Two Worlds

The Plan

"Who are you?" Valeria repeated as I was still leaning against the closet door. My head was aching, my stomach was churning and I felt so nauseous.

King Edward had just left the room five minutes ago.

"Are you the new mistress?" She asked, while I looked up at her with my extremely wet, teary eyes.

I couldn't hold it anymore.

I saw the bathroom door open, but the door that was on the other side was closed, so I quickly ran to it, throwing up every little piece of anything I had in my stomach in the toilet.

I puked for about two minutes, grabbing an object that was sticking out of the wall, lifted my arms away, then leaning my head against the wall. I closed my eyes to get rid of the headache that I was having, sighing loudly a variety of times.

Beginning to calm down a bit, I just started to breath heavily to myself, as the headache was starting to die away.

When I opened my eyes again, I saw a hand holding a towel out for me, then I looked up seeing Valeria holding it for me.

I slowly grabbed it from her, wiping the remains that was on my mouth, then slowly standing up.

When I fully stood up, recognizing that I was the exact same height as her, I grinned at her. "I'm not a new mistress. I'm actually here to help you."

"Help me?"

"Yes," I replied. "Actually, I'm here to help all of you."

At least I'm gonna try anyway.

--


"Your ankle is bleeding, Miss Madison," Elizabeth stated as I was limping down the stairs.

I looked down to see my ankle oozing blood down to my shoes and I sighed, "I was too scared to actually notice that."

"Must we wash it again?" Robby asked, coming up to hold my wrists. The three of us reached to the bottom of the stairs, while I let him let go of my hand. I grinned at him, sitting at the nearest chair. Stretching my neck back and forth, Amelia saw my ankle and widened her eyes.

"Miss Madison!" Amelia exclaimed. "We must change the cloth, stay still, I will get some warm water."

I jumped a little because I wasn't as surprised as she was. I looked at Robby who was currently sitting diagonally across from me on another chair and he just smirked at me. She ran into another room, then some clunking sounds occurred, then after a few minutes, she came back with a large bowl of water in both of her hands.

She kneeled down besides me, nodding at me and asked, "Excuse me while I change your cloth, Miss Madison."

I giggled a little because I felt bad that she had to treat me like I was part of the royal family. She unwrapped the cloth that Robby used to wrap around my ankle, slowly undoing it and observing it carefully.

"What happened, Miss Madison?" Elizabeth asked, as Amelia was still in the process of taking off my cloth, slowly.

"We had a little problems with Duke Richard before coming here," I replied.

Amelia stopped a little and gulped, "Duke Richard?"

Oh right.

Amelia was one of the girls who was with Duke Richard.

That completely slipped my mind.

I grinned at her, tapping her shoulders, "Yeah, but I'm really fine."

When she took the cloth off, everyone's face came in shock, especially mine.

It looked nasty.

The wound that stabbed me was a disgusting black, brown color and blood was running down all over my ankle. The blood from the actual wound had stopped bleeding a while ago, but the most painful thing about this process was looking at it.

It was a disgusting and vile image.

Robby sighed, "Does it hurt much?"

"Hurts looking at it," I replied.

I gritted my teeth together as Amelia began speaking, "Miss Madison. I will have to apply some alcohol on it. May I do so?"

"Whatever it takes to make it not look this nasty."

She got a small towel out from another large bowl that wasn't filled with water and grabbed the alcohol that was sitting next to her. She poured some onto the paper towel, then grabbed my ankle again.

Applying it on my wound, tears automatically started falling from my eyes because it stung so freaking bad.

I tried biting my tongue, something that Dad always taught me if I was ever going through pain, but it wasn't really helping. I dug my teeth down into my tongue further as the seeping alcohol was stinging my stabbed cut.

Tears continued falling from my eyes and Robby made a small clattering sound with his teeth. He sighed, beginning, "Be patient, Madison. Try to tolerate it."

I breathed heavily, wiping some tears that were running down my face. Amelia looked up, looking like she was doing something guilty, and continued apologizing to me.

