Two Worlds

The Trip

"I think we should go to London... My history teacher is always lecturing about it so I wanna take a look." Scott started as he sat down at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

It was Wednesday and Scott had come back home because his school was closed for a week due to renovations for the fire that happened.

Dad sighed, "Marc... Do you know what days I work?"

"Everyday except Monday?"

Dad nodded, "And how do you expect me to go on the weekend?"

Scott laughed, "Well... Dad. You don't have to go. I just got my license and I was planning to take a trip with Spencer."

Sam whined, "Heyyy! How about me?"

I slightly shook my head and Scott rubbed Sam's head, "Lil' Bro. You don't need to go. We're going for like two days... And we're heading over to somewhere over the night."

Sam frowned then continued, "Fine. I have a soccer match against Berkshire anyway."

"Do you think I can take two friends along? They've been complaining to me that I don't go anywhere." I asked.

Sam shrugged, "I don't see why not. So it's set, right Dad? I can go with Spencer and her friends."

Dad sighed, "Marc, Maddy and her friends going on a two hour trip to London. Is that really going to work?"

Scott then went to tug on Dad's arms, "Dadddddd. When have I never been trustworthy. Ever speeded? Ever got into an accident? Ever got any tickets? I don't think soooo."

Dad sighed, "I guess I can make an exception. But don't go to often... I'm afraid Maddy will follow your example."

I rolled my eyes and sighed... Scott and I winked at each other and shot our fists up, "Yayy! London!"

Everyone looked at different directions then I slightly peaked at the diary in my backpack. I sighed... Why hasn't he wrote for the past two weeks?

Does he not want to see me again?

Friday afternoon rolled by, and Scott had picked Amanda, Riley and I from school. And we had our bags ready to go for two days. After Riley met Scott for a few minutes, they automatically hit it off and started talking about sports and girls.

Amanda, who was sitting in the back with me, started, "We should so go to Buckingham palace. I'm sure you would love to see where Duke Robert lived."

My eyes widened, "Umm yes! We have to go!"

I wondered what the palace now compared to what it looked like when I was there with Duke Robert. I whispered to Amanda, "I want to see his room."

Amanda smirked, "Good luck with that. There are over 775 rooms in that palace... I'm sure it would be impossible just to find which one Duke Robert slept in."

775 Rooms? No wonder why it took ten minutes to get up there.

"Whose Duke Robert?" Scott asked from the driver's seat.

"The nephew of King Edward the Seventh. She's absolutely fascinated by his handsomeness." Amanda replied.

I hit her arm and glared at her. She laughed. I looked over at Riley who made his hands into a fist. I slightly tapped his arms, "You okay?"

He released his fist and sighed, "I'm fine. I just don't like Duke Robert that much."

Amanda nudged her head at him, "What did he do to you?"

"I just don't think he did anything for the country."

"He's a Duke. He's supposed to just sit there. He's not the son of King Edward." Amanda argued. Riley sighed, "I just... don't like the man."

Amanda smirked, "Wasn't King Edward like a decent king?"

"He was the greatest king of all time! No one could ever live up to his level! Not even the Queen today!" Riley exclaimed.

Amanda and I jumped backward and then she sighed, "Whoo... Okay. I'm off this topic, because apparently you are getting waahayy to heated about this."

Talk about getting heated... His eyes were eyes of fury right now. What was up with him?.

When we finally arrived to London, we started walking around and taking pictures.

When we finally got to the Buckingham Palace... I was in shock by how the outside looked. It was absolutely huge, I'll start with that. The color of it was the perfect tone of gray and white combined together. There was a gorgeous garden placed in the front and it was just absolutely perfect. I grabbed Amanda's wrist and nodded, "Let's go... Come on, come on!"

We had bought a personal two and a half hour tour to the palace, and bought a double priced personal tour guide.

I always hated going in groups, those always bored me.

