Status: I am working on it, hope you enjoy this.

The Glass Heart

Chapter 4

On the rest of the way to Hogwarts, Rhett was asking me about my old Witchcraft and Wizardry School. There really wasn’t much to tell, I mean my old school was a basic copy off of Hogwarts, which was totally pathetic how America can’t even be original. My school just had lower standards; we even had the same houses, which made Rhett happy to know that I was in the same house as him, Gryffindor. I wasn’t on the Quidditch teams, no magic-chess club, all I was to my school was an academic scholar and to be able to perform that material.

By the time I had told Rhett about my past life, we had arrived at our new home. It felt terrifying to know that millions of other students were now a part of my family, and only false move could ruin my first impression on them.
Rhett and I were outside of the train when all of sudden, Rhett pulled me closer to him,

“Elise,” he whispered in my ear, “you see those 3 kids up there,” I nodded, “That’s Harry Potter and his friends, they saved Hogwarts from You-Know-Who supposedly last year.”

“I knew that, Rhett, in America, we studied him for like 2 weeks then moved on to You-Know-Who for the rest of the year,” I said Rhett looked astonished, his mouth hanging wide open, as if he was expecting food like a little hungry baby. I laughed at him.

We got into the closest self-drawn carriage that had nothing at all pulling it, and we were off to the castle. It looked really eerie from a distance but at the same time, it felt heart-warming. It reminded me of Frankenstein’s Castle or maybe medieval times, either way, it was enormous. My old school wasn’t traditional like the others, it was modern. It was basically a mansion in the middle of New York, kind of like the X-men Mansion. There were about 1 thousand kids attending at that school in America, here, it could almost be close to 1 million, or more.

All the students on the train, including Rhett and I, walked through the castle until we reached a candle-lit hall. There were students already seated waiting, patiently for dinner. Some were chatting, some were reconnecting with old friends, and some were casting spells at the floating lights. It was like New York City, so much energy, so rambunctious.
I felt Rhett tug on my arm and I followed him as we found a couple of empty seats at one table where kids were staring a whispering to each other, they somehow knew I was different. I felt my cheeks get warm, knowing that I must have been looking like hell or something, with my hair covering my face. I was so nervous.

“Hey, Elise, sit down,” Rhett smiled at me. I sat down, feeling the butterflies flying around my whole body. I didn’t know why, but everything seemed so much bigger to me. I was no longer in America where things seemed simple. But now, I was surrounded by people who had different traditions, a different culture. I was almost scared for my own pitiful life, but I had to remind myself that my father would have told me to man up, and not to be scared. So I sucked in some air, and tried to be unafraid.

All of a sudden, an elderly man stood up and walked to a podium he had some type of presence that made the whole room go silent without making a single sound.

“Welcome to Hogwarts my students, welcome back students who have been here previously years, and welcome to new students, welcome to your home,” The man said, “I am Professor Dumbledore, your Headmaster and I am pleased to see all of you here today. The first year students have already been sorted, so let’s eat!” Dumbledore clapped his hands and there before all the students, was a long table filled with food for as long as the eyes could see.

“Dig in!” Rhett said to me, as he grabbed a whole bunch of mashed potatoes and slammed them onto his plate. I laughed at him, he may have been gay but he was still very much, a guy.

After about an hour of eating amazing food and talking to people in the Great Hall, or what the kids called it, Dumbledore made all the students sing the school song and sent each and everyone of them to their common rooms for bed. Rhett and I followed our House Boy and Girl sleepily. It was not too long before we both were passed out in our beds.