I held my pain in, just smiling as her, then she grabbed a piece of cloth out of her pocket. I watched as she took out a blue cloth and something occurred in my head.

It felt like I've seen that cloth before.

She began wiping the blood off of my ankle, while I continued studying her blue cloth.

Where have I seen it?

Yes, that was it.

The handkerchief.

The blue handkerchief that had Amelia's name on it.

How could I forget?

I looked at it further as she was coming close to wiping all the blood off, then set it down. I smiled at her, "Do you think I could see your handkerchief?"

She looked up at me with a puzzled look, while I reached my hand out to her, waiting for her to give me the handkerchief.

She slowly nodded at me, grabbing it, then handing it to me. I immediately grabbed it from her, searching at the bottom right corner for the imprinted name.

It was there.

The name Amelia was still there.

I found this handkerchief in that creepy, small room by the basement.

"Amelia," I whispered.

Her head shot straight up, and we met eyes for a few seconds. My face was in fear and shock right now because I feared that that the splattered red liquid on the wall in the creepy basement was somehow blood.

I looked down at my ankle, seeing that Amelia wiped all the blood off. The only thing left was that nasty black, brown stabbed wound that was isolated on my white skin at the moment.

She took another long piece of a soft, fabric cloth and began wrapping it around my ankle.

The alcohol stopped stinging into my cut so tears automatically dried out from my eyes.

She wrapped it tightly, but softly, then shifted away from me.

She bowed at me once, then stood up, smiling at me. "All done, Miss Madison. I hope you get well soon."

"Thanks, Amelia." I replied, smiling.

Robby and I met eyes, then I smirked at him. He raised his eyebrows at me quickly, while looking back at Elizabeth.

I always tried my best not to be too much of a couple with Robby when Elizabeth was around.

She was so in love with him, that it actually hurt me seeing her eyes at the way she was heartbroken by us being together.

But I really did love him.

I don't know if I did as much as she did.

But I'm sure the percentage had to be close with each other.

And I know that I really was in love with him.

I stood up slowly, using the wall as my companion to lean against, placing one hand on the wall.

I noticed Valeria sitting in the other room, doing some knitting with two pieces of fabric together with her two medium sized sticks and thought about our conversation in the room, while waiting for King Edward to leave the house - which took about an hour and a half.



"He comes to check on you for two hours, rapes a few mistresses and then leaves, like that?"

Valeria nodded, "It all depends on his satisfaction."

I shook my head, looking out at the window as his car was leaving the road, "I can't believe there's someone like this in this world. How can someone do this?"

"There are many surprises in this world, Miss Madison." She replied.

We turned to look at each other, as I noticed Valeria already covered herself in a brown nightdress to close her only piece of corset and underwear.

"So, why murder any of you?" I asked. "I mean, rape is considered a crime, but why not just get it over with and then let you go or something?"

She snickered, "Let us go, thinking that all of us is going to keep it a secret?" She looked at me, grinning, "Even if he pays us all the money in the world, one of the females will have to say something. He's a king, Miss Madison."

Only by generation, I wanted to say so badly.

I slid down on the wall, sitting in a cross legged position.

Valeria sat down at a short distance from me, continuing, "Actually... There was one moment where we had an attempt to send just one of the girls out. Not even to run away from the home, just an attempt to see if we could actually just take a walk around."

Valeria stayed quiet a bit, then looked down, but continued speaking, "King Edward wasn't satisfied. He found her and took her life. Then took the life of another female in the house, stating that if we had an attempt to sneak away from the house, he would take an additional two or three lives instead of one."

I shook my head, leaning my head against the wall, "Unbelievable."

"I'm utterly surprised he did not find out that you are here, in this house." Amelia stated.

That actually surprised me too.

If I was going to help them, how was I going to start?



Valeria and I met eyes again, but all I could do was grin at her. She slightly bowed her head at me, then going back to knitting.

Robby came up to stand next to me, sighing, "I hadn't the slightest idea that Valeria was here. I thought she had gotten sick and moved out of the palace."

