This Superhero Is a Chick?

I think logically!

Irritation was flooding through my entire body, I rested my forehead against the cold reflective surface before I spoke out looking into the mirror at the boys behind me. “Who knows? How many people?” I asked in a surprisingly calm voice.

From my view in the mirror my question seemed to take all of the boys off guard. But the one who answered was on my left closest to me and plastered against the wall staring at me as if I were about to cause him physical harm. “Ummmm well j-just us.” His deep husky voice seemed to fit his easily spotted jock appearance. He was maybe 5’10 not to much taller then me but still taller. He had a short thinly cut Brown and blond streaked Mohawk maybe only able to stand at 2 inches high. He had dark brown eyes that stared towards me as if I were a freak of nature. I was after all.

I turned my head towards him slowly pulling away from the mirror and giving him a doubtful look, “Only you guys.” I turned around and brought one of my hands to my temples and sighed in frustration, “So…none of you have told anyone else I’m a girl? And why do I find that extremely difficult to believe.”

“It’s true!” A different guy, particularly the one I was choking spoke out quickly, “We haven’t told anyone.” He was a bit on the skinny side, but also not in a bad way. His black hair was slicked back say for a couple of stray strands. His eyes were a cool tinted grey with a spec of gold in them.

I took a deep breath and flicked my head a little moving my hair from my eyes, “Why?” My voice came out a little harsh. But I wasn’t able to stop it.

This time the tallest guy spoke first that I noticed earlier, “Well…who would believe us anyways? Xros being a girl I mean. Seriously dud-err I mean Xros we never would have known if you didn’t get shot and we…” he trailed off.

I raised an eyebrow slightly, “You…what?”

The last guy spoke up standing a little ways towards my right, “When You got shot, and we didn’t want to be known as the guys who caused Xros to be caught by the police.” Looking at him he had red curly locks that framed his face a little too perfectly. His bright fearful blue eyes stayed locked on me while he stood near the door ready to bolt at any moment.

An understandable explanation minus one detail, “how?” I kept it simple.

This time I got no answer, the air suddenly seemed to grow extremely uncomfortable and tense as I watched each guy glancing around towards each other. I gulped down not liking this silent conversation going on around me right now knowing that I probably wouldn’t like there answer. But I was a girl if this group of guys knew then I wanted to know how they first found out.

“I…well we switched your shirt with one of ours, and trying to give you more air to breath since we saw everything strapped to you we unbuttoned your vest and.” There was a long pause as I watch all of there eyes direct towards my chest area. “Those kind of just gave it away, despite those bandage things.” The Mohawk dude spoke with a nervous tone.

I put one of my hands on my hips and let my head lull back onto my shoulders, staring up at the ceiling. So these guys were just trying to help me out of a tight situation. If they hadn’t of done it then I’d probably be arrested right now with random scientists trying to pull up experiments on me because of my abnormal abilities. But they said I had gotten shot, I closed my eyes and tried replaying the events that had happened. It took a few minutes to remember everything including the gun guy from the roof earlier that night.

I took a calming breath, slowly opened my eyes, I glanced down towards stomach area covered by the giant shirt. Reaching down I lifted the bottom up a bit ignoring the guys around me and stared down at my newest scar forming just above my hip done. I ran my fingers over the purpling red skin, the skin felt soft under my fingertips like most bruises did. The bullet wound had at some point closed itself off not needing my bandages anymore, but oddly it wasn’t covered at the moment. It normally took a full day to heal a wound like this one.

I pursed my lips, “how long have I been out?”

No answer. Lifting my head up slowly I couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow slightly with amusement clearly evident in my eyes. Each of the four guys across the room were frozen in place, eyes directly drawn towards my flat stomach, one of my many proofs of being a girl; a fit girl at that. But I think in a way they were more focused on my stomach being littered in random scars and bruises some permanent like the bullet wound, and some that’d be gone by either tomorrow or the end of the week. Not to many girls actually had scars like mine littering there body.

“Yo! Eyes are up above my shoulders here guys.” I stated with amusement, after dropping the shirt down.

