Status: Semi-Active

Breathe Hope in Me

"Do you really want to test Ellie?"

-Johnny's POV-

Andrea and I got into the car, and I looked at her.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Janelle."

"Don't you DARE say she's mine."

"She is, Johnny."

"I wore a condom, each and everytime. And the few times I didn't, you were on the pill."

"I missed one single pill. A week before we broke up."

"I don't believe you." I said. "I want it tested."

"Johnny! She is. She's your daughter."

I revved the engine and pulled out of the drive way before looking at Drea.

"No, I don't think she is. You were always off whoring around. She's one of their daughters. Not mine. You're just a ho."

"Seriously?" She said. "First I find put Jimmy passes. Then, I try to tell you about OUR daughter and you just ignore it like it isn't obvious!"

"Andrea, you act like Jimmy's death doesn't bother me. You know how much this is killing me! I've fucking been off the wall since I got the call. So don't you fucking act like everything is all fine. You of all people should be torn apart right now!"

"Johnny! I AM! I need you! You don't understand, you never did."

"I'm sorry.." I said as she started to cry.

"No, don't say sorry because you're not."

"Wait, shouldn't you say sorry for cheating on me?!"

"I NEVER CHEATED ON YOU! HE KISSED ME!" She yelled at me. He face was red like an apple and her makeup was smeared.

"Don't yell at me, Andrea."

"Shut up. Just, ugh, shut up, Johnny."

I pulled up at the gas station and walked in, I grabbed a package of her favorite cupcakes and walked to the counter.

"That all for you today?"

"Lemme get a carton of smokes, Marlboro."

The clerk handed me the cigarettes and rang up the cupcake before smiling at me. I nodded once and left, I got into the car.

"How's my princess?" Andrea asked, Val, probably.

I started the car and turned the radio on, quietly music filled the air making the silence less awkward.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you really want to test Ellie?"

I shrugged. "Here ya go," I smiled and threw the cupcakes at her.

"You remembered?"

"Fuck yeah, you used to beat the shit out of Jimmy whenever he'd take your cupcakes.. and then you'd make him go buy more." I chuckled.

She smiled, "Ah, the memories.."

I frowned. "Is she really mine?"

"Yes." She said. "You're the only one I had sex with before I got pregnant."

"So that's why you left?"

"No, I left because you actually thought I cheated on you and I honestly didn't want to fight with you."

"Hmm.."

We pulled into the driveway and I looked at her. She got out and I followed after her.

"Wait." I said.

Andrea stopped and turned around.

"If she's mine," I said. "I want you and her to be safe. I don't want you to leave if she's mine. You won't take her away from me."

"I need a job. I need a house. I can't just live with my parents. Or Spencer."

"I'll figure something out. We'll go get it tested tomorrow?"

"Sure." She said.

We walked into the house and into the den, "Can I have my daughter back now, please Zack?" Andrea asked.

He shook his head, "No, she's mine! I want her."

"Zack, please. I've been away from her for too long."

"You guys have been gone for like fifteen minutes." He said.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked. "I can go pick something up?"

Everyone nodded.

"Pizza?" Zack asked.

"Sure." They said at once.

"I'll pay," Andrea said. "Come on, Johnny." She grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

I stopped her again and looked at her, "Can we bring her? Ellie, I mean?"

"Nikki, put Ellie in her seat, please?" Andrea hollered down to the den.

"Okay."

Andrea walked down the stairs and came back up hauling Ellie's seat.

"I'll take her, she looks heavy." I said, I took her seat and walked out to the car.

"Thanks."

We got into the car and I drove the oppisite way of the Pizza place.

"Uh, Johnny, the pizza place is that way.." Andrea said.

"I know. We're not going to the pizza place." I smirked. "We're going to the beach."

"I'm wearing heels." She said. "I can't go to the beach in my work clothes."

"You can use a pair on my shorts and one of my shirts, I have a few in the trunk."

"What about my daughter?"

"I'll carry her."

"We need sunblock. She's only one month, she'll burn out there."

"Okay, then we'll stop at the store to get her the proper beach wear."

She smirked, "You want her to be yours? Don't you?"

"Well, yeah, of course."

"Well, she is."

I smiled. I looked back and smiled at the carseat, that had my daughter in it. My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Johnny? We're just gonna get delievery."

"Good, cuz we aren't going that way. We're going to the store to get shit for Ellie."

"Okay. Have fun. Daddy." Val giggled.

I hung up and looked back to Andrea. "She's beautiful." I said.

"She is, isn't she?"

I nod and pull into an empty space. Andrea gets out and grabs Ellie. And again, I offer to carry her. Andrea hands me the carseat and grabs a backet. I place the seat in the basket and we walk through the store and stop at the baby stuff.