"So spoiled." Riley stated as we were buying the tickets. I shrugged, but Scott laughed, "She's always been like that. Can't join other people..."

Riley laughed and then the two guys walked together and Amanda came up next to me. I pointed at her, "I am so finding Duke Robert's room."

"If you can." She joked.

As our tour guide, Tori, showed us around the palace... I was even more fascinated than what I saw... in history.

The carvings in the wall, the gold on the ceilings, the artwork around the palace, the decorations ... absolutely incredible. I went next to Tori and started asking, "Do you know Duke Robert?"

"Duke Robert?"

"Hmm... The nephew of King Edward the seventh."

"Ah, I know King Edward... but Duke Robert. I must say, King Edward did have many nephews and nieces, so Duke Robert..." She looked at me and smiled, "You must love history... Mostly the nephews of King Edward the seventh are not entirely known."

I slightly laughed, "Something like that."

Scott nudged me and gave me a questioning look. I shrugged and pouted my mouth at him. After a half and hour of more touring, Tori looked at me and started, "Miss. Anderson. I think I've found the room you're looking for. Duke Robert's, correct?"

"Yeah. How'd you find out?"

"Oh I asked the historians that worked here and they said he stayed in this room."

She showed me to the room and we stood in front of the door. She pointed, "You're in luck. This room is on the lower levels, otherwise... we'd be here for days trying to find Duke Robert's room."

I laughed then entered the room. Scott nudged me and sighed, "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back."

I nodded then he walked off.

** Scott's Point of View **

After fifteen minutes of trying to find the bathroom, I used it then came out seeing Amanda walking towards me. She started, "Man. It was hard finding the bathroom."

I smirked, "Where's Spencer?"

"Madison? She's still admiring Duke Robert's room... She won't get out of it."

I smiled and shook my head.

Spencer's weird today.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever has she EVER been interested in history. She absolutely hates history; Have her pick up a book... and she won't. Pay her to read history, she really won't. So why is she so interested in this Duke Robert dude.

I asked, "So has Spencer been interested in this Duke for a long time?"

"Been interested, yes. I'm surprised because she practically sleeps in history class. But she's so into King Edward's reign, that she's like obsessed. She has Duke Robert's picture in her backpack..."

"It's weird. Like my sister... why she be so into it? I'm just confused."

Then I thought about what Spencer said when she was arguing with dad. About her going back in time by the doorway in the basement.

I mean, I understand she doesn't like the house-- but seeing her interest in this particular time zone, makes me wonder way too much. I mean, why?

But Spencer going back in time by the wall? That's just highly impossible.

Or... is it true? No... It can't be. That's impossible, stuff like that does not work out.

Amanda then began, "Do you think we can go to Berkshire tomorrow before we head back to Somerset?"

"What's in Berkshire?"

"The Royal Burial Ground. Duke Robert's grave is there, so I wanted to show your sister."

I raised my eyebrow at her, "If my sister has a crush on the Duke, wouldn't that be a little harsh showing him his grave?"

"I'm sure she understands that no one can stay until they're 130 years of age."

I slightly laughed then she grabbed my wrist, "Can you? Please. It'll only take a few minutes. It's called the Royal Burial Ground in Berkshire."

"Absolutely not!" I heard Riley's voice yell out from the corridors. He was walking toward us very quickly and Amanda and I looked at each other. He then stood in front of us and repeated, "We are not going to the Royal Burial Ground. I forbid it."

Amanda grabbed his arms and sighed, "What is up with you and your hatred to Duke Robert? He's just another person in history."

"I don't like the man. Okay? And we're not going to the Burial Ground. Absolutely not. I'd rather have Maddy forget about this Duke, rather than her more fascinated than ever."

"Dude... It's just for fun." I stated. Riley looked at me with mad eyes, "I said... no."

Amanda and I looked at each other and slightly nodded. Amanda concluded, "Your lack of reason is making me not want to talk to you."

