The Mess I Made

Chapter Thirteen

Sam and I sat around the precinct, looking around at the numerous detectives surrounding us. Mom and Elliot weren't anywhere to be found, and Cragen's door was wide open. I knew where I was allowed and where I wasn't, so trying to find the two would certainly get me in trouble.

A man burst through the doors, being held by Munch and Tutuola, and I recognized him to be my father. Cragen came out of his office and led me and Sam into it, shutting the door behind us and closing the blinds in front of his window.

"You girls don't need to see that. Especially you, Cheyenne."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair frustatedly. Why the hell did everyone try to protect me--us even? We weren't five, we were concious of the fact that there were bad people in the world. Cragen sat back at his desk, shuffling through court papers, and Sam sat directly across from him in a leather chair.

I threw open the door without hesitation, and walked into the squadroom, pushing past Munch and Tutuola, and looked at the man in the interrogation room. Stabler gave me a pointed look and Cragen jogged up to where we were, looking at me pissed.

"I told you to stay in the office!"

"And I didn't listen," I shrugged, turning my gaze to the actions behind the one-way glass.

Sam walked up, along with the other two detectives, and ADA Casey Novak. "What have we got?"

"Jaxon Turner, the man we've been waiting to get in custody for about sixteen years."

The blond woman's eyes widened, and she sucked in a breath as she glanced at me. "Olivia's attacker?"

"Yes," Munch growled, looking at her through his glasses.

Olivia handcuffed my Dadthe perp to the table, and straightened herself out.

"Is this really necessary, Liv?" He asked, giving her a smile.

"You tell me," She hissed, venom dripping into her voice. "Is that what the girls asked you when you tied them up?"

"What happened to your partner?"

"He said you were too afraid to talk to him."

Elliot smirked.

"The little kiddie couldn't even stand up to you."

"Oh, but you can?"

"Hell yeah, look how long it took you to come back."

She laughed, getting eye-level with him. "Huh. You think I'm afraid of you, Jaxon?"

And then slapped him.

"What the hell was that? What she doing?" Cragen asked, looking at Elliot.

"Ah, he's an angry rapist. She's just trying to rile him up."

"Well, she better rile herself down or I'm taking her out."

"Is that how you get off?" Jaxon yelled. "You like your men in chains?"

She leaned over the table, and glared at him, hurt flashing in her eyes at the probable flashback. "You like your woman at knifepoint? Those big boys in prison are gonna love your pussy pervent ass up there."

He grabbed her wrist, and she yanked back, but he kept his hold. "Ah, I get it. I get it now. You got a thing for perverts. That why you do sex crimes? Someone..diddle you when you were a kid?"

She threw his head against the table, pulling the chair out from under him. "You bastard! Tell me you raped him! Just like you raped them, you raped me! Tell me! Didn't you?! Huh?! Huh?! Right?! You raped them!"

"Right?!!" She yelled as she kicked him over and over.

"Ugh, please, I did it! Yes, yes!" He got out, barely able to breathe.

Cragen threw open the door, and wrapped his arms around Olivia. "Get off! That's enough!"

"Get off me!" Olivia yelled, walking out of the room as Cragen did and Elliot went in.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"Got a confession, didn't we?" She asked, dryly.

"And what part of that do you think will stand up in court? A five-year-old could have done a better job!"

"Oh, yeah? Then go hire one."

"I have had it with your crap," Cragen muttered as she turned away, prepared to stalk off and leave us. He grabbed her arm, glaring at her. "We are not finished yet."

She yanked back, glowering at him. "You get your hands off of me."

"Go home. Now."

"Come on, girls," Mom called, looking at us.

"No, they stay here. You go. Now."

"Fuck you, Cragen," She spat, walking out after grabbing her jacket.

I swallowed hard, and looked at Sam. I'd never seen her act like this before, and that's what scared me. She never snapped at suspects, not like this. But it was because she was affected personally.

"Girls, I'll take you home," Tutuola said, grabbing his jacket.

I shook my head. "No, I'm staying."

I took a look at Jaxon, and sighed. "I want to talk to him."

"Are you fucking insane?" Sam hissed, raising her eyebrows.

"I need to know why."

"She's officially lost it."

"Cheyenne, back to the squadroom. Samantha--Sam--Casey can bring you to her place."

"Casey's a stick in the mud," Sam muttered, turning away.

"I take that offensive," Casey said, following her.

"So?"

Despite everything, I laughed. Until I saw who walked through the doors. Coach. Oh, great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (:
Proud of thid one