Status: Semi-Active

Breathe Hope in Me

"What's so funny, miss Sullivan?"

-Andrea's POV-

We stopped in the baby section and Johnny started throwing random baby stuff into the basket. He had a good taste in baby clothes but they were all the wrong sizes.

"Johnny, wait."

"What?"

"You're getting everything too big."

"Really?" He asked. "I thought babies fit into anything?"

"No." I said, shaking my head slightly. I giggled and he cocked an eyebrow.

"What's so funny, Miss Sullivan?"

"The fact you're an idiot." I laughed.

"I'm not an idiot, I'm just not used to being a dad yet."

"Well, I'll teach you. To start with, Ellie is small, she was born little so she wears this size." I say as I pull out a onesie that would fit my small daughter.

"Okay, I'll look for that size then."

Johnny walked off and I walked the other way, I grabbed diapers, a few bottles, some pacifiers and other stuff. When I found Johnny he was looking at furniture, a basinet.

"Where are you staying?"

"I don't know? A hotel?"

"We need to buy her a bed. And a swing. She'll love this!"

"Johnny, put the clothes in the basket, and we need to get sunblock."

"Oh, yeah!"

"Why are we going to the beach?" I ask. "We can't just go to the park?"

"Actually, do you wanna go out to lunch?"

"Uh, sure?" I say.

"Okay. Let's go pay for this shit. Wait, I liked this shirt so we're buying it for her."

He walked over to the clothes and searched for whatever shirt he liked, once he found it he pulled it out and showed me. I smiled at him and he threw it into the basket. We walked up to the check out aisle and the cashier smiled at Johnny, before ringing stuff up.

We took the shit to the car and packed it into the trunk. I put Ellie into the car, Johnny and I got in and drove down the street. He stopped at the small diner and we got out, I grabbed Ellie from her carseat and we walked in together. We sat at a small booth by the window and started talking.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"I accept your apology."

"You don't know how much it killed me, breaking up with you. I regret everything."

"Don't sweat it, Johnny. I came back with our beautiful and healthy daughter for a reason. I'd like to be friends again and maybe sometime in the future we can pick up where we left off."

He took my hands and smiled before kissing my left hand, ever so lightly. I smiled at him. We ordered our lunch and ate. We talked throughout the meal but about nothing much besides Janelle, who was now asleep in my arms. We went back to Matt's and I grabbed Ellie and her diaper bag while Johnny brought in the swing and basinet. I smiled as my three brothers and Johnny tried putting the swing together. They looked at it like it was some death contraction from outter space. After an hour of fussing with the swing all of them except Zack gave up.

"Zacky, give it up." Brian said.

"No. I've almost got it."

"Zack," I said. "Let me help."

"I've got it, Andrea. Thanks, though."

Zack finished setting up the swing and put Ellie in it and swung it back and forth. She giggled and Johnny started to laugh.

---------

I'll update after each comment from now on.