Two Worlds

The Kill

No, no, no, no, no...

King Edward was not standing at the bottom of the stairs right now. I couldn't blink at the sight of seeing his face.

He was at quite a distance from us but I could still see his face as clearly as if he was standing right in front of me.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, shifting behind Robby, seeing if this was a dream or an illusion. With my eyes closed, I could feel Robby shifting more in front of me, blocking probably half of my body, so I tugged onto the back of his shirt.

I fully opened my eyes again, with King Edward still standing at the bottom of the stairs, with his arms crossed.

No, this was real.

I began inhaling and exhaling the breaths that I had heavily... Thinking about the negative that this could possibly be the last breaths that I may be taking.

King Edward began stepping towards our way, so we took a step back, but the wall was completely blocking us so there was absolutely no way out.

Was there any way to book it at this point?

God, I wish.

He stood there, with an amused face, and I just became extremely scared. He began speaking, "My secret is out."

He clapped his hands, which caused Robby and I to look at each other's faces. We turned back to him to see him clapping and walking up to us, continuing, "Yes. You know every part of my secret. Isn't that lovely?"

Lovely?

His smirking face became to a frown, and he stopped clapping, "You understand the consequences of knowing this particular secret of mine does not end up so swell."

He stared me down with his death beaming eyes so I looked down at my shoes.

"Actually," He continued. "Nephew Robert. I may be able to let you go. I am not able to murder my own nephew. I will not be stupid enough to get punished."

My thoughts went entirely to Valeria.

Was she okay? Was she able to get far away from the house?

I hope so... She doesn't have to deal with all this crap that is given to her.

Robby shifted more in front of me, blocking me enough so only my head was showing.

"Did Richard not warn you?" He said in that creepy, frightening, deep, British accent.

He came closer and closer to us, until he stood right in front of us, continuing to stare me down with those eyes of death.

Breathing heavily, I tried looking away but I could literally feel how his angry he was at this particular moment.

"Two idiots," He insulted. "Two idiots. An idiotic male and an idiotic female. All that is in the minds of these two young idiots are sexual activity."

He turned to Robby, pointing at him, "Do you understand? Your Miss Madison is not a regular human being. She made your brother fall in love with her. He will not do as I command anymore. All because of this vile, little female!"

I squeezed Robby's shirt even tighter, becoming more frightened.

Do something, Spencer, do something.

You're normally the fighter.

Why is this stopping you?

"Who knows?" King Edward said smiling and chuckling. "During the times you were not aware, your Miss Madison may have snuck around with Brother Richard. Otherwise, he would not be so mad for her."

My eyes widened with anger at King Edward right now.

What the hell?

Was all that was in his head sex?

"Uncle!" Robby exclaimed.

King Edward smirked, staring at me again. He slightly pushed Robby, grabbing my wrists very hard, and pulling me away from him. He looked at me up and down, then licking his lips.

Ew.

Gross.

This bastard.

"Uncle, let go of Madison," Robby demanded softly.

He looked at Robby, then back down at my legs, up and down.

I tried getting out of his grasp, but it was too hard for me to fight against him.

"You and your brother do have good eyes when it comes to females," King Edward said, nastily. "Go mad for the most attractive one."

He came very close to my face, while I stood back, he chuckled and looked at Robby, "You can always find a pleasure of eating them up."

My eyes widened at him, forcing myself to get out of his grasp, but he still didn't let me go.

"Uncle Edward, Madison is not like you speak of. All she is trying to do is help the servants that are here," Robby stated, getting heated up as well.

"Your eyes are blinded by lust, Robert. How many times have you encountered with her?"

"Uncle!" Robby exclaimed.

I had the same mixed emotions I had when Duke Richard spotted us in that stick house for the first time.

Except, King Edward was being much worse, and a plain jackass.

King Edward once again looked at me up and down, while I could feel the sweat, running from my head up til' my ankles. The wound in my ankles was starting to sting again, which meant that I was getting nervous by the minute.

Come on, Spencer, think of something.

You're never afraid of anything, why are you backing down now?

I know why...

Because I'm afraid that I'm gonna lose my life.

"That Richard is an idiot," He insulted. "Goes mad for one female and throws his entire life away. I knew he would betray me. You entire family has betrayed me! My own Brother, my own nephew, Robert and now, the nephew that I trusted the most has betrayed me! He was on my side before you came into his life!"

King Edward pointed at me with his other hand, insulting me.