She walked off, Riley and I met eyes, then I followed Amanda back to where we were.

But still... Why is Spencer so obsessed with this Duke dude?

** End of Point of View **

Saturday evening, we were already on our way home. We had gone clubbing to a bar in downtown London and can I say... it was absolutely fun. But I had the biggest hangover of all time the next morning. Threw up until one in the afternoon, so yeah.. that was our Saturday in London.

So you can guess that we didn't do much on that day.

And Scott had to be back in his dorm by Sunday morning.

So I was sitting in the back of the car with the biggest headache of all time right now. Amanda kept rubbing my back, and I just wanted to puke.

"It's a good thing we didn't go to the Burial Ground. Maybe you'd be more sick seeing Duke Robert's grave."

That made me even more sick.

We had dropped off Riley at his house and only Amanda was left. I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Amanda stayed with me in the back so Scott was left sitting in the driver's seat by himself.

"You gonna make it Spence? You're doing worse than me." Scott asked me.

I didn't say anything, I just groaned.

Only ten minutes... Only ten minutes...

Just then Scott hit the brakes very hard and we all went forward... Going over a huge speed bump and that was it, I puked my brains out.

"Spencee! Sorry siss! I didn't mean to!" Scott exclaimed. Amanda wiped off the puke from my mouth then I sat back. I saw my backpack halfway open and I quickly opened it before my puke expanded to it. The diary was sticking out so I took it out to make sure it was clean.

Amanda asked, "What is that?"

Robby's picture fell out, and I picked it up from the floor. Amanda just looked at me strange and then I threw it in my backpack. I flipped through the book to see if anything was there, but my vision was too blurry to see anything. But I did see four pages.

I decided to hand the book to her... Because my head was banging like insane.

"Can you read it? I have a strange feeling that the fourth entry is in there."

Okay, that was blurted out. But I couldn't handle it anymore... My headache was increasingly growing and I had to read it somehow.

She opened the book and started, "There are only four entries in here. It's a diary?"

I nodded, "What's the fourth entry? Can you read it?"

She looked a bit confused and began reading, "To my dear diary. I will not be implying anything horrid about that girl so I will say anything civil... Since she can read everything. As I begin my journey knowing and understanding her, she is actually a normal human person. Just from many years ahead from me; She also has many of her belongings to prove it. She still fascinates me because of her outrageous costume and how she has much knowledge about... everything. Most woman do not have that type of knowledge so it fascinates me. I am not sure what brought us to meet each other, but I am sure we will meet again. And I hope she will be here after this entry is finished. Sincerely, R.Ed."

There was actually the fourth entry. I wasn't dreaming. I was going to see him soon.

I smiled and laid my head back on the headrest. She looked at me puzzledly, and asked, "What is this? I'm so confused."

Just then... The sharp sound came through my head. That sound of the doorway opening. Oh no, not now.

I was too sick. I didn't want my head hurting any more than this.

I groaned then tapped Scott, "We have to go home, like now."

"We have to drop off Amanda first." He replied. I whined, "Scott... You can drop off Amanda after you drop me off home... This is urgent. I don't want my head to hurt anymore."

"How is going home going to help anything?"

Amanda grabbed my wrists, "It's okay. I can help take care of you. My parents are fine with it."

I leaned against the window and slightly smiled, "I need... To get... To my basement."

The sharp sound got louder and louder, as Amanda was holding onto my arms.

"My car is starting to stink up." Scott stated.

After ten minutes, the sharp sound was seriously killing my head. Scott finally pulled into my driveway, then I grabbed my backpack and then tried walking through the front door. I fell on the steps of the deck, then Scott exclaimed, "Spencer! Spencer! What are you doing?"

I tugged Scott's shirt, "Scott... I have to get to the basement. My head is killing me... Help me, please."

"The basement?"

Amanda came up to the other side of me and started, "What is up with you? Why do you need to go to your basement?"

