Two Worlds

The Save

Okay no.

Duke Richard was not standing in front of me right now.

Duke Richard was not standing, waiting on the ground, in front of the stairs right now.

This couldn't be.

How did he find us?

When did he follow us?

Spencer, this is a dream.

He's not here.

I closed my eyes once, then slowly opening to still see him standing there, very straightly.

Oh god, this was real.

I heard footsteps behind me, while Robby grabbed my arms, immediately stopping when he saw Duke Richard standing there.

We both glanced at each other with very worried looks on our faces because we had no idea what to do.

One. We stayed in the same "house" the entire night and that's just illegal in this century. And then two. Duke Richard had to know that we were following King Edward.

He just had to know.

He crossed his arms, looking furious, then started chuckling. "I had an imagination that the two of you were not going to give up that easily."

"Richard," Robby started. "How on bloody hell did you know I was here?"

"Robert, brother," He replied, chuckling. "You know Father did give me this house to stay in too, correct?"

"Yes, but you've been away for the past six days. How can Father have told you if you have been out of the palace?"

Once again, he chuckled, actually coming up the stairs now and the both of us took a step backward.

"Madison, I thought I have warned you about following Uncle Edward. It is extremely dangerous."

"What do you care?" Robby asked.

I slightly grabbed Robby's wrist, then quickly letting it go to make him stop.

"Duke Richard," I said, gulping. "Your Uncle... Is not a good person. I was sent here to help the servants for a reason."

"Are you saying an angel was sent to help Elizabeth and Amelia?"

"I'm saying..." I replied. "I didn't come from an entirely different century just for the fun of it."

"Century?"

"Yes. Century. And in my century, you are a spirit that keeps following me. You think your Uncle is such a good person, but he's not."

"Uncle loves me more than Father," He replied. I got angry and then exclaimed, "No! He does not. Your Uncle is using you so he can bring all those maids to that house in Somerset. Duke Richard, he's going to kill them."

We all stayed quiet, as he began coming up closer to us. We kept taking a step backwards until we reached the edge of the door again.

"Miss Madison," He began. "Do you not think I have a heart..."

He stopped for a second and I was beginning to think he came to his senses. When he chuckled, I thought he was going mental. That laugh sounded so evil; like the ones, you'd hear in movies with bad guys in them.

This was it.

I interrupted him, "Duke Richard. I just... Your Uncle doesn't love you. I heard him say that you were an idiot and that he gets you to help torture the servants, and that finishes his job. He doesn't love you at all, he really only loves himself."

He sighed loudly once and grinned, "Well. My apologies for having to side with Uncle. But he is the closest that I have had for a Father ever since Mother died from my life."

He grabbed my wrists quickly and very forcefully, pulling me next to him, holding a knife to my neck. My entire body began shaking frantically and Robby's face turned into a worried, frightened face. Duke Richard chuckled, "Don't dare to come any closer, Robert. Or you will give me no choice but to shed her neck. I'm sure you don't want to see your beloved Miss Madison die, correct?"

"Why are you helping your Uncle so much?" I asked quietly.

"Silence!" He demanded.

Robby and I were completely trapped, not knowing what shortcut to take. Where the hell is Duke Richard going to take me?

"Richard," Robby began, calmly. "I thought you loved Miss Madison. Why do you want to hurt her?"

I blinked my eyes so quickly, I couldn't even count. My heart was beating at such a fast and hard pace, that it could fall out of my chest any moment right now.

"I do," Duke Richard replied. "And I will never stop these feelings for her. I'm not going to hurt her Robert, I am protecting her. If she goes with Uncle, she will die, along with you. I will not allow that."

He pulled me away, stepping down the stairs, then forcing me to go with him while the knife was still targeted at my neck. He pointed the knife at Robby once more while continuing on walking into the woods. As we walked for a good seven minutes, I sighed loudly, asking, "Duke Richard. Where are we going?"

He kept on walking behind me, keeping silent, with the knife so close to my neck. I feared that the knife would touch me at one point, so I tried my best, keeping my neck straight up to not come in contact with it.

Come on, Spencer. Can you think of something? Where the heck was Robby when I needed him?

The woods came to a random slope in front of us and we stopped abruptly, looking down upon this slanted hill. Duke Richard looked back to see if Robby had followed us, so I took a small glance, hoping that he did. He quickly put his knife away, demanding me, "Go down."

I clanked my teeth together as my foot started down the hill, but then stopped when I heard Robby's voice.

"Richard!" He screamed, forcefully.

Both turning around, I shifted to the other side as Robby threw a medium sized, black object at Richard's head. I took this advantage to bite him on the wrist, having him let go of me. I was able to get out of his grasp because he had fallen down on the slope, but he immediately grabbed my ankle, causing me to fall down as well. My head was face down on the dirt ground, when I realized that the black object that Robby had threw at him was my electric shocker.I quickly grabbed it, trying to aim at the hand that was holding onto my ankle, but before I knew it, he stabbed onto my ankle that he was holding onto with his knife. I screamed once, while Robby exclaimed right at the same time, "Madison!"