The guys all seemed to snap out of there little trance and started shifting around a bit uncomfortably. I couldn’t stop the small laugh that had escaped through my lips at there odd behavior. Being known as a girl by these people and actually having them all stare so intently at me was extremely strange, but entertaining as well.

I shook my head a little, “So…anyone gonna to answer my question?”

Tall dude answered, “What question?”

“The question I asked while all of your eyes were glued to my abdomen.” I explained in a teasing sort of tone, “And I asked how long I’ve been here?”

All of the guys seemed to turn a light shade of red from my first comment from catching them. I shook my head rolling my eyes and glanced around the room wondering if anyone was going to answer me. I opened my mouth to speak again only to be cut off by a familiar song that I knew all to well. I glanced down towards myself feeling the speaker of my phone vibrating against my leg from the high volume. I reached into my pocket pulling out my Iphone and frowned in frustration as I glanced towards the guys around me before pressing ‘ignore’. No way in hell would I risk that person knowing about the room filled with guys I was in.

“Who was that?” One of the guys asked.

“no one important.” I lied. Hanging up that phone on that particular woman only meant one thing.

My face paled hearing my phone go off for a second time in less then two minutes. I gulped down uneasily as I stared at his name, feeling my lazy tense stance turn into a straighter more respected one. My Iphone screaming the word ‘Liar!’ over 8 times from BrokeNCYDE’s song Freaxxx. I took a deep breath forgetting everything around me as I cleared my throat picking up my trained respected tone whenever I spoke to this man.

“hello sir.” I spoke clearly in a more girlish tone.

I winced hearing the growl erupt from the other line, “Why is it when your mother calls you she ends up sending me to call you?!” he barked out harshly.

“I’m sorry sir-” I paused for a moment, “I didn’t realize it was her.” I prayed he would believe me.

“mmm…” The silence on the other end of the line caused me to become a bit antsy, “Where are you? You mother informed me you didn’t return home last night, and found your room empty of you. You are not allowed to go out at god knows what time you stay out Tally!” he hissed.

I gulped again nodding my head, “Y-yes sir. I apologize for this. I-I was taking care of some important work at school. O-One of the teachers…they woke me up i-i-in the library, and allowed me to sleep in the nurses office because of my situation at the time.” I lied lied lied through my teeth. And this was why I chose this particular song for my father, because I turned into a compulsive liar.

“What were you working on?” I could hear the suspicion in his voice.

I took a deep breath, “just a project f-for my advanced European history class sir. I thought working in the library with all of the books would help me a lot more.” I pursed my lips with a pleading expression across my face.

“I look forward to seeing your grade on that project then Tally. You had best not be lying to me.”

“No sir I would never do such a thing like that.” I spoke in earnest, trying to hide my shakiness.

“Good! Now get home, it’s past 5 and you have school tomorrow, I will not allow you to sleep through the whole day like you did today. Do you understand me Tally Rodgers!?” In comes the warning full name.

“Yes sir. I’m on my way now, should I expect you home as well?” I asked, hoping the answer was no.

“No I wont be home tonight. Neither will your mother as it is, but I expect you home As soon as possible.” He spoke with authority, and with that he clicked and hung up on me.

I pulled the phone away from my ear, “Love you too dad.” I rolled my eyes in sarcasm.

“You call your dad Sir?” A voice caused me to jump a little.

I glared towards the guy I had attacked earlier, “yes I do.”

“So you go to school?” Tall boy asked.

I froze, shit I had forgotten about my lie in front of these guys, “Yes”

“What school do you go to?”

I narrowed my eyes on him, “Now is that any of your business?” They all silenced themselves. “Is my bike here?” I questioned needing my Ducati.

All of the guys glanced around the room, “No, we didn’t know you had it last night.” Mohawk dude answered for me.

I sighed a bit dramatically realizing my bike was still across the street from the warehouse, “Damn it.” I complained softly.

“Ummm we can like…give you a ride if you want.” One of the boys offered.

I glanced towards him, “you’d give me a ride to my bike?”

All of the guys did a chorus of nods and yes’s causing me to laugh at there eagerness, “ok ok…but first a few questions.” I paused waiting for there attention again, “Where’s my other clothes?” I questioned motioning towards the giant shirt plastered against my skin.

