodded my head and smirked at him, "Yeah. We did a little trading."

"He's lucky."

"Why?"

"If he was living in this century, I would have to slap him down and teach him what to do and what no to do with my sister. Duh."

My eyes widened at him and I pushed his forehead. I grabbed Robby's pocket watch again and sighed, "No. I can guarantee he's very, very, very good. And plus, it's the century where they don't touch each other unless they're married."

"Oosh. I wouldn't wanna live there."

I shook my head, chuckling and began to print my application from the monitor. As I was waiting for my printed paper, Scott continued, "So... speaking of me not being able to live there." I looked up at him, as he sighed, "Will you be able to live there?"

"I thought we had this discussion."

He began tearing up a little and I was getting a little scared. He gulped once, twice, three times... until he finally said, "You get more and more attached every time. And by the time, this diary ends, you're not gonna come back to this century the same way as you first went back there."

He began crying silently, so it made me cry with him. I grabbed his hands and smiled, "I thought we promised that we weren't gonna cry in front of each other ever since Mom died."

He held his tears back in, lifting his head up and sighing very loudly. He squeezed my hands tightly and hugged me. I hugged him back as tears were falling from my eyes and on his shirt.

Honestly.

I've wanted to cry like this very badly ever since the day I knew I was in love with Robby.

-->

That night, Scott and I were watching television and taking pictures on my front camera on my iPhone when we heard the front door. Sam entered very slowly through the door, keeping his head down and holding a bag in his hands.

"Hey kiddo." Scott and I said in unison. Sam stayed very quiet, still bending his head down and walked away from us. Scott and I looked at each other very confused and I stood up, going in front of Sam.

"Hey, bro. What's up? Why do you look down?" I asked.

He bent his head down further so I got down on my knees, and our eyes met at the same level. I forced his chin up and saw that he had two huge black eyes. My eyes widened and I grabbed his face with both of my hands, "Oh my god, Sam. What the hell happened to you?"

As he looked up more, his entire face was red and Scott quickly got up from the couch to come up in front of Sam. Sam gulped loudly once and handed the plastic bag that he had in his hands to me.

I was a little confused on why he was giving it to me, but he frowned. "During our soccer game, I saw that diary that you always had with you in Riley's backpack. And you said it was missing, so I wanted to get it back to you."

"Riley..."

He nodded, "Riley's backpack was open, so I grabbed it. When he saw me, he did this to me."

Tears ran down my face.

Are you kidding me?

"You're kidding, right? Why'd you do that? That's really dangerous."

"I've been hearing you complaining so I wanted to do it for you."

I sighed loudly. "And did you get it?"

"One person pulled him off, so I was able to get it."

"That bastard..." Scott scowled. He began walking towards the front door and I grabbed him by the belt on his pants. I said, furiously, "No... Stay."

"You're not gonna let that stupid spirit do this to our brother for free, are you? He's gotta pay back."

I stood up, sighing very loudly to myself. "Oh, he's paying back. But I'm doing it."

I bent down to kiss Sam on the cheek and grabbed the plastic bag that had Robby's diary in it and walked out of the front door. After a few minutes, Scott ran up to me, standing in front of me. "Spencer. No. You can't go. You're gonna get hurt if that spirit comes out again. Just leave it to me."

"You're not gonna do anything!" I exclaimed. "Duke Richard messed up Sam's face because of what? Because Sam tried to get back Robby's diary... for me! This is my deal. I'm settling this. Go home and take care of Sam for me."

I sprinted down the road, out of the village when I heard Scott yell, "Be careful, Spence!"

After five minutes or so, I arrived at the soccer field at school and saw Riley talking with his friends. I formed my hands into fist because I was so pissed off. When I thought Duke Richard was becoming a good person, in the end, he is still the same bastard he is.

I walked up to the group and he saw me, and began smiling, He waved at me, "Maddy! Hey!"

He left his group of friends and ran up to me, grabbing my shoulders. "Hey! Where'd your little brother go? He left right after the game... Actually, I don't recall what quite happened but next thing I know he's gone." I sighed loudly because that sentence just made me more pissed off, but I couldn't hold my anger anymore. I lifted up my fist and punched Riley very hard in the face.

