Two Worlds

The Answer

"Oh... My... God..." I said, standing there in shock and amazement.

It's 1903.

And I'm standing in front of my house that I lived in 2012.

How is this possible right now?

The structure, the shape, the color.

It was all the same.

The only thing that changed was the surroundings around the house.

I looked at all sides of the house again, seeing that there were no trees across the street from us. The house had been isolated all by itself in this private corner of this...

Road?

It was barely a road.

It was a small area within another small road, that the house was standing on.

My house now, is located within a village, with many other houses standing next to it.

And may I add, on a very large road. And many trees surrounding the house.

History can change so many ways.

Speaking of history, I wonder if me saving Duke Richard had any affect in my time period, at the moment.

I guess I have to wait even more.

Right now, I still couldn't speak as I was standing upon my house.

"Look familiar?" I heard Robby's voice from behind me.

I slightly turned around, grinning at him, replying, "This is my house. I can't believe it. The entire house is still the same even in this century. Just everything else is, different."

He came up next to me, holding my duffel bag in his other hand, standing straight up. I sighed loudly, still not being able to believe that I was standing in front of the house.

I looked at Robby, who had been looking at me the entire time and I just raised my eyebrows at him. He smirked at me, pulling my head to rub it a little, then pushing me away.

I slanted my head to my right a little to just observe my house a little more then something just clicked through my head.

"Crap," I started, as I tugged onto Robby's brown, buttoned down shirt. I realized he had not worn his trilby hat today and kept his hair messy, so he looked very cute.

"Any matter?"

"I forgot. If this house is where your Uncle really keeps Elizabeth, Amelia and Valeria. Shouldn't he be here?"

Robby began chuckling, while shifting my duffel bag onto his shoulder. He replied, while still chuckling, "Uncle would not stay in this... Small, humble, inadequate space. He's a King, Maddy. I imagine he can find fancier places to stay than this, small space of area."

I widened my eyes at him as he began walking towards the backyard, stopping halfway. I crossed my arms at him, opening my mouth at him and he smiled.

"Oye," He laughed. "It came blank to me that you live in this house in your time period."

"Mmm," I replied, smiling sarcastically.

Shifting my duffel bag up more, he smiled shyly, then coughing.

"Come on now. Do you want to save these servants?"

Still having my arms crossed, I walked towards him immaturely and he began walking as I came right next to him.

"My house is not inadequate, you Duke." I mumbled, angrily.

He slightly smiled, rubbing onto my head, while I pulled it away, arms crossed.

He sometimes enjoyed treating me like such a little kid. Sometimes, I disregarded that he was seven or eight years older than me. I'm still only seventeen, turning eighteen in the summer and he was already twenty five.

Twenty five, or any other age. I was still so in love with him no matter what.

As we walked towards the backyard, I stopped abruptly after what my eyes had come across of. I had to glance at Robby to see if my eyes had gone blank, but it was the real deal.

We were both looking at my house, that still had the deck surrounding the entire house, filed with a variety of woman who were just walking around. When they saw us, they had stopped and had frightened faces on, but we didn't know what to say.

They stopped all of their activity to stare at us and Robby had just tugged on to my wrist. "Where do we start?" He began, whispering at me. I didn't answer him, just staying silent, not knowing what to do.

After a few seconds of their blank stares, I heard a familiar voice from the left side of me, calling me.

"Miss Madison? Duke Robert?"

That voice.

I had remembered that voice.

It was Elizabeth.

I could never forget her voice even if I wanted to.

I turned my head to the left, seeing her pale, beaten up face, holding a basket of clothes in both of her hands. I gulped once before going near her.

I had began to walk up to her very slowly, to see that two bruises were right on her eyes.

She looked terrible.

After months of not seeing her, I'd imagine her stomach would be huge by now because she was getting pregnant.

But her stomach was as flat as a solid cement ground.

She'd seem like she had been losing so much weight.

"Elizabeth," I began, softly.

She began smiling, dropped her basket full of clothes, then reached out to hug me. I blinked a variety of times before wrapping my arms around her bottom waist to hug her back.

