Status: Don't be a silent reader!! :)

Stunning Love, Surprising Life

Shining Silver

I caught the bus home and went straight to my room and pulled out my shiny silver flute. Music was my passion, it always had been, even before that happened.

The piece that I had been studying at the time was a classical piece, but the way it sounded was very sad. It was mournful and suited me perfectly, I connected with the piece and I felt as if it described me.

To say at the least, I adored that piece.

I pulled the instrument up to my face and blew across the mouthpiece as the sorrowful notes poured from the end of the flute. It comforted me, and all too soon the song was over.

I never did my homework or assignments. I was a straight A student before it happened but after, I just didn’t see the point anymore. I dropped netball as well; the only things I ever had any energy for were playing my flute and shopping.

I cleaned and packed away my flute before grabbing my shoes and a cardigan and heading out the door leaving my parents’ question “Where are you going?” unanswered.

Straight out the door, with no reply. That’s how I did it these days.

I walked down the road to the park on the corner. This was my favourite place in the world. There was this one spot where it was just magical. That was the only word I had for it.

Magic.

Behind the park was this creek; crystal clear with smooth pebbles surrounding it. These pebbles were all different colours and I often collected the ones that I thought were the prettiest. One day when I was doing just that; I spotted this stone that had a zebra pattern running all over it. I walked over to collect the stone and add it to my collection and spotted a place where the creek branched off under some shrubs that I had never noticed before. I walked around the shrubs to find an emerald haven. The clear water running through the middle of it and a really old tree hanging right over the bank. There were wild flowers everywhere and the entire place was green.

I climbed the short distance to the tree and leaned my back up against the trunk and let my feet dip into the freezing water, letting my mind wander away from my horrible life.

I had tried cutting once but all it did was hurt and it didn’t seem to help like others said it did.

So now I just resorted to staying within the walls of myself. It was my life, and no one could change that.

~~~

I must have drifted off because, next think I know, a bird is basically chirping in my ear and it’s a lot darker than it was before.

I hurry out of my sanctuary and back up the road to my house. I walk in the door to find my parents screaming at each other. This wasn’t uncommon so I just averted my eyes and wandered up to my room and fell asleep because I knew that once again I wouldn’t be getting dinner.

~~~

School. Always a nightmare but unfortunately is a necessity.

I dressed in some denim shorts and a creamy coloured shirt that was long enough that it only showed half of my shorts, with a pair of brown ankle length boots, a cloth flower pinned in my hair and a long, gold owl necklace to finish off.

I walked out the door, again ignoring my parents’ goodbyes and again skipping breakfast; I didn't eat much these days.

I got on the bus and took one of the many empty seats near the back, away from everyone. I switched on my iPod and stared out the window humming along softly with the tunes that were coming from my earphones.

Soon enough we pulled up to school and I grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and wandered out of the bus.

In the corridors, everyone was hugging and kissing as if it had been years since they had last seen each other.

Two days really isn’t that long.

I walked over to my locker, the heels of my boots, clicking on the cheap linoleum floor. I grabbed the few books I needed for the day and swapped them for the ones I had taken home last night. I was about close the locker when I felt eyes on my back. I looked around to find the green-eyed boy staring at me.

I quickly grabbed my black Ray-bans from the bottom of my locker, slipped them on and shuffled off to home room, not wanting anything to do with him.

~~~

#Chase#

“Dude? What are you doing?” Michael was waving a hand in front of my face as I stared after that fascinating girl with the red hair. Tasha.

“Ha-ha! He’s whipped man. And by the looks of it; Natasha is the one to blame.” Josh replied shortly after.

I got a few shoves before I registered that they were talking about me.

“Wait, what? I’m not whipped!” I replied almost frantically “I only met Tasha yesterday!”

“Oh, I see.” Smirked Shay “It’s ‘Tasha’ now is it?”

“You guys are all dicks.” I gave them all a shove, walking towards homeroom with the three of them in tow. I decided to do as she requested and ask my friends about her

“What’s her deal anyways? Why’s she so quiet… distant… antisocial?” I turned to Michael; he always seemed to know what was going on.

“Dunno. She just kind of stopped interacting with people about a year ago. There’s a whole bunch of different stories going around as to why she stopped being social. One of her parents died, a bad breakup, she turned gay… the list goes on.” He replied “If you ask me, I’m betting on the bad breakup, she always had a few too many bruises for my liking and she has a particular dislike for interacting with guys. But, nobody knows, she hasn’t told anyone what happened to her.”

We eventually split up to go to our homerooms, but my mind strayed to what could have happened to this stunning girl to make her act so strange.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been almost two weeks since i have updated this. I'M SORRY!!
not many people are reading this so i'm hoping to gains some new readers with this chapter...
comments and subscribers are always nice. just saying.

xxMorgan