Valeria didn't hear us, continuing to knit her fabrics together and Elizabeth frowned, "You shouldn't have come here, Miss Madison."

Robby and I looked at each other, then back at here. Elizabeth continued, "Your life is in danger if you are here."

"But I'm here, aren't I? The best I can do is to try and help you. Get you out of here and not leaving you tortured like this."

She slightly smiled at me, leaving both arms hanging to her sides, "Believe it or not, Miss Madison. I do not mind spending my last days here in this home."

She began to cry a little, but still manage to smile, continuing, "I just... just... I do not want my spirit to stay in this home. I want my spirit to become free."

"Yes," Amelia interrupted. "The people who will live in this house for the years to come along... Will understand the pain that we are feeling. Since we will stay in this house and become souls of this house, we must make a statement for the coming residents of this household."

"Like you guys did with me," I whispered.

Robby shot a glance at me, but I only frowned at him. Amelia and Elizabeth had puzzled looks on their faces but I only shook my head, "It's nothing."

Looking away, I thought about what had just come out of their mouth.

The people who will live in this house for the years to come along will understand the pain that we are feeling.

The torture.

The hurt.

The pain.

Yes.

I understood every bit of what they felt.

"Excuse me," Robby said politely, then pulled my wrist to go talk in private.

When we were in a private corner of the house, he stood facing me, beginning, "Madison. This is going to be impossible. We can't help all of them."

"We can try," I said, becoming a little heated.

"Maddy, I understand that in your world, occurrences have to happen your way. But from what I have heard in the past three hours, is Uncle Edward being an extremely mad person. He's not going to let you go easily... So what makes you imagine that he will let all of these mistresses go?"

"I don't want them to die."

"And you think I do?"

"There's gotta be a way out of here, Robby."

"Maddy. Do you understand that right now, we are trapped in this house? If we leave this house, it's possible that we could die."

Die?

I never thought about that.

No, I don't wanna die.

"I'm not dying in this house. Robby, what point are you trying to make?"

"The matter..." He replied. "The matter is... I am able to leave this house because Uncle has no privilege of killing me. If he does, Father will search and Uncle will get punished. But he has every right and power to murder you... And I will not allow that."

"I don't get what you're saying."

He grabbed both of my shoulders and looked at me with a serious look in his eyes, "Try asking yourself if you are able to get yourself out of this house, before trying to get all these other woman out of the house."

My life was in danger now?

The thought that I could possibly died seriously freaked me out at this moment.

--


"This is difficult," I stated, while eating a piece of bread on a plate, sitting on the floor of the basement.

"Didn't I tell you?" Robby replied sarcastically, taking a bite out of his plain, white bread.

Elizabeth sat down, diagonally across from us, apologizing, "I apologize for the lack of food we have. King Edward barely sends us any decency in his appetites, so this is all we have."

I looked down at the plate, seeing two pieces of plain, white bread that she prepared for us and I only grinned at her, "It's okay."

"But," I continued. "I'm not complaining about that. I'm just thinking of a Plan B to get you guys out of here."

"Plan B?" All Elizabeth, Amelia and Valeria asked in unison.

I slightly chuckled, taking a bite of the bread again.

"The original plan," I sighed. "Was to get you guys out of here one by one. But seeming that isn't going to happen, I need a new plan."

The three girls looked at each other's faces then looked back at me. Amelia smiled, "Miss Madison. You honestly do not have to do this. Your life is much more valuable than ours. Please, save yourself being saving us."

I pointed at them and sighed, "Listen... I didn't travel three days..."

"Two and half," Robby corrected.

Puckering my mouth at him, I continued to say, "Two and half..." Glaring at Robby, then continuing, "... Days to arrive here, do nothing, then leave. No, no. There has got to be some way out."

They looked down, taking a bite of their bread, keeping quiet.

My stomach growling was crazy right now and all this house had was pieces of white bread that could possibly be part of the brand "Wonder" in the future.

Ugh.

"So is there a reason why King Edward constructed the basement to be exactly like the library in the Buckingham Palace?" I said, observing my creepy, overly large basement.

