Status: Working on it...

Everything I Knew

Safeway

The doors opened to a cute little store called Safeway. I walked in next to my Aunt, not really sure what to expect. It was basically just a grocery store, but I had never heard of the name before in Ottawa.

I looked around at the few people that were in the store as well. I really stood out from these people. Almost everyone was in those polo shirts and the the stripper-like clothes. I looked down at myself and sighed.

“I know exactly what your thinking. June, your clothes are fine. In fact, this town needs an oddball like you around to shake things up a little.” Susie said to me.

I looked at my clothes which consisted of my favourite pair of black skinny jeans, a boat-neck black tee, a red belt to add some colour and of course, my black converse. “If you say so Susie.”

“Okay, so because you eat weird you need to tell me what we need to buy.” I was a vegetarian so I eat a little differently than what most people are used to. “Oh, and are you still making dinner tonight?”

I nodded my head and walked in a different direction to find what I was going to need to cook tonight. Of course I had no idea where anything was so finding things got really hard, really fast.

I was now standing in the dairy section. How I got here, I really don’t know. I looked around me and I didn’t really see anyone. I sighed, finding tofu was proving to be a lot harder than I expected.

I turned down the first aisle that I came to and wondered around. At the other end I saw a guy stacking things on the shelf. I’m going to take a guess, but I think he works here. As I got closer I started to notice what he looked like. He had very short black hair, he was tall and slim. Unfortunately I couldn’t see his face. As I reached him I tapped him on his shoulder.

“Can I help y-” He stopped mid-sentence as he turned and looked at me. His eyes grew wide and his jaw seemed to hang open a little.

Being the self conscious person that I am, I started to worry. Fear most likely showed in my eyes as I blinked and ran away. Luckily, Susie was near by.

“June? What’s wrong?” She looked at me then engulfed me in a huge hug. “You tried to talk to someone, didn’t you?” Susie knew that I had troubles talking to people I didn’t really know, I actually had troubles talking to people I did know. Mix that with a fear of human interaction and you’ve got a messed up girl. That’s me.

“Come on sweetie, I think I got everything anyways. We can just order in tonight instead and watch cheesy romantic comedies.” I smiled at Susie and laughed a little. “I’ll take that as a yes then.”

We walked off to the checkouts and paid for all of our things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well?
What do you people think?