"My angel. You have come just as you promised."

Smiling, I replied, "Of course. I can't lie about stuff like this."

She slightly let go of me, still holding onto half of my arms.

"I expected your stomach to be the shape of a watermelon by now." I joked.

She smiled, "I found out I had been pregnant just forty days ago. But, King Edward had not accepted it. He ended up..."

She looked down at her stomach, letting go of my one arm and rubbing her hands against her stomach.

She switched back and forth between smiling and frowning, continuing, "He got rid of our child. He did not accept it."

I'm surprised people in this time were not educated enough to learn that they were pregnant. But I don't know how big Elizabeth's stomach got, so I didn't have enough knowledge about that.

I still can't believe King Edward hurt her like that.

My eyes widened at her, not believing what just came out of her mouth. I pretended to snap back into reality, asking, "So... How many women live in this house?"

"Twelve," She replied a bit shakily. "Actually... Four of them have already gone..."

She stopped her sentence a little, pointing her eyes at the direction of the backyard. I turned around, along with Robby, looking at the grass that was at the distance from us. Also, making me notice that my backyard had never changed.

Continuing, she finished, "Four of them are already under there."

My eyes widened, turning back to her, keeping my mouth entirely shut.

"What did you just say?" I asked, quietly.

She managed grinning a bit, repeating, "Four of them are under there. I saw it with my bare eyes."

I turned around again, blinking a variety of times.

That was it.

That was my answer.

All of them must have been buried under this backyard.

King Edward must have done this to them.

That was why the guy who dug in the fence got electrified and blood ran down his head.

That's why Scott had been electrified by the soccer ball.

There are bodies under my backyard.

I turned around, facing her again, while I felt Robby hold onto my shoulders.

"Elizabeth," I started. "Did King Edward do all of this?"

She stayed quiet for a brief moment, closing her eyes and tears running down her face.

"This is my destination, Miss Madison. This is where I'm going to be forever, until someone can find all of our bodies buried under this ground."

Okay, that didn't particularly answer my question but it got me a step further.

"Your destination is not gonna be here," I stated. "I'm not letting it happen."

They needed help getting out of here.

They needed help not dying.

I needed to get King Edward punished in some way, I didn't care what status he was.

He needed to get punished.

"Elizabeth," I repeated. "Answer me. Did King Edward do all of this?"

Before she could nod, we all heard dogs barking from a distant but all the woman stopped to listen. Elizabeth's face turned even more white, grabbing onto my hand.

"Miss Madison. You must hide yourself."

"Why?"

"The dogs are barking," She replied. "King Edward is about to arrive."

I shot my head back at Robby whose eyes had grown huge at this point.

Elizabeth continued, "If he sees you, he must punish you. You must hide yourself."

Elizabeth slightly pushed me and Robby grabbed onto my hand. We ran up the deck of the backyard's door, opening it and sprinting in.

The house had been exactly the same structure and the exact same atmosphere that I experienced with my first time moving in.

Three woman were on the floor, doing something that I wasn't sure of and immediately stood up when seeing us.

Dogs began barking loudly at this point, so Robby and I were in panic mode right now.

Elizabeth followed us in, exclaiming, "Miss Madison, please hide upstairs. Duke Robert, you must go down the basement. Please separate yourselves, King Edward will suspect terribly."

Robby and I let go of each other, still standing.

"Miss Madison, he is arriving! I beg you, go!"

I sprinted for the stairs as Robby sprinted another way from me. I quickly ran up the stairs, finding the nearest door of the room I could find and ended up coming in my own room.

There was a woman who had been sitting on the floor and she quickly stood up when I came in.

She began, "Are you the new mistress?"

I caught a glimpse at the window, seeing an automobile arriving at the sight. I shushed her softly, grabbing the doorknob of the closet and going in. I shut the closet tightly, making sure it was completely closed, standing behind the door.

After a few seconds of standing there, I heard some chaotic noise occurring downstairs and really wanted to know what was going on.

After a few more seconds, I began to hear some girls screaming and my head shot up to why that had just happened.

