Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

Progress Report

The two went upstairs to Matt's room, where the alpha sat on his bed. Brian, the berta, sat on the floor in front of him.

Matt nodded for Brian to begin.

“Her strength has increased rapidly, her stamina as well. I am impressed with her speed, and would suggest an obstacle course to check her agility. Naturally, her steps are almost silent that leads me to believe she will be a good tracker. As you know the weight room does not display skills of accuracy, therefore I cannot say anything on the subject.”

Matt grunted in approval. “Tell Zack to spend time with her in the house, the rest of us will begin to set up the obstacle course.”

Brian nodded and left the room to do as told.

Caroline had just finished getting dressed after a careful shower. She rebandaged her bite from Jimmy and made her way to her bedroom door.

As she was reaching for the door knob, it opened and she was met with the green eyes of her mate to be.

He looked at her and smiled.

Her heart flipped as she returned his smile.

“Brian told me that Matt said their going to set up an obstacle course for you, so I'm to hang out with you until their finished.”

She nodded and let him take her uninjured hand. They laced their fingers and made their way down to the living room.

Zack grabbed the remote and sat on the couch, gently pulling Caroline beside him. He put his arm around her and turned on the TV. She sighed and snuggled into his side.

He rubbed up and down her side slowly, as his eyes never strayed from the baseball game that was on.

Heat ran from his fingers to her body like electricity. She rested her head on his collar bone and put her hand on his knee, a slightly possessive display although there was no one else there.

Zack excepted the gesture none the less and knew not only was this possessive it was affectionate as well.

A question gnawed at Caroline, she knew it would run the moment if she asked but her curiosity overpowered her.
“Zack?”

He looked at her with adoration in his eyes.

“Why is Escape The Fate an enemy?” His eyes hardened at the mention of the pack's name.

But he knew that if she was excepted into the pack, even if she for some reason wasn't, she had a right to know.

“Escape the Fate has a very bad reputation among all werewolves, and for good reason. They are known for stealing, vandalism, breaking werewolf law, lying, cheating and bitch fighting to name a few.”

“What's bitch fighting?”

He sighed “The reason you must stay away from their territory. Think of it like...cock fighting. Illegal, immoral, and worth a lot of money. They capture a bitch, no matter what her age, that wandered into their territory. They make bets, and make her fight another pack's bitch to the death. The winner get a lot of money. I wouldn't be able to live if that happened to you darling. I...I'd kill myself.” his voice sounded deathly serious.

She gasped and took his face in his hands. “Zack no! No! Don't even talk about that! I can't tell you that I will never get bitch fought but if I do and if I...if I loose, you need to live on; for both of us. Think of how I'll feel when I'm watching over you and I see you...” Tears stung her eyes.

Zack looked at his mate to be and without thinking, pulled her into his lap and held the back of her head gently in his hand, his thumb stroking her hair. She snuggled into his neck as tears escaped her ducts.

After ten minuets of crying she leaned back and wiped her eyes.

“I'm so sorry I made you cry.” Zack said lovingly.

“No, it's my fault...thinking of you doing that to yourself...I” she shook her head.

Sadness gone from both of them, Zack said “I'm thirsty.”

“Beer?” She asked, standing up.

“Please.”

She nodded and went to the kitchen, soon returning with the beverage.

He thanked her when he took it and popped it open, sipping it lightly.

Caroline turned her head in wonder. What does beer taste like? They all seem to like it.

Zack caught her looking and smirked “Curious?”
She blushed and nodded.

He held out the bottle that she gingerly took, sniffing the opening then scrunching her nose in disgust.

Zack chuckled as she brought it to her lips. As soon as it touched her tongue it burned, she forced it down and gagged at the bitter, burning taste of the cold drink.

Her mate to be fell over laughing as she put the bottle on the table and bolted to the bathroom where she proceeded to brush her teeth three times.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I've been busy and not really feeling inspired really. Comment so I can think up more ideas please!

I've tried beer before and that was my reaction, but I dry heaved a few times ^.^ Weird thing to mention huh? Ha ha