“Oh! I’ll get it! We washed it for you.” The boy I attacked said rushing out of the room.

I glanced at the rest of the guys, “Who are you people?”

Each guy seemed surprised by my question and turned there gaze towards tally boy who looked even more surprised then the two others.

“You don’t know who I am?” he asked incredulously.

“No should I?” I rubbed the back of my neck.

The two guys started snickering in amusement for some reason, “I’m Tray Maris.” He spoke with confidence as if his name would be the answer to everything.

“oooo-kay…you?” I asked referring to Mohawk boy.

His face was still directed towards Tray looking like all he wanted to do was just bust out laughing, “Ah! Babe I love you right now! I’m Chris.”

“Call me babe again, and you’ll wish the thugs from last night killed you.” I growled not liking being referred to as a girl in most ways especially while being dressed as Xros, “See this silver hair, If you see me and Xros’s silver keep all of your ‘babe’ comments to yourself. Kay?” I said in a sort of teasing upbeat tone though my eyes were deadly serious.

He nodded quickly, “Good…and you pretty boy?” I asked turning towards the third guy in the room.

His face seemed to turn a bright shade of red, “Charles!”

I nodded slightly, “And as you all know I am-“ I paused for a dramatic effect and smirked seeing there expectant faces “Xros.” Then bowed out with my arms out stretched in an old fashioned sort of bow. If this was a Japanese anime then all of the guys probably would of just fallen on the floor from the reaction on all of there faces.

“So, your not going to tell us who you actually are? Are you?” Chris asked.

I raised an eyebrow slightly and put on one of Xros’s special smirks seeing his face pale, “No. And besides as far as you guys know I could be the most popular person in your school. I could even be dating one of you and none of you’d ever know.” I grinned at there surprised expression.

“Wait wait wait!” Tray spoke up. I glanced towards him with confusion, “so you really don’t know who I-Tray Maris am?”

Okay creeper ego much, “No. I save a lot of people from thugs like that. Sorry if I don’t remember everyone I save.” I shrug.

The two other guys both tried to keep in there snickering, “I’m Tray Maris!” I nodded still not seeing where he was going with this, “I'm the richest guy in this city, even the world. My father owns every contracting and computer company in the USA!”

I rolled my eyes not really seeing where he was getting at, “And I care becaaaaauuuuuse…” I waved my hand around waiting for him to continue.

‘No jkjkjk lololol
I heart your fucking makeup
Oh my god I love your hair
Is that a new tattoo?
Did that piercing fucking hurt?
No jkjkjk lololol’

I glanced down towards my phone seeing a particularly familiar number and name pop up. I smirked and put my hand up putting my hand up to silence off anything Tray had to say as I answered and cleared my throat taking on Xros’s deep voice. It was like a whole different aura around me as I shoved one of my hands into my pockets and leaned back against the closet mirror tilting my head slightly.

“hey babe!” I spoke huskily.

I could hear the gagged laugh on the other end of the line causing me to grin, “Oh god please tell me you didn’t just call me babe! I may need to hang myself now for that.”

I chuckled, “Awwww but you know if it’s for you I’d save you a million times over babe.”

“Ooooh you must be around people right. Don’t want to give away your fantastical mechanic to anyone else do ya! You’ll ruin my business.”

“You wound me babe I-“

“DON’T START CALLIN ME BABE AGAIN XROS!!! What’s my name?!” She shouted.

I groaned putting my hand to my head again, “I’m sorry ok Avery I’m sorry. Just stop yelling.” Avery Millstone a girl I had randomly rescued on more then 4 different occasions and even ended up causing myself to become her own person bodyguard for 2 months. Tally Rodgers may not have any friends but Xros at least had Avery and a few other people as well. Avery was a tomboy spaz who had officially became Xros’s own person Ducati mechanic.

I heard a triumphant ‘hmph’ on the other line, “Damn right your sorry little boy! Now am I your most favorite person in the whole wide world?!”

I laughed, “What did you do Ave?”

“Well if you can get your hot ass down here I have personally found your favorite little baby. And might I add it seems like you’ve been keeping her in fine condition.” I could hear the sarcasm in her voice, “But I found it across the street from that place you were at last night. Figured you might have been there so I went by today and looked around and wouldn’t you know it I found a special little Ducati up on the highest level of a parking garage.”

