Status: Working on it...

Everything I Knew

Getting There

I stepped into the Saskatoon airport. I looked around for my Aunt Susie, I was guessing she wouldn’t really recognize me seeing I look completely different than the last time I saw her. I was wearing my favourite leather jacket, a red v-neck, skinny jeans and my black converse. I think the last time I saw her I was in my sparkly faze still...

“JUNE?!” I turned around hearing my Aunt’s voice call me name. As soon as I saw the thirty year old woman with blue steaks in her hair, I knew I had found Susie.

“Hi Aunt Susie.” I said as I walked up to her.

“June, please. Drop the Aunt thing, it makes me sound old.” I laughed with Susie and she helped me with my bags. “So, are you excited?”

“I am. I just can’t believe they have an office out here.” I am in my second year at college and I was selected to do a co-op like deal here in Saskatoon. I am getting my degree in Animation, so you can see my confusion when they sent me here.

* * *

“June!” Susie yelled up the stairs, “I’m going to get some food, wanna come?”

As I started down the stairs I realized something, “Susie? Do you mean you’re going grocery shopping?”

“Yep! Come on kiddo!”

“I’m twenty one.”

“You’re a kid to me.” Susie just shrugged her shoulders as I stuck out my tongue. “How is that supposed to convince me you’re not a kid?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a new one... Let me know what you think :)