Duke Richard's hands were shaking right after the stab, but I was in pain and in anger, so I kicked him in the chest with my stabbed leg and he began rolling down the slope of the woods, hitting a tree halfway down. I noticed a road while I watched Duke Richard rolled down the tree, but ignored it when Robby had bent down to see if I was okay.

Robby bent down at me, quavering, "Are you okay?"

"Obviously not!" I yelled, holding onto my ankle that was covered with a bath of blood right now. He sighed loudly, getting out a piece of white, silky cloth and quickly wrapped it around my ankle tightly.

He helped me get up at a fast pace, still being careful of my pained ankle. He started, breathing heavily, "We must go now. We have to hurry to wash your wound. It will get infected."

As we began walking back towards where we came from, he held on to my hand with my duffel bag in the other hand and I held onto my electric shocker with my left hand, very tightly, fearing that Duke Richard would pop in at any moment.

After a minute or two, I felt a little woozy, falling next to the tree that was on my left. I let go of his hand, not being able to hold the pain that I felt right now. I was breathing heavily, like I was losing my breath and I was sweating like I was playing a sport, or something. I leaned my back against the tree, which is when I saw Duke Richard coming up behind Robby with his knife.

I stuttered, quavered and screamed, "Robby!! Behind you!!"

Duke Richard came at Robby, trying to stab him, but Robby moved quickly to his right, causing Duke Richard to aim at nothing. Robby grabbed his wrist with the knife, punching his stomach, causing him to drop the knife.

Oh god, no weapons.

This was officially a man to man fight now.

They began fighting intensely, while they took turns punching and choking each other.

I had no idea how to barge in, in this fight because my ankle was in pain and I could die if I got in between them.

We came across the slope again, when Robby took his right leg, swept it to the left, which tripped Duke Richard and he fell backwards.

But of course, Duke Richard wouldn't fall again by himself. He dragged Robby down with him, both rolling down the hill.

They stopped at the road that I had disregarded earlier, still on top of each other, punching blood out of each other. I ran down the hill, trying to make it as painless as possible, but it was not working out with all the sticks and rocks that were lying on the ground. I stopped three quarters of the way, searching through my bag for something that would help Robby.

Electric shocker - Not gonna work.

Gun - Too violent.

Then I pulled out the pepper spray and looked at the two of them, who continued to fight.

I walked the rest of the way down onto where they were fighting, which was the sidelines of the road. Duke Richard was on top of Robby, trying to choke him, which was my cue to go in. I shut my left eye, spraying Duke Richard's face with my pepper spray, in which he began screaming in agony

Robby immediately kicked him off, while he fell onto a little bit of the road. He stood up, probably blinded by the spray at this moment, while Robby and I pushed him onto the middle of the road very quickly.

I felt a little pity for him, seeing that he was blinded, but he did stab my leg.

I shouldn't have felt this guilt right now.

Robby grabbed my hand again, nodding at me and we began to walk back up the woods once more.

I had noticed a little girl standing across the road, watching our entire fight and she just stood there.

Duke Richard was still in the middle of the road with the little girl watching him, so I shook my head, trying to disregard what just happened.

Suddenly, we heard a chaotic sound coming from a close distant within us, when I turned around seeing an extremely fast moving horse that seemed like it was going insane and a familiar looking car.

After a few seconds, I realized that was the car that I had come in with. Because Thomas was the one who was driving.

And it was getting out of control.

"That's the mental horse that I saw earlier," Robby said quietly.

Oh god.

It just clicked.

"You and that bloody brother of mine, killed me. Killed every part of my body. Killed my soul and killed my heart. That is the day that I am never going to forget. The day that the woman that I loved the most and my bloody brother, pushed me in front of a moving carriage and a moving automobile."

"Duke Robert and Miss Madison were going on a departure. I saw it with my own eyes. The two men had gotten into a fight and Miss Madison had pushed him in front of a moving carriage and a moving automobile."

This was it.

The place that Robby and I had killed Duke Richard.

Robby and him got into a fight. We both pushed him into front of the moving car and horse, and he had no where to go.

Oh god, I had to save him.

I let go of Robby's hands, quickly going back to where Duke Richard was because the horse and the car was coming closer and closer.

I began hearing Thomas yelling, "Ole! Boy! Get out of the way! Are you mad?!"

I glanced back at Duke Richard, who finally stood up, still probably blurred with his vision and I quickly ran for him.

"Maddy! What are you doing?!" Robby exclaimed, as he held onto my wrist.