I rolled my eyes, “So you have my bike.”

“Of course I have it little boy!” She sounded proud, “It’s in the shop, so come pick it up.”

“Ya ya I can always count on you Ave. I'll come by to pick it up in a bit.” I stated, “See ya.” And with that clicked the end button.

“Who’s Avery?”

“Are you a lesbian?”

“Is she why you don’t find us all attractive?!”

The questions were fired off just as quickly after I hung up and rolled my eyes, “Avery is my personal mechanic. I am NOT a lesbian, sure I flirt with chicks but that’s just to keep Xros’s guy identity away from me being a girl. And if you must know I am actually a gay boy just trapped in a girls body.” I explained answering all of there questions, “And I never said I didn’t find you guys attractive, though your egos and all high-and-mighty attitudes kind of turn me off of you. No offense.”

“None taken.” The only unknown boy spoke, who was holding out my vest, shirt and trench coat for me.

I brightened up seeing the boy with my clothes and quickly took them from him, “Dude your awesome! Thanks!” I grinned sounding just like Avery does when she gets excited, “Oh!” I snapped my fingers quickly and pointed at the boy, “Name?”

He blinked a few times in surprise and smiled a little shyly, “I-I’m Jamie”

I nodded slightly, “It’s nice to meet you Jamie. And-thanks…for my clothes I mean.” I smiled towards him in a bit more kinder way, “And ummm…sorry about you know attacking you.” I could actually feel my face start to heat up as I apologized to him.

“Errrr…i-i-it’s fine really. I guess if I were a superhero l-like you I would of d-done the same thing.” He scratched the back of his head speaking like a scared little kid.

“Your cute.” I said before I could stop myself. The room suddenly went dead silent at my confession as everyone just stared at me. I laughed it off and shrugged, “So…like is there a place I can change or what?” I asked trying to ease the odd air.

“Y-yeah…th-there’s a bathroom right there.” Jamie spoke quickly as he opened another door I didn’t notice and pushed it opened.

I nodded and walked inside taking my clothes with me.

------------------

You ever get that extremely awkward feeling of being in a car filled with guys and you being the only girl. Well ya that was exactly what I was feeling, since I was being forced to sit in the backseat between Tray and Jamie. And let me just tell you this I may normally be ok being surrounded by people ten times my size while dressed as Xros, but this was just a bit uncomfortable. Especially since these guys all knew I was actually a girl and driving me to Avery’s shop. I don’t think anything could make this ride anymore uncomfortable then it already is.

“So like why do you dress up like a dude and save people?” Charles asked suddenly

Spoke to soon. I groaned inwardly, “I think logically.”

I didn’t say anything else thinking that these guys would understand what I was getting at, sadly they didn’t. “What do you mean?” Tray.

I sighed in exasperation, “What is a more likely choice to save the day, The Flash or Cat women? Batman or Wonder woman? Superman or Super girl? The hulk or Viper? In every comic book, action movie, book, thriller, TV show, news broadcast, Internet fights who is always the main news, a guy. Batman could take on Wonder woman and then date her secret identity. Super girl is Superman’s sidekick, Flash could kick Cat woman’s ass plus I like him better. But think about it at the end of the day guys always save the day, now think of it this way. If you were looking for a teenage superhERO would you look for a girl or a guy?” I explained simply.

“Wow. I never would of thought of it like that.” Chris spoke, but kept all attention on the road.

All of the guys nodded in agreement, “So like does this mean your not going to tell us who you really are?” I turned towards Charles with a flat look, “Ya didn’t think so.”

“Turn here.” I ordered seeing the familiar alley and pointed. Chris just nodded and kept driving using all of my directions just as I say them, “By the way, keep my little girl thing a secret. No one BUT you guys knows about it. Understand.”

All of them nodded quickly, “We wont tell a soul Xros.” Jamie spoke quickly.

I grinned towards him, “good. Then I suppose you guys can meet the gang.” I laughed

“Gang?”

“You’ll see.” I stated simply with a knowing smirk.