He fell to the ground, with his nose immediately turning a red color. Everyone looked at our direction so I just said softly, "Duke Richard. Get up."

He had a very puzzled face and stood up slowly, opening his mouth to straighten it. "Madison. Why on bloody hell did you just punch me?"

Ugh, why wasn't he Duke Richard yet?

"Duke Richard."

He gave me another puzzled look so I pulled him back behind the bleachers where no one could catch up with us. I grabbed his wrist and held Robby's pocket watch with my other hand, exclaiming, "I am in love with Duke Robert, who happens to be your brother!"

Just then his eyes changed moods and it became furious in a split second. He said angrily, "You still have those feelings over all these years?"

Yes. That heavy British accent came back.

Duke Richard came back.

"Why the HELL did you punch my brother?"

"Your brother was being disturbing to me."

"That does not mean you have to punch him, he is just a little kid! He knows nothing!"

"Well, that's just too bad. Your brother wanted to take something that belonged to me, I can't help it. I don't enjoy anyone taking my belongings."

"You stole that journal from me. My brother loves me enough to get it back for. And that journal is your brother's, it's not yours."

"Where is that diary? I demand it back."

"Listen, Duke Richard. You stealing your brother's diary from me isn't going to solve anything. In any way, I'm gonna know what you and your bloody Uncle did to all those innocent servants." I went very closely to him and panted, "Just because you beat up my kid brother, doesn't mean that it's gonna stop me from helping Elizabeth."

His eyes widened at me and he came closer to me. I got out my electric shocker out of my back pocket, pointing it at his face. "Try coming closer."

I walked away from him, stopping halfway. When I turned around, he was still standing there so I went back up to him, grabbed his shoulders and kicked him in his crotch.

He groaned and lost his breath a little, and I only smirked. "You can try to rape me. You can argue and fight with your brother all you want. But anyone who comes near my two brothers and my dad, are not getting out easily... Remember that, Duke Richard."

I finally walked away from him with so much anger and thinking about Sam's face.

If I ever thought Duke Richard was becoming a decent person, I was completely wrong.

--


Three weeks later, I had sent my application in to the University of Cambridge and the only thing I was waiting for was a confirmation for my interview.

Three weeks later, I still hadn't gone back to the palace.

Three weeks later, that means that Duke Richard must've hid Robby's diary in a safe place.

The only question is, will Duke Richard even return it? I shouldn't have trusted him. Why am I such an idiot?

Is there any way I can apologize to Robby through here?

I was laying, flat on my stomach, on my bed with Amanda searching through my closet (as usual). I was staring at Robby's picture that had been in the diary and admired it completely because I had missed it so much.

I read all the journal entries over and over again. All the ones from the beginning, the ones that I missed to read and noticed there were only... No...

I'm not even gonna say.

There was a very small amount of blank pages left and I didn't wanna count to the end.

"Ooh, loving this. Can I borrow this for today?" Amanda asked as she took out my blue jean romper out of my closet. I nodded my head, waving my hand. She clapped her hands and then came to sit next to my face on the bed.

She sighed, "I wish I could see a picture of Duke Robby that wasn't so rigid and old... And in sepia."

"I took a picture of him on my camera, but it's back there. I asked him to keep it for me cause I didn't have any pockets."

"You took a picture on your digital camera? Did he fringe at all at the sight of the very small camera?"

"You should've seen his face. He was like... Where's the flash?! It was absolutely adorable."

"Oh my god." She exclaimed, while laying her entire body on my bed, "He sounds so perfect. Handsome, polite, a gentleman, sincere... And he's so crazy about you. I can't imagine a man like that in this century nowadays. Now they're all slobs -- Or gay."

I only smiled as she continued, "I wish I could meet him."

She stood up again, raging my closet and I smiled to myself, "Maybe you can one day."

"Hmm! Madison... You think we could go to that store up in Manchester again? The woman who did my amazing dress with the name of Aidan. I would really love to get a cute summer dress."

A lightbulb had suddenly turned on in my head and my eyes widened. "Amanda. I love you, you're amazing."

"Because I want to get a summer dress?"

I pointed at her, standing up, "Miss Teresa. Aidan's mom who has alzheimers. Aidan said that when she's having a good day, her memories can come back. Maybe she can tell me about Duke Richard and Duke Robby."