I pushed his hand off my wrist forcefully, then sprinted off to Duke Richard.

I stood on the sidelines thinking of what to do. Both of the fast moving car and horse were coming at him so quickly and unable to control anything. The car had problems with its brakes and Robby had encountered a mental, sick horse on his way.

I breathed heavily, but I had to do it.

This was the matter between life or death.

My life had all depended on whether or not God had wanted me.

"BOY! GET OUT OF THE WAY! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" I heard yelling.

It was about to run over him and I had pictured the image of the two running over him completely.

I imagined it being a blood bath.

Him saying his last words that he was going to follow me forever and ever on.

No, there was no more time to think.

Spencer, you have to save him.

Then I ran for it.

I sprinted towards him, still having a stabbing pain in my ankle, able to hear the automobile's problems and horse crying with his mental problems.

He was standing there, blinded, completely wobbling his body, where the yelling got louder and louder. The yelling changed to, "GIRL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

I pushed Duke Richard off the track, onto the sidelines of the other side of the road, with me landing on top of him. I glanced at the crazy carriage and the broken automobile that went completely passed us, still not being to stop.

Duke Richard laid completely still and I looked upon the girl who had been watching us the entire time.

She frowned at me, while two guys were holding her.

Miss Teresa was the only thought that came to my mind.

She wanted this death to happen.

"Why didn't you let him die?" She asked, furiously.

One large, tough looking guy took her away and she just stared at the two of us, as she was getting taken away and put into a random car, driving off.

I watched her as she got in, thinking about Miss Teresa the entire time.

That had to be her.

Oh god, I should've saved her too.

She got raped at this age. She got tortured at this age.

But if I had saved her, I wouldn't be able to save Duke Richard as well.

Why does doing one thing mean sacrificing the other thing?

I was still on top of Duke Richard as he held onto my waist. I looked at his swollen eyes, as I tried wiping some of the spray off of him. He flickered his eyes a few times, still crying a little, because i could see some tears falling from his eyes.

As he flickered them opened, we met eyes, while I blinked a variety of times.

"Duke Richard," I started. "Are you alright?"

He looked at me, with those extremely red, swollen eyes, in shock, pain and misery.

May I add confusion.

He stayed quiet, as his hands were still on my waist, while he slowly began getting up. I got off of him, sitting criss crossed on the opposite side. I held his hand while he began to sit up and then he fully opened his eyes at me.

The veins in his eyes were so dark, I thought they were gonna pop out.

I saw him gulp hardly before speaking.

"You just saved me." He started.

I held tightly on to his hand, as Robby came to the other side of the road. He tugged onto my shoulders, asking, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I replied, having my eyes straight on Duke Richard. "Are you okay, Duke Richard?"

"I thought I was going to die."

"You would've," I sighed. "If I didn't push you out of the way."

"Why did you save me, Madison?"

"Because I couldn't let you die. Especially if I was gonna be the cause of it."

"But..." He stuttered. "I stabbed you."

I shrugged, "Doesn't matter. I still can't let you die."

"Are you a psychic? Did you see this happening from where you came from?"

I sighed, smiling a little. "No, but I was able to do the math right after we pushed you."

Robby sat down right next to me, while I was still holding on to Duke Richard's hands.

His face.

The face that was making right now, I felt like I was looking more at Riley than Duke Richard. The sincerity of his face came back.

"I'm really sorry." I said, apologizing sincerely. "I shouldn't have done this to you. I am a complete idiot. Do you think you could ever forgive me?"

He held onto my hand tighter and began smiling. His eyes were still beet red from the spray, but the sincerity didn't disappear. "I best be thinking it's my part for the apologies. I should not have been so rude to you. So utterly impolite. I apologize, Miss Madison."

His eyes turned to Robby, so I turned my head to my right to look at him. Duke Richard let go of my hand, reaching his hand out for Robby. Duke Richard smiled, "As much as I am in love with Miss Madison..." He glanced at me again, smiling, then glanced back at Robby. "You deserve her much more than me."

Robby and I glanced at each other, then back towards Duke Richard.

Was he finally becoming a civil person with us?

After being so bad, and now being, a good person?

Was it believable?

Robby smirked at Duke Richard, grabbing his hand for a shake, and I noticed him gulping from him being tired. He sighed, shaking his head, "Can we officially be brothers now?"

Duke Richard smiled, shaking his hands up and down, replying, "You have an angel in your hands, Robert. Make sure not to let her go."

Duke Richard and I met eyes, smiling at each other while he and Robby let go of each other's hands.

"Truly an angel," Robby said, looking at me. I chuckled once, replying, "Apparently, I'm an angel to everyone in this century."

I began standing up, then Robby followed me right after. He held out his hand for Duke Richard to reach and he took it, standing up as well. He wiped the dirt off his straight brown pants, sighing loudly.