He continued yelling, "You are alike! You are all idiots! You all all betrayers... Richard doesn't even dare to help his own Uncle..."

"That's enough!" I cut him off. "You can insult me all you want, but don't insult your own family. Do you know how much Richard actually respected you? He thought you actually cared for him, but all you want to do is use him to get all your mistresses down here! And I can't stand here listening to you insult him like that!"

He glared at me, squeezing my wrists even harder after saying that, "You. You are the reason why he has changed. He thinks he's fallen madly in love with you, but he's not! He is just blinded by your beauty and so is Robert," He looked over to Robby who was looking upon us with a very worried look, not knowing what to do. "Robert has the same exact emotion. You think you're in love, but you're not. Love doesn't exist in this world, Robert. Your Miss Madison doesn't love you. All she wants to do is feel superior of her beauty, knowing that every man in this world wants her."

My eyes widened again, as his wrap around my wrists was tightening further.

"You've got it wrong, Uncle," Robby replied. "You've misunderstood everything. Madison is not the kind of person, I want you to understand that."

He chucked again, looking back and forth between Robby and I. There was an awkward silence for a minute, but then King Edward shook his head.

"What kind of human being are you? Where are you from?" He asked, turning to face me.

I didn't quite understand the question, so I stayed quiet, looking down.

"I asked where are you from!! I demand to know an answer! You are not a regular human being!" He screamed.

I jumped a little, trying to hold my tears back, shooting a look at Robby.

Another minute of awkward silence, then King Edward began laughing again.

"Fine. Do not answer me. You leave me no choice. Since you two idiots think you are so in love with each other, you wouldn't mind if you had passed on together."

My eyes widened even more, as King Edward began pulling me towards the stairs of the basement. He dragged me up the stairs, disregarding that my ankle was in so much pain right now. But we stopped halfway up the stairs when we heard Robby scream, "Uncle!"

We looked back at her, and he had the most pleading eyes right now, begging, "Uncle, please do not take Madison's life. I beg you. I will do anything. I will not speak of this subject to any human being in this lifetime, I swear on it."

Smirking, he replied, "Oh my poor innocent nephew. I am not going to murder her yet. As easy as it is to murder her, if I do it now, she will miss the entire show."

Show?

He dragged me up the stairs again, going all the way to the door, kicking the door open, and pulling me out of the basement.

Two girls were standing by the living room, with worried looks on their faces, so I only gave them a look meaning that I would be okay. I heard Robby follow us with his footsteps as King Edward walked towards the door that led to the backyard.

Opening the door to the backyard, he pushed me very hardly, making me land in the middle of the deck that was attached the back of the house.

The wooden floor hit the top of my arm really bad, so I laid there groaning with the pain that had been doubled at this point.

King Edward didn't stop yet. He came up to me, pulling me by the hair, making me stand up, walking near the stairs, and throwing me to land on top of the stairs.

Ow, again.

Robby immediately ran after me, grabbing my face, seeing if I was okay, but I only looked at him with a painful look.

Robby stood up, blocking me, yelling, "Uncle! That's seriously enough! Stop hurting her!"

"Did I say I'm going to hurt only her?"

With that, King Edward punched Robby really hard in the face, probably in the nose, making Robby's head land on my lap. My eyes widened, seeing blood running down his nose, while King Edward yelled, "Silence! Get yourself behind her."

We looked at him, puzzled, but he was too impatient to understand. He pushed Robby, behind me, having our backs facing each other as he went to the table to grab a box. He bent down, opening the box, revealing a bunch of ropes tangled up with each other.

I noticed Elizabeth had been looking by the door so I shook my head at her, mouthing not to come out.

She shifted forward and back, not knowing if she should help me or not, so I mouthed for her to go back inside.

She just stood by the door, as King Edward used the ropes to wrap our wrists, ankles and entire bodies together.

He tightened it so much, I could barely move a muscle feeling pain.

I saw an open space in between the trees that blocked this entire house, having a slight view of the outside road. I searched to see if Valeria was running away somewhere, but she wasn't there.

When King Edward finished wrapping our bodies together, he began speaking, "You know. I have very talented dogs."

Dogs?

What the hell?

I gave him a puzzled look, also disgusted by the beard that he had surrounding his mouth as he continued, "The dogs that you hear barking before I have arrived. They are very talented."

He stood up, disappearing into the corner of the house so I rested the back of my head against Robby's back head.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Much better than you, Maddy," He managed to joke.

