Two Worlds

The Move In

"Spence," Scott said, while he was dragging my suitcase across the white tiled floor. "Did you bring the entire house with you or something? Why the heck is your bag so heavy?"

I tried to ignore his complaint, and walked side by side with Amanda to find room 501. Riley was carrying my duffel bag along with his suitcase, while Sam was helping Scott carry some bags. Amanda's parents, Riley's parents and my dad were talking up a storm from behind us.

I finally stopped when the room number literally stared me down, seeing 501.

The door was slightly open, so I figured our third roommate had been there.

University of Cambridge is separated into a bunch of little colleges, and each of those colleges are going to have a faculty of learning of their own. And so Amanda's major was history, which was on one side of Cambridge, while my major was in a medical building, which was on the complete opposite of Cambridge from Amanda's college. So in order to make it fair, we tried to find a dorm flat that was right smack dab in the middle.

And with our luck, we found it.

So we were able to become roommates with no problem.

And apparently Riley wanted to join in on the idea.

The slight down part is that we have a third roommate who just joined last week.

Amanda and I were originally supposed to stay in a smaller, double dorm, but since this Ally girl signed up, we had to get a bigger room for the third roommate.

I grabbed Amanda's hands, and walked straight towards our dorm room.

Opening the door of the room and revealing the entire place, it was a fair medium size with three beds scattered into different corners.

I saw a girl, at the bed near the window, who was pretty skinny, dirty blonde hair, probably a tad bit shorter than me, wearing bright red shorts, a yellow t-shirt and black sandals.

When she heard us, she immediately turned around, with her face lighting up into happiness, also waving at us frantically.

"Ah! Mom!" She exclaimed. "My roommates are here!"

Her Mom came out from a closet, and she was wearing nice black dress pants, a long sleeved, red, buttoned down blouse with high heels.

Amanda and I grinned at each other as she got really excited, coming up to us. "I'm Ally. Your additional roommate. Amanda and Madison, right?"

We nodded, but I corrected, "Call me Spencer, if you will. It's my nickname but my favorite. Or call me Maddy if you want, it doesn't really matter."

She nodded and sighed, "Meh, I'll call you Maddy. Spencer sounds too... Boy-ish."

Boy-ish?

It's can be a girl's name.

I began introducing everyone that was with me, "This is Riley. He's going to this school and he's dorming in this hall as well. This is Scott, my brother who goes here as well, but he's a sophomore and dorming in a different hall. This is Sam, my younger brother. And the oldie in the dark gray buttoned shirt is my Dad."

I slightly turned around, after making fun of him, but he only glared at me. I turned back around and Ally introduced her Mom, "This woman is my mom."

We all waved at her, then Amanda introduced her parents and the same with Riley.

Ally stood there, looking super excited and all Amanda and I could do was smile very widely as she was.

--


"I think that should be the last of it," Dad said, as he finally put on my polka dotted pink bed sheets on my twin sized bed, which was closest to the door.

We spent the last few hours arranging and decorating our dorm room, and Scott went to his dorm building which was two buildings down from ours. Riley went to go meet with his roommate, and his room was diagonally across from us. Sam went with Riley to hang out, while he decorated his room.

Ally left the room with her mom a while ago to drop her Mom off, so the only person left to drop off their dropper offers was Scott and I.

So after finishing off and finalizing every bits and pieces of our dorm room, it finally came to the end.

It finally came for the time for Dad and Sam to drive to the airport.

Dad called Sam to leave Riley's room, and he came out after a minute or so.

The three of us walked out to the front, where Dad's car was already parked with the engine running, ready to go.

"Are you guys all ready to go?" I asked.

I saw Scott running up the sidewalks in his jean shorts and dark red sweater, looking goofy as usual. Until he stopped to join our goodbyes.

Sam didn't reply, but Dad smiled and responded, "We are. But I don't think your little brother is happy about you studying here."

I sighed sarcastically, saying, "Sigh. And you can't think about my feelings. I'm the one who has to study in an entirely different country and have the torture of missing my dear little brother."

He put on a gag face, which made me laugh, and rub his head.

I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck and slightly bending the upper half of my body to reach his level. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I could feel him smiling.

I continued, while still holding on to him, "You guys seriously should've gotten a better ticket date. I wanted to drop you off at the airport."

"Sweetie," Dad replied. "We were lucky enough to even get this ticket at this time. Your brother starts 6th grade in three days. Tell me that's not a tight schedule."

Sam pulled away from me, then went up to hug Scott. I made eye contact with Dad, who was waiting for me to hug him, and that's when I began tearing up. I just realized that we were going to be halfway around the world from each other, and the next time I would see him would be in four months or so.