"How would you know if she even knows him? She might just know about Duke Robert as a historial person."

"When she saw me, she called Miss Madison. And trust me, I've been there multiple times and before she called me Miss Madison -- She called me very random names. There was Maria... Nana... Marsha... Marquette... Shoot, there was even a Gillian!"

I continued ragining, "But that day... That particular day... She called me Miss Madison. And when she saw Robby's picture, she said Duke Robert."

"You really think you're going to get something out of a woman who has alzheimer's disease?"

"What have I got to lose?"

--


That Saturday, Amanda and I drove to Manchester to go to Aiden's clothing store to (1) Make a summer dress for Amanda and (2) Get some type of answer out of Miss Teresa.

There's gotta be a way that she can remember.

If she can call me Miss Madison once, know who Duke Robert is by a picture once, I'm sure she can do it once more.

When I arrived to the store, the bell that was hanging on the top rang and Aiden immediately came out. She waved at me, looking extremely happy, "Spencer! How are you, darling?"

"I'm good, thank you. How are you?"

"Wonderful after seeing my favorite customer."

I searched through my bag and got out a wrap of fabric for her. I handed it to her, "Found this for you. You said you wanted a plaid-ish black and white fabric so I found it -- In case you wanted to make it a purse for me."

She squinted her eyes a bit at me, knowing that I was joking. She sighed, "You know. You can give me the fabric you want and I can make anything for you basically." I shrugged, "Nah. It's fine. I don't wanna be a burden."

She reached out from the counter to tap my shoulders and continued, "What can I do for you today?"

"Well, Amanda here wanted a brand new summer dress. Think you can help me out?"

She waved at Amanda once and Amanda just stood there smiling, very excitedly. Aiden replied, "No problem. I just hired a new girl, she is absolutely amazing. I'll take Amanda to see her."

I nodded and Amanda was ready to go upstairs. Aiden turned back to ask me, "Hey, Spence."

"Hmm?"

"You don't want anything today?"

I sighed, "Umm, I might wanna get a new wallet. I'll see though."

She smiled back at me, nodding, then led Amanda back up the stairs. I tiptoed up to see if I can look through the small circular window to check if Miss Teresa had been in there at all. Just then the door open and I quickly sat down on the chair. When she came out at the counter, she saw me and smiled very widely at me.

I waved at her, smiling and she started, "Hello... Mary."

I tried to control my smile while replying, "Hi Miss Teresa."

She seemed very happy today, so I stood up, taking Duke Robby's picture out and his diary.

"Miss Teresa." I began. She looked up, smiling widely, so I continued. "Umm. I have a history test coming up, and I was wondering if you knew anything about the 1900s."

"Oh, Mariah dear. I lived through the 1900s. I will be turning 120 soon."

120?

Holy crap.

"One hundred... And twenty?" I said with a little shock. She only smiled at me and I continued, "So... Where did you grow up?"

"Oh. I had a hard life, Miss Madison."

My eyes widened at her, "What did you just call me?"

She studied my face for a while, just smiling at me. "Yes... You do look like her. I can't believe it. Over fifty years has passed by and you look exactly like her."

"Look exactly like who?"

"Miss Madison."

My eyes grew big again and I grabbed her hands, "How do you know Miss Madison?"

She began thinking again and I slightly groaned in my head. I just continued looking at her when she smiled again, "Ah yes. She was very close with..."

With...

With...

With who?!

"With?" I asked.

She frowned again and I immediately knew that she forgot what she was going to say. I took out Robby's picture and placed it on the counter in front of him, "Do you know him?" She picked up the picture, studied it for about two minutes and sighed loudly.

She placed the picture back down then grinned again. "Duke Robert."

Holy crap.

She just said.

"Did you just say Duke Robert?"

"Yes..."

She sighed again, making me very hasty. She continued, "Duke Robert and Miss Madison were the best of friends. They were always together. You would think they were a couple - but during that time, it was impossible to do that."

"How'd you know them?"

She thought a little but quavered, "I served them... During my time in the palace."

Miss Teresa.

Served me in the palace?

Miss Teresa?

Wow.

She lived through all these years.

