Status: Let me know what you think! Comments are much appreciated(:

Trapped

Time For A Change

Much like his older brother, Brent Haner was a smooth-talker with more than enough charm to go around. He could convince even the most stubborn of people to do something they wouldn't normally do. All he had to do was bat his eyes and look pretty and most people were sold. He was like Brian in so many ways, only a lot nicer and more easy-going. Brian Haner Jr could be an ass, but Brent was the one you could rely on no matter what. That's why he was one of my best friends growing up.

While we were hanging out at his house the other day, he reminded me that his brother's birthday was coming up in less than a month, not that I didn't already know that, and out of nowhere, he suggested that I make an appearance at Brian's party. July 7th was nearly a month away and just the thought of showing up to an event I hadn't been present for in nearly a decade made me queasy. Still, for some unknown reason, I agreed to Brent's suggestion. I guess I couldn't possibly hide from people for forever. Not only that but I honestly missed my brother. Matt and I were once super close — it was only natural for me to want that again. If coming out of hiding would make that possible, then I'd do it. I couldn't just let another birthday slip through my fingers again. I was 25 years old; it's about time I stop running from life and embrace it the best way I know how . . . Head-on.

That's why I allowed the younger Haner brother to talk me into changing a few things in my life. I trusted him almost completely, and I knew he wouldn't have me do something unless it was for my own good. That doesn't mean I was any less nervous, though. I was practically terrified of what people would think and say when they saw me.

With Brent's help and the help of Johnny and Jimmy also, the first two weeks went by in a blur. They took me out in public and got me used to people as a sort of way to prepare me for the party. I was persuaded to talk, smile, and laugh with complete strangers when I normally wouldn't do such a thing. My love for them seemed to grow the better I felt about myself. I could feel those strings forming into bonds once again, and I loved it. I was coming out of my shell faster than I thought possible, but I couldn't complain. I was . . . Happy.

With a week left before Brian's birthday, Brent brought in the big guns; the girls. He brought Leana, Jenna, and the girls from the diner in to continue his plans in a different way. With their help, my
physical appearance began to change. No more were the features I couldn't stand. I could happily say goodbye to the dark hair and the horrible contacts that TJ forced me to have. Day by day, I began to look more like the girl I once was, smile included.

My hair was blonde once again, causing me the California girl in me to jump for joy. Being a Cali native, I was born to be blonde; though it wasn't my natural color. Some girls can rock the darker hair, but I much prefer the lighter color. Not to mention the blonde color makes my eyes pop more.

After that was accomplished, I was dragged to Kaysie's boyfriend's tattoo shop, where I got my Monroe piercing done again and also my lip pierced. I pierced my tongue and then my belly button before I asked Kaysie's man, Danger, to touch up my tattoos.

"Kymmeh," Sasha exclaimed, sounding shocked. "I didn't know yeh had any ink on yeh skin!"

Grinning at her from the tattoo chair, I began to roll the bottoms of my pants up to show her the tattoos I hadn't shown to anyone else in a long time. My favorite one was the colorful peacock on the lower part of my left leg. On the opposite leg in about the same spot was a sword with rose designs around it that altogether looked really cool. Above the sword before my knee was a round mirror-like design with a zombie-looking version of my face in it. Around the thigh of my left leg was a lace garter band , but no one saw that one until I traded my jeans in for a pair of shorts so he could see all of my tattoos.

"Shit, Kymber," Lauren muttered. "I was surprised to find out you had piercings, but I'm utterly shocked that you have so many tattoos."

"Yeah, TJ didn't like them, so I kept them pretty well hidden most of the time." I replied. "He thought they were not only tacky, but trashy, too."

Leana rolled her eyes as she sat down in the chair near me. "I like them, Kymberlie. They're far from being tacky or trashy in my opinion."

"Actually, they're pretty bad-ass." Kaysie interjected. "Not many girls can pull off leg tats."

"Thanks," I grinned. "I got them during my rebellious stage, so some of them might seem pointless, but I regret none of them. I eventually want to get more when I can afford it."

"What are you planning to get?" Shelby wondered, intrigued by my plans.

"I was thinking of getting a couple roses here," I pointed to my right shoulder. "Then, I want my knuckles tat'd with something cool, but I'm not sure what yet. And I was thinking of getting my sides done, too." I shrugged. "I don't know. Whatever catches my attention, I guess."

"You're such a mystery," Jenna giggled.

Image


Before I knew it, it was July 7th, and I was being forced to sit in a chair so Lauren and Kaysie could do my hair. Shelby and Sasha were also here to help me get ready for the party while Jenna and Leana weren't able to. They were getting ready with the other girls involved with Avenged Sevenfold to avoid any suspicions. I was still a secret to almost everyone, or at least I am for the next several hours, which is why all of us were taking each and every precaution until then.

Kaysie and Lauren in the process of rolling my hair with big rollers to make it wavy while the other two were gathering up any makeup or beauty products they wanted to use on me. My dress and shoes were on the bed alongside the gift I was bringing Brian. It wasn't much, just a little something Brent picked up for me to give him; I think it was a shirt or something, but I wasn't exactly paying attention when Brent told me. I was too preoccupied with the nervous butterflies fluttering around in my stomach to really focus on any one thing.

Lauren smiled at me in the mirror as she continued to roll my hair. "Nervous?"

I sighed, "Very."

"Don't be," Shelby replied, coming into the room with a handful of hair products in her arms. "You'll be fine, hun."

"She'll be more than fine." Kaysie muttered, helping Lauren finish up my hair. "She's going to be smoking hot!"

"All eyes are going to be on you, girl."

"That's what I'm afraid of." I groaned. "I don't want them to just stand there and stare at me. That would be awkward and uncomfortable, and I don't want that."

"I doubt that would happen, Kymber." Lauren muttered, leaning against the counter in front of me. "I'm sure they'll be shocked to see you, but they're not going to just blatantly stare at you."

"Lauren's right, Kymmie. It's a party. People are going to be smoking, drinking, and just having a good time. Most of them are going to be too distracted to pay you any attention, so you'll be perfectly fine. Besides, the only people that matter are the ones you already know." Shelby told me from her new spot on the floor. "You'll be fine."

"Yeh bettah have fun, too!" Sasha ordered as she walked into the room with a big brown paper bag. "I got yeh some JD ta bring wif yeh."

She set the bag down on the vanity behind me and then placed herself on the bed, narrowly missing my dress and shoes by about an inch.

"Shit, it's almost seven!" Lauren groaned, looking down at her phone. "We better get started on your makeup."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kymberlin's Tats