Dad pulled me into a hug and started, "Be good. Study well and no boy problems."

We pulled away from each other, and after I wiped the tears rolling down my face, I cued a thumbs up at him.

Sam tugged onto my shirt again and said, "Don't be too sad about your ancient boyfriend. I'm sure the two of you will find each other again."

I smiled, but also cried at the same time, immediately thinking about Robby.

And his remark on saying ancient boyfriend made me chuckle.

Scott then hugged Dad, and then we said our final goodbyes. Before I knew it, they were getting into their cars.

Before they drove off, they waved at us and we waved back one last time.

"Don't forget to call!" I exclaimed.

"No worries about that," they said in unison. Then after a few seconds, Dad added, "Don't kill each other."

"I'll try," I mouthed.

They smiled, and then with one last wave, they drove off, driving directly towards the airport.

Scott sighed, putting his hands in his front pockets, "You gonna be okay little sis?"

I nodded, "I chose to live with you guys. And I don't think I could've made a better decision. So I'll be fine."

"Good," He sat patting my back. "I don't think I can be lovey dovey with you any longer. It's making me wanna..."

"Can you be a decent brother for, oh I don't know, more than ten seconds?"

He shrugged, "Isn't that the point of having an older brother?"

He squeezed my nose and I pouted my mouth at him, stepping back.

Then we turned around, and at the perfect moment, Riley came up, walking down the three step stairs, with a puzzled face.

"What's up?" I started.

"My roommate isn't here yet," He replied, simply.

"Dude. The move-in and registration was like three hours ago. How is he not here?" Scott asked.

"No idea," He replied, with a shrug. "Are all American guys like this?"

"American guys?" Scott asked.

Riley nodded, "Well... He is an American."

"Nice," Scott and I said in unison.

Then Scott snickered, "Well, I gotta get back to my dorm. Have fun freshies."

Scott began running back to his dorm building, so Riley and I just waved at him. So that left us standing in front of the doors of our dorm building.

He sighed, beginning, "So, you haven't told me specifically about this time travel thing of yours."

I walked up the step, right next to him, patting his shoulders, "Oh, it's long dude. You're lucky that your dorm room is right across from us. That means I can bother you all day, all night.

He stared at me, very blankly, "I think I made the right decision to stop liking you."

We began going into the building together when he stopped in the middle of the hallway. I stopped with him, looking at him, with a puzzled face.

"Speaking of liking. While I was arranging and decorating my room, your bloody brother took my diary and glued it to the top edge of the window of the hallway. It is literally stuck there and it is highly impossible to get out."

Riley had a diary?

That was new.

"You have a diary?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Not the point."

--


I went back to my room, seeing Amanda and Ally at their beds, in their corners. I smiled when coming on, so I sat on my bed, trying to find something from my drawer that would take Riley's diary that glue to the top of the window.

"I have an announcement to make," Ally began. I met eyes with Amanda, who narrowed her eyes at me, but Ally walked towards the middle of the room, so that's where Amanda and I began walking towards the middle with her.

Ally stood in front of us, then smiled, clapping her hands once, "I had to say this after all the adults were gone... Because it's a bit explicit."

Amanda and I looked at each other, beginning to worry as she continued, "So I have this boyfriend who goes to the same school, as in The University of Cambridge, but he lives in a completely different dorm hall way across the street, which is like in a totally different world for me. But we absolutely love and adore each other to death. So I wanted to tell you guys that he will be coming to our dorm a lot because a lookout person of my mother's lives in this particular dorm, so I can't go over to his dorm because she would suspect and totally tell my mom, so we decided that he should come here and have the doors locked in the process. And the most important thing to know is that we make love, a lot, and it's perfect that you guys know Riley, so you can go to his dorm from time to time while my boyfriend and I are in here."

I stared at her with an extremely blank stare, and Amanda widened her eyes at her, with a very blank stare as well.

How the heck do you respond to that?

She said those words in a huge, British slur, which left me shocked, and sad that I had her for a roommate.

She clapped her hands again, giving us a look of curiosity as we continued to stare at her in completely awe. She asked, slowly, "Is... That... Alright?"

Amanda blinked a variety of times, blowing a breath, "I need an RA,"

She needs an RA?

We were having a sex addict for a roommate, and all she wanted was a room assistant?

"I need the ER."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa. A lot of comments. So I posted like I promise.

And to get the final and very last chapter of Two Worlds, I would really love to see your lovely comments before I post the next one.

Thanks to: feedmetothewolves;, cuteself22, DreamxWriter, claire...xx, greenhampters676, bff.till.life, misery_writer925, randomkid667 for all the lovely comments.

Much love, kissssssessss <3