Ten more seconds went by, more chaotic sounds occurred. It seemed like stuff was falling down from the downstairs; I began biting my lip because I became super nervous at this point.

Being in this closet for more than two minutes started to stink up. It smelled like something rotten and I scrunched my nose up to prevent the smell coming up to my nose.

Suddenly, I felt myself jumping to the right side of the closet when I heard the door from outside banging so hard. The door slammed straight open and I shifted myself to the left even more, wondering what that girl who was inside the room was doing.

Then that voice came again.

King Edward's voice.

"Get in there, don't be stubborn!"

I heard a girl's scream from just outside the room, then a huge thump noise. I shifted my body towards the right more, bumping into a random object, but ignored it when I heard King Edward scream louder.

"I said, to get on the bed, Valeria!!"

Valeria.

I knew that name.

This was the mistress that had been here for a while.

Then a girl's voice came out and the door closed.

This smell was getting worse and worse.

I shifted my body towards the right even more, but that strange object stopped me from going to the complete corner so I just stood there, hearing the chaotic yelling outside.

"King Edward! Please! I beg you! I will serve you the rest of my life! Don't take my life!"

Then I heard a slap. I heard Valeria yelling again. Then King Edward yelled, "Silence! I will do as I please! If you will not get on that bed, you leave me no choice!"

I heard some more thumps, pushes and slaps before Valeria actually landed on the bed.

Oh god.

I closed my eyes, covered my ears, not wanting to hear what I was hearing right now.

Valeria was getting raped by King Edward right now.

Was there any way to help her without getting me killed?

But she was going to get killed.

I heard her scream in agony and pain, and it was making my head ache to bad right now. My stomach churned to hear the bed creaking as he was in the process of raping her.

She screamed louder and louder, and I wondered what had happened to the other girl who was in the room.

My heart pounded so fast as my body shifted to the right even more. I took a glance at what had been blocking me to go into the corner and I immediately fell down when I saw what image it was.

I crawled backwards towards the door, shaking my body in fright.

A woman's body.

A woman's body was hanging right in the corner of this closet.

My eyes grew large, body shaking, suddenly feeling cold. I couldn't see her entire body, but I could see her legs dangling.

She had hung herself.

Oh my god, how am I gonna stay here for any longer?

I breathed heavily staring blankly upon the dead woman who had hung herself in this closet. It must've been weeks already since it smelt terrible.

I started putting my hands together, formed it into a fist, praying in my head, "I'm here to help. Please, please, please, don't come alive to haunt me. Please... I beg of you."

I think I was becoming sick, hearing Valeria get raped by King Edward without being able to do anything and a dead body hanging right in front of me. This has never happened to me before. This was too much to handle.

I felt nauseous.

My stomach was churning.

My head had the biggest ache ever right now.

Where was Robby?

How was he?

Where was he hiding?

What can I do to help Valeria?

I stood behind the closet door, holding onto the ridges of the door, trying to look away from the dead woman who was in here with me.

I gulped deeply, a multiple of times, a little afraid that she would haunt me in some sort of way.

But I'm here to help her, she can't just randomly come alive.

The creak sounds in the bed began to die down and Valeria's screams also began to lower down. I placed my ear right against the door, with tears running down my face as I heard footsteps walk around the room.

King Edward coughed, "Now, you see what punishment you receive when you are stubborn and try to run away from this house."

I heard a slap and closed my eyes pretending not to hear it. I heard some more footsteps towards the door, the door opening, then the door slamming shut again. Then I heard a woman, which I figured was Valeria, crying so hardly.

I waited for a few minutes, before actually going out.

I crawled out the closet door, opening to see Valeria sitting on the bed, only with a corset and a piece of underwear on. Her eyes widened at me in shock, pulling a blanket up to her.

I closed my eyes, seeing the sight of blood oozing down her leg and I leaned against the closet door.

"Who are you?" She began asking. I looked around the room, noticing that the other girl was gone and I continued to cry.

The bed was also covered in blood and I formed my hands into a fist.

King Edward.

You were such a vile, disgusting, horrible, son of a...

Bastard.

I hated you so much.

You didn't deserve to get punished.

You deserve to die at this point.