I noticed that there were no thick lines in the wall to make the passageway that I come through.

Valeria replied, "He stated he wanted to be a kind person and make this basement exactly like the downstairs library of the palace. In so, we can have the same atmosphere as in being in the palace."

I looked around the basement which had absolutely nothing.

It looked exactly like the day I had moved in.

Except, darker.

The only thing that was lighting up the room was the lit candles and the lanterns that people always held in this century.

"Be a kind person?" Robby asked Valeria.

Valeria nodded and I nodded my head, "Vile, cruel and psycho. Anything worse than this?"

Robby placed his second piece of bread on my plate and I gave him a confused look.

"Why'd you give it to me? You only have one."

He smiled, biting into his only piece left, "I can hear your stomach crying from this distance. I can not imagine how loud it will be if I shift any closer to you."

I bent down a little, hearing it growl insanely, chuckling at him.

He bit the remains of the bread, wiping his hands together, then standing up.

Knowing him, he went to go observe the basement. He was always the kind of guy to observe things that looked familiar to him.

"Duke Robert is so kind to you," Amelia whispered to me. "You did not even say one word about being hungry, yet he managed to understand what your stomach is feeling."

I slightly laughed, noticing that Elizabeth looked down after Amelia said that sentence.

Then I noticed Robby going into the corner of the room, opening the door of that room and immediately coughing.

We all looked his direction, while he called out, "Is this room the storage for dust, ladies?"

They slightly smiled, shaking their heads and Elizabeth sighed, "Still the comedian that I remember."

I grinned to myself, making sure she didn't see, actually being a little jealous that she was still interested.

But I shouldn't be jealous.

I'm just too hot-headed sometimes, and I really didn't like that about myself.

I glanced at Robby again, remembering that was the room that I saw the red liquid on the wall.

I placed my plate on the floor, stood up, heading over to where Robby was. Before he closed the door, I pushed it back open, where he slightly jumped after seeing me.

"What is it?" He asked me.

I took out my flashlight from the pockets of my shorts that was under my dress and shone it through the room.

It looked exactly the same.

Just, there was no red stuff on the wall.

I glanced back at the three girls, then leaning close to Robby, whispering, "In my time period... There's red stuff on this wall." I placed the light of the flashlight at the wall where the red stuff would be and continued speaking, "I'm starting to think it was blood that no one was ever able to wash up."

"Do you mean someone may have been majorly tortured in this particular room?"

I nodded my head, seeing him frown a little then turning back to him.

"Maddy," He whispered. "I had a conversation with Elizabeth and she stated that Uncle can come at very unexpected times. We must be extremely careful. When the dogs bark, that is a sign that we must hide."

I had a conversation with Elizabeth?

Really, Robby?

I nodded my head at him in agreement, turning off my flashlight.

We walked back to the three girls, sitting down across from them, grabbing our plates to place on our laps again.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes, but then an idea came across my head like a sudden blink.

"That's it." I said, facing Robby.

"What's it?"

I noticed the corner window of the basement and nodded my head.

"Instead of trying to escape when King Edward isn't here... Try escaping when he is here."

They all looked around each other, very puzzled and confused, and scared.

"Unfortunately, when King Edward is here, he is obviously extremely occupied. So escape the house when he's in the house."

"Miss Madison," Elizabeth started. "I am positive he will hear the door opening."

"Who said we're going to use the door?"

Again with the puzzled faces, Amelia asked, "What do you mean by, Miss Madison?"

I smirked at Robby, looking at the window in the corner, then smiling at the three girls.

Honestly, this might actually work out.

--


Sleeping against the wall, for three hours, was...

Anyone could guess.

The most uncomfortable and soaring position ever.

In the past three hours, I had woken up probably about seventeen times, almost reaching twenty.

Who could blame anyone?

The only bed in this house was in the room that I was in.

With the woman who hung herself.

Oh god.

How did I forget about her?

She was just hanging there. Her deceased body, with her legs dangling in that small closet. We needed to get her down. We needed to have a decent burial for her.

All of a sudden.