The sharp sound beeped in my head and I screamed. Scott jumped and grabbed my arms, "Scott! Take me to the basement!"

He jumped and then began carrying me. He went towards the basement and I pointed to the wall. He gave me a puzzled look and I just nodded. When he stood in front of it, I saw the extremely bright light shining through the doorway.

"Put me down."

He did and then I crawled through the doorway.

"What is wrong with you, Spence?" Scott asked. Amanda started, "You're scaring me."

"I'll explain when I come back."

"Come back? From where?" He continued asking.

"I said I'll explain later."

I sat in front of the bright doorway, and turned to look at Scott and Amanda once more... I waved at them smiling then they had the most confused looks on their faces.

I placed my hands on the door and it flipped me over... Back to the palace's library.

My vision was still blurry but I sat down in front of the doorway. I looked around and saw Duke Robert standing there. I started smiling and waved at him, "Hello."

"What took you so long to get here? I wrote that entry like twenty minutes ago."

He bent down to my level and looked at me, "Are you okay?"

I shook my head and leaned against the wall... Making sure my backpack was still over my shoulder. He pulled my bangs out of the way and felt my forehead, "You're not warm. But you look ill."

"Should have not had those drinks last night."

"Drinks? You mean, as in alcohol?"

I slightly nodded and he stood up. "That's outrageous. How can you consume alcohol in your body? You're only eighteen years of age."

"It was with my brother."

I looked at the doorway and then back at him. I pointed at the doorway, "You were waiting?"

He wandered his eyes around and stood up. He coughed, "No. Of course not. I just enjoy writing down here."

I tried standing up but I kind of wobbled. So I got up slowly. When I got up, I felt super dizzy so I lost my balance. I fell forward but Robby grabbed me by the waist. We met eyes and I just wandered my eyes around his face.

So... Freaking... Handsome.

He pulled my hair out of my face while his other hand was still on my waist, "You have the face of an angel, you know?"

"You're not waiting for me?" I asked with a frown. He kind of let go of me but set me on the small table nearby. He held on to my waist as he was standing then started, "I guess I was. I wanted to see you and hear your fascinating stories about the fu...ture."

"Sorry. My brother and my friends were driving here so it took me a while to get here."

"Your breath is horrid... The scent of alcohol is exquisitely strong."

"You talk... so complicated." I stated.

He smiled and shook his head. "Do you know why I took fifteen days without writing?"

"Hmm... I was wondering that. I thought you didn't wanna see me."

He smirked, "It's not that. I was about to write the next day that we departed from each other. But i thought... about the ending of the diary. What happens when I finish writing the entire diary?"

Whoa. His thoughts went very far.

I sighed, "I guess that's the ending of me coming here. There's only one diary that I found in the house."

He looked down and let go of my waist. He sighed, "When I write, you come right after. If I don't write you're not going to be present. If I continue writing, eventually this will all end."

I slightly shrugged, "When it finally ends, I'll get my answer of what those woman want me to help them with and you won't have to see me and my strangeness again."

"I don't want it to end."

I looked up at him and grinned. He just kept looking at me with soft eyes and sighed, "It'd be cool if I could come back in history all the time. But I'm sure stuff like this has to have an ending some day."

He nodded, "I take it you're going to be here for quite some time."

"More than an hour.... That's what I know."

He smiled, "Good... Then you can finally go out and have a view of the palace."

I stood up, "Really?!" Then my head got extremely dizzy then I lost my balance again. Robby grabbed me by the waist again but we both fell down on the table... And he fell on top of me. We met eyes again and he didn't get up.

Then I heard someone gasp very loudly from afar then he quickly got up and washed some dirt off of his full uniformed outfit.

I turned around and my eyes went straight towards the woman.

Robby started, "Madison. Meet Elizabeth. One of my servants"

Oh my god.

That ghost.

The ghost.

The ghost in my house.

The ghostly woman who wants me to help her.

Oh my god.