Status: I am working on it, hope you enjoy this.

The Glass Heart

Chapter 2

"Promise me that you will call me when you reach London and that new school!" My mother was clinging to me like a baby to its mom, but I guess she had the right. I was leaving Illinois for a whole year. I was a witch, the only in the family, and the school I attended to control my witchcraft had a very low curriculum and I wanted a higher standard, so my school got me into a school in England called Hogwarts.

"Mom, relax, I will call you, I swear," I smiled at my mother, she was reluctant to return one.

"First Class passengers will board now!: the lady said over a microphone. It was time for me to leave my mom, I had to board with my class. I saw the tears form in her eyes, I didn't want her to cry, if she did, then I would cry too eventually.

"Oh, Elise, I'm going to miss you! We can send letters, call each other, oh this will be almost impossible! It will be just me and Zachary!" My mom cried. Zak was my 17 year old brother, I was 2 years younger than him.

"Mom, we won't lose contact, I promise, I love you!" I sniffed, she was starting to make me cry. We threw our arms around each other, savoring our last moments together. We released each other, gave a kiss, and I boarded a plane to my future.

I really didn't want to linger around my mother for too long or I would make the decision to not leave and stay with her and Zak. But that wouldn't be what my Dad would have wanted. He would have wanted me to do this. My dad had died 3 years ago of a brain tumor. I wasn't necessarily close to him; he had abandoned me and Zak and created a monster. He left when I was 2 and returned when I was 12. But I did learn right before he died, that he loved me and my brother, he had just been too crazy and scared to admit it.

"Enjoy your flight, miss," the flight attendent said cheerfully, taking me out of my daydream thoughts.

I smiled without emotion back at her. In my mind I was thing, "Back off, your fake, so screw off!" She didn't seem to be a real person.

I threw my carry-on above my seat and plopped down my window seat. No body sat next to me, figures, the girl with the wand gets to sit by herself.

Soon, the whole plane was boarded and in the air. I was emailing my brother from my laptop.

Me: How's mom doin?

Zak: She's going through your baby photos XD

Me: -_- screw you

Zak: Whaaat? It was ur decision anyway!

Me: Being the only witch in the family, would expect so!

Zak: Lol, true

Me: is she like , crying or having a breakdown?

Zak: Trust me, you would know if she was.

Me: lol, whatever just keep her happy. I'm takin my pills and sleeping <3 you

Zak: nighty night

My mom had given me sleeping pills, probably not the best parenting skills or choice, but I did accept them. Only a complete moron would sit through a flight from Illinois to London, England.

I swallowed the drugs, shrugged off the look I was getting from the people the other isles and put my Ipod earbuds into my ears and blasted my tunes. I was pretty sure I was disrupting others, but I didn't really care. My eyes closed and after a short period of time, I was asleep, and dreaming of my new life.

~~~~~~

I was awoken by the sudden touch of the airplane to the ground. I practically jumped out of my seat, the sudden touch of the gravel, rumbling beneath the wheels of the enormous aircraft. The excitement was enough to make me jump in surprise. What made me jump even more was that, there, sitting next to me was a well-dressed, handsome guy sitting next to me, and watching me very closely.

I pulled my earbuds out, "Oh, my god, you scared the crap outta me!" I said.

The guy crossed his legs and laughed at me, "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie and don't worry, I'm not a pervert, I'm gay!" he had a British accent.

"Oh, it's nice to know, I'm not going to get raped on an airplane!" I laughed nervously. The guy just laughed again, his laugh was almost like music, it was a laugh that could make you smile.

The guy extended his hand, "I'm Rhett Johnson, and I couldn't help to notice your wand in your jacket pocket," he sounded almost like Sherlock Holmes.

I shook his hand, "I'm Elise, and no that isn't a wand, it's a wooden pen, my dad gave it to me before he died,"

Rhett snorted, "Oh, honey relax, I have one too! I'm a wizard silly!"

I shifted my weight awkwardly, "Oh,"

"So, are you going to Hogwarts? I've never seen you before! Where are you from? What year are you?" Rhett asked curiously, he sounded like a small child, eager to discover the world.

"Um, yeah. I'm new, I'm going to Hogwarts and I guess you could say I'm in my 5th year." I replied, things were getting less awkward.

Rhett snorted, "Well, I knew that you were a newbie! You're American! And I'm a 5th year too!"

The plane finally came to a stop and people started climbing to get their things. Rhett and I were faster than all of them, we got our stuff and got off that plane as soon as possible. It seemed that Rhett and I were both on the same page for our opinions on flying. It was a hell on Earth, or basically, in the air.

After about an hour and a half of the regular crap that no one enjoys. But in the time that Rhett and I were together, I had gotten to know him:

1. He was a very proud gay
2. His Mom loved him for being gay
3. His dad was struggling with the fact that his son was gay
4. His favorite color was lavender
5. His favorite movie was, "Gone With the Wind, " which was very ironic
6. His favorite thing to do was to do crossword puzzles

There was so many things that completed him to be him, those were my favorite ones.

When Rhett and I were out of the airport, we called for a taxi and headed straight for the London train station.

I was finally off to Hogwarts.