A few minutes later, King Edward came back and my eyes grew larger, seeing the sight of the woman he was dragging.

Valeria.

Why didn't she run away?!

He pushed her angrily, making her trip onto the first step of the stairs, and her eyes were running of tears at this moment.

"Why didn't you go?"

She showed me her arm, which made me think of King Edward's words, I have very talented dogs

Her arm had a three dark colored holes in her arm, which had been bleeding newly at this moment.

The dogs bit her.

That's why she couldn't get away.

Why am I such an idiot?

"You honestly think I was going to let you get away that simply?" He asked Valeria. I stared at Valeria with a sympathetic look feeling so bad that I was the cause of this entire thing.

He reached his hands towards Valeria when I stopped it.

"Please! Don't!"

He lowered his arms, looking at me in frustration, so I continued, "I was the reason why she was trying to run away. I made her do it. If you're gonna punish someone, do it to me."

"Madison!" Robby exclaimed.

"Miss Madison, you don't need to do this," She cried.

I shook my head, closing my eyes, opening them to see King Edward still bent down staring at me.

"Please," I begged. "Don't do anything to her."

King Edward sat still for a few minutes, then walked away from me, heading towards the table. He pulled out a piece of cloth, spinning it a couple times, bending down again to wrap it around my face.

His hands ran through from behind, bringing the cloth to meet up at my mouth, tying the cloth right there.

I sat there, with a piece of cloth wrapped around my face and he slapped me really hard in the face.

Okay, even more ow.

"Maddy," Robby said softly.

I made myself sit straight up again, making sure Robby's back didn't hurt.

My teeth brushed against the cloth intensely and he yelled, "Shut your virgin mouth!"

My eyes widened when I realized he wasn't going to listen to me.

"Shut your mouth and just watch the show," He concluded.

His arms reached towards Valeria again, placing his hands on her neck. My eyes grew larger and larger, shocked at what he was going to do.

Both of thumbs, were placed right at Valeria's throat, pressing it as hard as he could.

I began moving my body around, screaming to help her, but my body was completely tied up and my mouth wasn't able to have a loud sound. My legs tried to kick him to stop, but he was completely out of my reach.

Valeria tried to get his hands off, placing her arms on his wrists, but she couldn't fight him back.

I continued to scream as Valeria was getting choked by him. I didn't feel Robby moving a muscle, but he's too sensitive to watch these kind of things.

My heart stopped beating when Valeria's hands stopped moving and her entire body stopped moving as well.

Her arm that was placed on King Edward's hand, dropped on one side. The other side followed after a few seconds, then her head slanted towards her left side.

I breathed heavily, unable to see clearly because it was so dark, but King Edward let go of her, as her dead body fell towards me. I saw her dead white eyes stare upon me, as she laid on the first step of the stairs, completely dead.

And I was the reason why she was dead.

I couldn't help her.

Tears ran down my face, closing my eyes.

I couldn't stand to look at her for one more minute.

How was I going to do this now?

--


I flickered my eyes opened, jumping to see the sight of Valeria still looking upon me with those pair of dead eyes.

The sky was still pretty black, so I must've dozed off for only a few minutes, by my guess.

I jumped again, hearing the sound of Robby asking, "You have woken up,"

"Mmm," I managed to say with the cloth still wrapped around my face, into my mouth.

I looked down, noticing there was a rip on the middle side of my dress, seeing my jean shorts pop out.

I sighed to myself, trying to look away from Valeria, leaning my head against Robby's head.

"How are you?" I mumbled.

"I'm fine, if that's what you're asking," He replied, giving me the answer I wanted. "You have been asleep for thirty minutes. I am not able to sleep. The thought of Valeria lying there without being alive frightens me."

I sighed to myself, trying to look away and not think about it.

I dozed off for another hour, waking up to hear chaotic footsteps around the deck. I saw King Edward dragging Valeria's dead body towards the backyard, standing in the middle of the grassy backyard.

The sky had become a little blue at this point, so I had a slight view.

I realized there had been a huge dug up hole in the middle, so he quickly threw Valeria in the hole. My eyes widened, not understanding why he did all of this.

He took a weird looking shovel, then began putting the dirt back into the hole. Tears ran down my face again, closing my eyes to look away from the scene.

If I wasn't tied up at this particular moment, I would so jump on this jackass and kick him with every single strength that I had in my body.

But seeming as if I couldn't move a muscle, I couldn't do anything to this bastard.

He came back up to me, smirking, asking, "Perhaps, you enjoyed the show."

