Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

Squirt guns

The two o'clock sun had not yet begun to set as she sprinted after the male.

"She’s gonna get me!" He cried as he ran way ahead of her.

"This is just ‘cause your so tall!" She got close enough and pulled the trigger, getting him in the chest for a moment before he returned fire.

She squeaked in the sudden cold and ran behind a tree.

The grass muffled their foot steps as they both took cover.

Caroline poked her head out on the side, then went back behind the tree only to repeat her actions. She kept the gun face level, pointed up feeling like a James Bond clown fish.

Little did she know, Jimmy was doing the same thing. They did it no nether of them looked at the same time.

Both of them were soaked from a stream of ice water. They looked to see Brian standing on the porch with not one, but two small squirt guns. He smirked knowing he got both of them.

Jimmy and Caroline looked at the ones they had and frowned.

"Run. One...two..." Brian said.
Caroline and Jimmy ran over to each other and he threw her onto his back before he ran around the house.

"Ambush from above!" She yelled just as Brian poured a bucket of cold water on them from a window on the second story.

"Son of a fucking horse!" she cried, just as Jimmy took off.

When six o'clock rolled around, Jimmy and Caroline lay in the mud holding their squirt guns close. It was quiet.

But they knew Brian, and Zacky who had joined were hiding just as they were somewhere. Jimmy would peek up every now and again, just as Brian would.

No one moved. No one spoke.

They ignored the mud that coated their bodies and the cool wind that blew over them. They were all shivering but having to much fun to stop.

Caroline screamed and the guys gasped. Jimmy and Brian were soaked just as they looked up.

Everyone looked around but no one knew where it came from.

Zacky and Caroline looked up next, then got squirted in the face. The water felt like needles due to its temperature.

Any of them could stop this if they wanted to. Difference being they’d probably only let Caroline do it. If she whined or whimpered.

But she had no intention.

She was enjoying this. If anything she was really cold.
Suddenly they were all hit with cold water on their heads. They all looked up to see Matt had set up water gun snipers. His laughter bellowed into the wind.

Game over.

Everyone got out of their mini mud trench and walked to the house. They laughed at each other and then Caroline began to dust off Jimmy. He stood still and let her as the others rolled their eyes and went in the house.

She nodded and Jimmy went in the house, then she wiped some mud of herself before going in and upstairs where she took a shower.

Soon, they were surrounding the fire place each with hot chocolate that Johnny made.

Caroline had blankets piled on her but she was still freezing.

"Caroline."

She looked at Matt to could feel her coldness, and noticed her fingers and lips were turning blue.

He crawled over to her and got under the blankets with her, feeling her ice cold skin on his bare arm.

He whispered in her ear "Pick some one else to get on your other side."

Zacky was feeling left out, she cuddled with Matt and cleaned off Jimmy.

Somehow feeling this, she said "Zacky."

He smiled and crawled over, getting on her other side under the blankets.

She knew Brian would have been warmer, due to his status as 2nd most dominant,but she wanted Zacky.

The blanket got a lot warmer as time progressed, soon she leaned her head on Zacky’s shoulder and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know how if you leave a puppy out side they get cold faster than bigger, older dogs? That's why Caroline was so cold.

Anyone think it was sweet that she chose Zacky even though Brian would have been the warmer choice? Does that mean she likes Zacky the way he likes her, or is this just her puppy-ness?

Brian's squirt gun

Brian's two small squirt guns

Caroline and Jimmy's squirt guns

Caroline after squrt gun fight