"Thank you for saving me, Miss Madison. I couldn't thank you enough. My apologies for everything. Being rude, being impolite, stabbing your leg... Everything."

"You've thanked me too much and the ankle?" I replied, looking down at my wrapped ankle. "It's far from the heart. I'll be fine."

"So..." He began. "What's my spirit doing in your world?"

I sighed loudly, "Yeah. It's a long story. You really don't wanna know."

He chuckled a little, looking at Robby. He came closer to Robby, sighting. Duke Richard patted Robby on the shoulders lightly, being at the same face level of each other. "When you reach Somerset, look all sides. Uncle can be anywhere."

Robby and I met eyes, smiling, then turning back to Duke Richard. He continued, "Take good care of Miss Madison when you arrive."

"You're letting us go? You're not going to prevent us?" Robby asked.

He smiled, replying, "I am not able to get in the way of an angel's job. She must finish what she came for."

I actually loved Duke Richard as a good person.

Just thirty minutes ago he had stabbed my ankle.

Talk about adrenaline rush.

Robby held onto my hand, making sure I wasn't going to fall over again.

"Miss Madison..." He started. "I am terribly..."

"Please!" I interrupted, "Don't say sorry again. Because I will not forgive you for the variety of times you have apologized. I understand."

Duke Richard began walking the other way, as Robby and I looked at each other, holding hands. He stopped a little, while he already walked for a minute, turned around, looking at Robby.

He smiled sincerely at Robby, saying, "Take care of yourself, Brother." With that, Duke Richard walked the other way and I smiled at Robby.

Robby and I then turned around, then he let out a laugh.

"What?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Maybe I should've pushed him in front of an automobile a long time ago."

"Hah, funny... Not." I said, hitting his shoulder.

"I'm only playing with you." He said, laughing. As he grabbed my duffel bag, we began walking slowly the other way from Duke Richard.

I began grinning, as I was looking down at the ground.

"What?" Robby asked.

"In my many months of coming here, you've adapted to my language, so so much."

"The language?" He started. "Very much. But the pants? Not quite."

"Oh yeah," I sighed. "We should get out of these outfits before anyone else can question us."

--


After two days...

Two days of exhausting walks.

Two days of tiring and dizzy driving.

Two days of devastating carriage rides and not so smart horses.

We had finally arrived in Somerset.

Well, at least the borderline of Somerset.

But it was Somerset

Robby had fallen asleep about an hour ago, and just twenty minutes ago, he had fell on my shoulders without knowing.

And I didn't bother waking him up, because I was actually enjoying it.

I had looked if the driver was paying any attention to us, but he hadn't been caring about Robby and I for the past two hours - So I don't think he would pay any attention now. I took this advantage to kiss Robby on the forehead and pulled his messy, brown hair out of his face so I can get a clear view of it.

He was so handsome.

I am so lucky to have found him.

I got out my camera from the pocket of my dress, quickly turning it on. I held the camera out, with the lens facing me and snapped a picture, while making a funny face.

I'm sure he'd love to see that when he wakes up.

Suddenly, the car came to an abrupt stop and my head shot straight forward, then I leaned back against the seat.

The driver began turning his head around, so I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to sleep.

We came to another sudden stop, which is where Robby's head dug further into my shoulders, which got him to start flickering his eyes.

As he was flickering his eyes open, I fully opened my eyes, turning away from his head. I noticed from the corner of my eyes, that he completely woke up, awakening on my shoulders as his pillow. I shifted my head a little to him, seeing that he was aware what he had fallen asleep on.

I turned to his direction as he was taking his head off my shoulders, shooting a stare at his direction, seeing him scratching his head awkwardly.

"Sorry," He finally said.

I smirked at the fact that he said sorry instead of my apologies.

He really was adapting to my language.

It was adorable.

Not paying really any attention, the driver dude took an extremely intense turn to the left which caused me to fall towards Robby's direction, and he quickly held onto my arms. I lifted myself up to sit straightly, also with it being my turn to scratch my head awkwardly.

I looked at him, slightly giggling, while he just smirked at me.

We began going slowly as the car was coming to a smooth stop. I laid my head against the seat as the driver braked the car completely, then turned around to give Robby a piece of paper.

Robby grabbed the piece of paper from him, while the driver began, "We have arrived to the address you have provided for me, Mr. Robert."

I became confused, looking to my left to see that it was nothing like the village that I had lived in now.

Where were all the fences?

Where was the gate that he had to drive through?

Where was everything?

There wasn't even trees like there normally was.

But then I looked to my right, suddenly getting out of the car, standing in front of the house.

The only house that was part of this dead ended road.

The only house that was isolated all by itself.

The only house that in the corner of this small road.

The only house that I would always remember.

It was my house.

The house that I was living in 2012.

I was looking upon my own house.