I glared at him extremely pissed off, wanting to kill him at this moment.

He pulled the cloth off my mouth and I stretched my jaw, to make the sore go away.

"You're such a bastard," I started. "You are a vile, disgusting person. You don't deserve to be King. You don't deserve to be respected. You don't deserve to be living."

"Maddy," Robby whispered.

I hit him with my right shoulder, indicating that I was going to talk and didn't care. I had to get it out somehow. It's been burying me inside for the past hour.

He bent down to level himself with my face, smirking at me with that creepy mouth of his.

I repeated, "I am one person who doesn't respect you and doesn't think that you deserve all of the respect and love you get from these citizens. You're a good person for a lot of people, but when people find this out, you're going to get the karma you deserve. I am one person who hates your guts, and everything about you."

"You think you can dare speak to me just because you are an American?" He asked, patiently.

I gulped once, with my heart beating extremely fast, but continued, "I don't care whether I'm American or from the year 2012. I really don't. All I care about is helping all these innocent mistresses of yours and having everyone find out what the real King Edward is like,"

He stared into my eyes for what felt like an eternity, but I glared at him furiously. From behind, my hands formed into a fist, but I couldn't do anything about it.

He stood up, while I looked after him, and he reached his hands out to my face, giving me a huge slap in the face.

My face fell left, but I shot a glare back at him, acting like nothing happened.

He pointed, "I shall see you soon, my dear Madison,"

He's said that since the first day he met me, until the very last days that I was going to be here. And it disgusted me every single time.

--


"Madison," Robby started, sounding very tired.

I wanted to guess it was about six or seven in the morning, because the sky extremely bright but the clouds were blocking the entire thing. It was all a light gray color, looking like it was going to rain.

"Yes?" I replied to his greeting.

He didn't reply right away, so I took a chance to look at the grassy area, seeing the dirt messing up with the smoothness of the grass a bit, but it still didn't look like a murder scene.

I can't let them all die.

I didn't come all the way back in time just to let them die.

Or was all they need help with getting their spirits out?

Their spirits are trapped in my house and they want their bodies out of this underground. I remember the first day I came into this house, seeing their spirit, saying, Help me. It is proven that you can help me.

But would they really make me travel all the way back in time, just to understand what happened to them, and get them out?

If I can change history with Duke Richard, I may be able to change history with them as well.

"Marry me," Robby said suddenly.

I shifted my head back to his direction to the left, and thought that I heard the wrong thing.

"What?"

He sighed, repeating slowly, "Marry... Me."

He just asked me to marry him.

When we're tied together, in front of a murder scene.

Very romantic

"Marry you? As in... Be your wife?"

"Yes," He replied, chuckling a little. "As in, be my wife".

I wandered my eyes around, breathing heavily to myself, not knowing what to say.

But I replied, "You're asking me to marry you, when we're all tied up in ropes and right after Valeria gets killed?"

"It's not romantic, I know," He replied. "But if we are married, I promise to protect you with my entire life."

"You really wanna risk protecting me if I get married to you?"

"When Uncle said I was only blinded by your beauty, it made me understand my true feelings for you.That day when I asked you if this was the feeling of love... The night that has passed has made me understand that I am willing to do anything for you. If Uncle does anything to you, I know that I will want to protect you. I have fallen in love with you, Maddy,"

Tears rolled down from my eyes again, leaning my head against his.

I was happy he said those words, but at the same time so upset that this wasn't my world.

But if I married him, then I'd have to stay here.

I hated that it had a choice for me.

Amanda was right. When the wall called for me, it gave me a headache but it didn't take me with it.

If I was here on the last day, I could have made a choice of where to stay.

What the hell was I going to do on that day?

"Are you saying you would die for me?"

"Any day,"

I smiled, as butterflies filled my stomach, tears rolling down my eyes. A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing Elizabeth coming out of the house.

"Miss Madison!" She exclaimed. She ran up to me, bending down to sit next to, wiping everything I had off of my face. She lifted her hand off, as I saw blood smudged onto her hands as well.

I had blood on my face?

Since when?

"You are in pain," She stated.

"Quite a bit..." I said, with a chuckle.

"I apologize," She said with a guilty tone. "I shouldn't have made you come through this situation. You need to get away first. I must help you."

"Not if I help you first," I replied.

She shook her head, "I don't care anymore. I care about your safety. I do not want you to be tortured anymore than this. You are too good of a person to get this torture."

"And you're not good?"

