Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

Hunting

Caroline and Zacky approached doe, head bowed into the tall grass. They crouched instinctively, lowering themselves to the ground.

Aim for the jugular vein, you can see it. Or you could make it harder and aim high for the head, breaking the neck. He told her.

The doe had red around it, not that it helped; she knew it was alive. She could hear its pulse beating, and its heartbeat...s?

This doe ...has a second heart beat.

Yes, she is pregnant. We can find something else if you'd like.

Caroline nodded to Zacky. He nodded back and ran off into the woods, after a long purple trail, she followed after him.

When she caught up to him, she crouched again looking up at the buck. He was glowing red and a little of bright green.

Look out for his antlers, trust me; they hurt.

She nodded and decided to go for his head, more dangerous but she wanted to impress her mate to be.

You don't have to impress me darling. You're amazing.

She looked over and was love shining in his green eyes. If she could have, she would have blushed.

Alright, now she had to do this.
Sneaking closer, she tensed her muscles and jumped. She opened her jaws in midair and clamped them on the back of the buck's head, where he couldn't get her and she let herself fall to the ground; never loosing her hold.

With a crack, his neck broke and the buck lay on the ground before her.

She triumphantly smiled as she backed up, her instincts telling her that Zacky deserves first pickings.

He looked from the buck to Caroline. Pride, in his gaze.

As was his right, he trotted up and began to eat his select bits of the recently deceased deer.

When he finished, he licked the blood from his muzzle and sat under a tree.

Go ahead.

Thank you.

He nodded in response and watched her eat a bit; here and there.

When she finished she looked at him.

What now? She asked.

He shrugged Leave it. Lets go back to the house.

Caroline nodded and trotted beside him on the way back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?