Status: Please read the prequels. Thankyou(:

Right Now Could Last Forever

Alternate Options

“Hey, Samuels,” Krum said as I sat down next to him, facing out towards the water, which was calm and clear.

“Hey,” I said, some-what-awkwardly.

“What’s up?” Krum asked, turning to me.

“Well, I just found out that people think we’re together...” I said, giving a small laugh filled with hardly any humour.

“Oh, yeah; I heard about that,” he said.

“And you’re alright with that?” I asked.

Victor sat and thought about it for a moment, his head cocked to the side.

“Well, I mean; we both know that nothing’s going on, so does it really matter?”

“I just don’t want anyone to get the wrong idea, because I don’t like you in that way, Victor. I mean you’re a great guy and all but,” I trailed off, not wanting to finish my own sentence. “What I’m saying is, it might be better if you find someone else to give your attention to.”

“So, just to get this clear, you want to stop hanging out with me,” Victor said sadly, his eyes watching me.

“I didn’t say that, I just mean that we shouldn’t hang out as much,” I corrected.

There was a silence in which we both stared out over the lake; watching as the wind made small waves break out across the surface. An owl swopped down over the tree tops and I heard its distant hoot. The wind played with the trees of the forest and the rustling was the only thing that broke the silence. A grin spread onto my face as a brilliant idea bloomed in my mind.

“I know someone who you might like though...” I said.

--

On the Saturday before the first task, all students in the third year and above were permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade. Hermione had brewed up a plan to get Harry and Ron to talk, but I didn’t want to be there when it exploded, so instead, I was spending the day with Fred and George.

“So, I told Victor,” I said, while we walked through Honeydukes, picking lollies for a giant bag we were all going to share.

“What’d he say?” George asked curiously, while Fred scooped Sherbet Lemons into our bag.

“He seemed OK with it, a bit disappointed that we can’t hang out as much anymore, but for the rest, all sorted,” I said, shrugging, and shoving my hands into my pockets, as someone opened the door, letting a cold breeze in to the shop. “I gave him an alternate option though.”

“Really?” Fred asked, passing the paper bag over to George, who walked over to a different section of candy flavours. “Who?”

I told them the same name I had told Krum, and there was silence between us for a while.
“That is oddly...” George began.

“Insane?” I offered.

“No, genius; they’d be OK together,” Fred said, giving me a pat on the back.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I’m glad that I hadn’t made Krum chase after the wrong person. We headed to the counter and I paid for our candy.

“At least let us give you some money,” the twins insisted, as we headed to Zonko’s.

“Not a chance; you two need to save every Knut you get, if you want to pay for your half of the shop,” I said, giving them both a light push.

As much as I loved hanging out with Harry, Ron and Hermione, it was nice to hang out with Fred and George once in a while, and given recent events, I’d spent quite a lot of time with them. Their jokes and laughter was a welcome change after all the fighting between Ron and Harry. I’d agreed a while ago to become part owner, and founder, of the joke shop the two had been planning since birth. I felt honoured even, to be let in among the twins’ pride and joy.

No matter the age difference, nothing could deny that Fred and George were two of my best friends. And that I loved them more than anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright; small chapter and a long Author's note; so here we go;
First thing I'd like to say is, sorry. Sorry that I'm becoming slack at updating. I've just grown so accustomed to not writing fanfiction, and I know I owe you guys more than that. So I'll try and write more.
Secondly; I have actually started my own original story, which I hope to finish one day, and not just leave. I was wondering if you guys wanted me to post it? If not, I'll still write it, but I was just interested to see if you guys would maybe want to read it; comment telling me if you would like to read it. I'll put a description on my profile.
Thirdly; I've just had holidays, and I'm starting back on Monday, so I don't know how much time I will have to write, even if I decided I did want to. But we'll see.
OH! And if you guys could go and read my friends story, that'd mean a lot to me, and her. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7673772/1/More_Than_Just_My_Best_Friend
Thanks guys, and I promise the next chapter will be longer and hopefully better!
Comment or Corey won't set you up with someone; like the twins for example *wink wink*
-Juice :D