"I grew up along with a karma, Miss Madison. You have grown up with warmth and love. It is different."

"You're a human, aren't you? We're all the same. Even though we grow up different ways, we don't deserve to be tortured like this. A person like King Edward doesn't deserve to do this to you."

"Miss Madison," She interrupted, grabbing my my shoulders. "All I want for you to know is when I get buried under this area, I want someone in the future to discover all of our bodies. Our bodies are going to trapped in here for many years, and I want someone to take it out. I want this house to get knocked down. I don't want it to be standing in the years ahead. I am willing to be a trapped spirit, just to let the people in this household understand that I want my spirit to be free. Please, Miss Madison. Please, I beg of you. Save yourself."

"You want this house to get knocked down?"

"Yes. I will be a sprit wandering around until someone breaks this house. Until there is nothing left. I want it to be torn down to pieces of ash. I want the area of the underground burial to be gone. I want our spirits to be free. I will not stop haunting the residents of this household until I get it."

Okay.

Now, that was my answer.

--


Another few hours passed by, which I take it was probably afternoon time by now, Robby and I were still sitting back to back, tied up.

"So is your Uncle planning to keep us like this forever?"

"I think forever may be too short for him," He managed to say, jokingly.

I groaned, in pain, while Elizabeth put a stand on the bottom of the door to make it stay open. She came out with a plate with four pieces of bread, bending down to sit slightly in front of me.

"With your situation, I may have to feed you," She joked.

I pointed my head towards Robby, pleading, "Can you feed him first? I feel like he's had it hard. I wasn't even able to wipe the blood off from his nose. You think you can help me?"

She looked at me, with those eyes like she was going to do something wrong but I shook my head, "Don't worry. I won't be jealous."

I might as well let her have her moment with him, seeming as though she's going to be a spirit in this house, anyway.

She squinted her mouth left to right, sighing, "If I get your permission, I can do it for you, Miss Madison."

She crawled over to Robby slowly, and I felt his body shift a little.

After she fed him for about five minutes, she was about to crawl back to me, when I heard his voice again.

The voice that disgusted me so much.

King Edward.

"Get away from those two," He demanded.

Elizabeth slowly stood up, hugging the plate to her chest, looking down.

He pointed his head towards the house, forcing her to go inside, but she didn't go in at first.

"Elizabeth," I said, telling her with my eyes that she should just go in.

She slightly nodded, going back into the house. When she went in, then he came up to us from the side. He began untying the ropes from our wrists, doing the process slowly.

When he finally unwrapped it, I stood very still and he demanded, "Get up,"

Get up?

I have a rope wrapped around my ankle, how the heck am I going to get out, King Edward?

I looked down at my ankles, and he groaned, "I demanded to get up."

I rolled my eyes, using my hands to help me get up, but after a minute, I was able to stand on two feet again. I realized how sore my entire body was, and my arms were aching so badly at this moment. I felt like I had been numb for hours and I also felt like I had no power in my body at this point.

I flipped the hair that was covering my face to the back, looking at Robby, seeing him all tied up still.

"Your turn," King Edward said randomly.

"My turn? For what?" I replied, becoming frightened.

He kicked my legs, making me fall down, then he began carrying me back inside the house.

"Maddy!" Robby called.

My legs wiggled as he entered the house, as he headed towards the stairs. My eyes widened, screaming for anyone to help, but he walked faster and faster by the second.

He walked up the stairs, while my legs still kicked up to try to get out of his grasp, but his hold kept getting tighter and tighter.

"Please, let go of me." I pleaded.

He kicked the room that I was in yesterday open, and then threw me on to the bed.

He stood next to the bed, as I began sweating again. He rubbed his hands together, stretching his neck left to right, "Let's see why my nephews are mad for this little angel."

My eyes widened, trying to get out, but he pushed me back onto the bed.

He laid his knees on the bed, sitting, then began feeling my ankle then going up. I kicked my legs up, trying to lift his hands off of me, but his response was by punching me in the stomach.

At this point, I didn't have the strength to even wiggle my legs. He continued running a finger from my ankles, and he had reached to my knees at this point.

You jerk, stop touching me. This is disgusting me.

As he got closer and closer to me, suddenly, we both heard a loud sound that made the entire house shake. It made me snap back, realizing that the sound was similar to a gunshot.

What was a gunshot doing in this house?

"Bloody hell!" He screamed.

All of a sudden, the door shot open, revealing Duke Richard.

Duke Richard holding a gun.