The sound of dogs barking had come straight through my ears.

Barking dogs.

That meant King Edward was here.

Oh god, he was here.

Robby and I shot our heads straight up, glaring at each other in fear.

Elizabeth, Valeria and Amelia immediately stood up, lifting up their dresses to stay in balance. Elizabeth and Amelia ran up the stairs, forcing Valeria to stay downstairs with us but she was in complete panic mode. Her facial expression made me notice that the oldest she could be was probably fourteen or fifteen years old.

She held onto my hand, shaking in frantically, "Miss Madison. You must hide."

She tried pulling me into that small room, but I shook my head.

She gave me a fearful look but I only stared down at her. "If you wanna start someday, start now."

I looked at Robby, nodding at him, as Valeria and I were still holding hands with each other.

Without thinking, I pulled her towards the corner where the window was located and we stood in front of it.

I could tell in her facial expression that she was freaked out by the chaotic sounds that was happening upstairs at this moment.

King Edward had at least one victim at this moment, so he wouldn't care who would be down at this basement.

I quickly grabbed the small table that was placed at a short distance from us and clanked it with the wall. I stepped onto the table, reaching up to slide the window open and it eventually opened, after a few slips in the hands.

I heard some women screaming, worrying about Elizabeth and Amelia.

But I worried about getting caught at this moment.

I stepped back down, demanding Valeria to get on the table, and slide through the basement's window.

She frantically shook her head, "No. I am not able to do it. I am not able to jump."

"We'll help," I said quickly. "Just hurry up and get up there!"

I forced her to step onto the table, making sure that King Edward was still occupied, and she was on the table.

I tugged onto Robby's shoulders, "You gotta help me push her."

"Push?" He asked. "As in, touching each other?"

"Yeah. She can't jump unless we help her."

"Madison. I can't come in contact with her. The only person I allow myself to do that with is you."

"Oh, you are not thinking about sins right now, are you?"

"Madison," He said, worrying that he was going to actually touch her.

"Robby..." I said, angrily. I pointed between Valeria, who was about to have a heart attack right now and the window, "Choose. You causing a sin, or this innocent girl dying for no reason."

He looked back and forth between me and the Valeria, then after a few seconds, grabbed the bottom of her legs.

She jumped a little, surprised that he actually touched her, because I was surprised that he actually listened to me.

"How do you do this pushing?" He asked, very innocently.

I grabbed her ankles and sighed, "Valeria. Get ready. We're gonna push you up. You force yourself to crawl out of there, okay?"

She didn't reply.

She only breathed heavily, so I repeated, "Valeria. We're gonna push you and when you crawl out of there, get out of this road as fast as you can. Don't turn back, don't do anything. Just keep going until you see many automobiles and carriages traveling. I'm sure there are some out at this time. Save yourself, promise me?"

She looked down at me as I looked up, and she nodded at me, indicating that she was going to do it.

The noises began to die down so Robby and I quickly pushed her up to level herself with the window, and she quickly crawled out. Half of her legs were still dangling at the window so I quickly stepped onto the table, helping the rest of her push out of the window.

When she was completely out, she turned around to look at me, and I was at relief.

She smiled at me and I nodded, "Go."

I waved my hand at her two times, repeating, "Go. If we're destined to meet again, we will. Just get out of here now."

She nodded at me, running away as quickly as she could, then I quickly slid the window back in its normal shut position, praying, "Dear Lord. Please let her make it out without getting caught, I beg of you."

Robby held out his hand for me to grab while coming down, so I lifted up my dress, grabbing it, then he grabbed my waist to get me down smoothly.

One girl was out.

I think we could actually do this.

"Well, well, well. What is bundled up here?" I heard a familiar voice from behind us.

I knew that voice.

That was King Edward's voice.

But I didn't dare to turn around.

Robby and I stood frozen, holding hands with each other.

No, this wasn't true.

He wasn't standing right behind us.

But then when we turned around.

I was not expecting this person to be standing at the bottom of the stairs, facing us.

King Edward

Now, how was I going to make it out alive?