I questioned, "Did you know Duke Robert's brother? Duke Richard?" Her eyes became petrified and she placed her hands on her chest, sitting down. I sprinted behind the counter, placing a hand on her back. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, darling."

I kept my hands on her shoulders and she continued, "Duke Richard was a mad man. I despised his face every time I saw it."

"What did he do?"

She started crying.

Oh my god, what the hell did Duke Richard do to her?

"I was just a child. He threw me to those bastards to hurt me."

"Who hurt you?"

"He threw me to a group of mad drunk men. They all hurt me. I was just a child." She began crying again and rested her head against my stomach. I wanted to tear up with her but I kept quiet.

She stood up straight again and smiled, "I'm glad that he died a torturing death. He deserved it."

Whoa...

I just got an answer.

I bent down to look at her, "How did he die?"

~Duke Robert~

The bedroom was a complete chaotic image at the moment. I had been searching everywhere for my messages for Madison and it was not anywhere to be at sight.

I had demanded the servants to go and search for it, but they had no luck in finding it as well.

Where on heavens earth is it?

I have not seen Maddy for over twenty two days and I was slowly dying on the inside. I wondered how she was doing, if she was safe from her friends and her brother -- I wondered everything about her.

I had missed her terribly.

"Looking for your journal, lovely old brother?" I heard Richard's voice as I turned around. I ignored his statement, turning back around to search for the journal again. He continued to speak, "Can you wait seven more days brother?"

"Why do I have to wait seven more days?" I wondered. I then grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close to me, "You know where it is."

He pulled out a slanted smile at me, chuckling a bit. "It was your girl's request... To hide the journal for the amount of thirty days."

"Give it to me now, Richard!"

"No." He shrugged. "You're not the only one who needs to show your affection towards Madison. I can show my affection towards her too."

Richard pulled my hands off and walked away.

I breathed heavily to myself.

The next time Madison comes here -- I am honestly not letting her go back.

~End~

She made another thinking face and then frowned a bit, "Duke Robert and Miss Madison were going on a departure. I saw it with my own eyes. The two men had gotten into a fight and Miss Madison had pushed him in front of a moving carriage and a moving automobile."

I let go of her, losing my balance of walking.

It was an accident.

Aiden came downstairs to see me crying and she quickly ran up to me to grab my back. "Spencer, are you okay?" She looked down at Miss Teresa and grabbed her mom's hands, "Mother. Are you ill? Why is your face so pale?"

She looked at both of us, being very puzzled.

"Duke Richard..." She started. We both looked down at her as Aiden still held onto my head, "Died a dying death. Torturing. Blood filled the streets. I clapped for Miss Madison. She was my hero."

Aiden let go of my hand and grabbed Miss Teresa's shoulders. "Mother. You need some rest." She slowly grabbed Miss Teresa's arms, then they went to the back where the door shut completely. I sat down on the nearby chair, shocked with myself.

Duke Richard has misunderstood everything after all these years.

Miss Teresa was one of Robby's servants.

Time was actually going to collide with each other very soon.

That means it was definitely almost ending.

Aiden came back out, sitting in the chair next to me. She rubbed my shoulders, "Spence. Don't listen to my mother. She says random stuff at times, it may not make sense."

Amanda came back down after two minutes of Aiden comforting me in front of the counter. Amanda gave me a thumbs up, while going to the counter. Aiden asked, "Are you okay?" I sighed once, "I should be fine."

Amanda squinted her eyes at me, grabbing my hand. "You okay?" She mouthed. I only grinned at her as she gave Aiden the money over the counter. Aiden took the money, placing it in the cash register.

"So was the new worker as good as Aiden?" I asked casually.

"Probably just 1.5% less amazing than Aiden."

Aiden and I just smiled at each other and she continued, "I'm so sorry again. My mother..."

"No... It's fine. I actually came for what I needed for."

I reached over to grab Aiden's hands and she sincerely smiled at me. I sighed loudly before leaving the store, waving at Aiden once more.

"Take care of Miss Teresa well. She's had it rough."

Aiden nodded, a little puzzled with my last sentence - Then Amanda and I walked out of the store. She grabbed my shoulders, "Hey girl. You okay?"

"If Duke Richard's spirit can't get destroyed in any way... I think there's only one way that I can do this."

"What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna have to do my best to change history."