Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

The Fight

The next day, Caroline was woken by a wet nose being pushed into her shoulder. She opened her eyes and looked at the wolf, flinching back when she realized it was Brian.

He motioned with his head for her to come with him, she looked over to see Zack awake and watching.

He nodded for her to go, so she climbed out of bed and got around knowing that Brian would have her phase in a few minuets she put on a baggy tee shirt, short shorts, boots and a bit of eye liner. She didn't shower because she knew she'd be sweaty and she'd want one later when she was sweaty and perhaps in slight pain.

She brushed her hair then felt a large head push against the back of her legs, making her stumble forward, catching the hint to walk faster, she speed walked down the stairs and out of the house.

He barked at her, she blushed.

Brian rolled his eyes and turned his back to her, still able to hear her clothes slip from her body.

Her phase was almost painless this time, she was relieved.

Knowing she had phased, Brian turned around a and used his nose to point to the field.

He scratched at the ground a little with his back feet, his message reading clear to her.

Race.

She nodded and they both bolted off the quarter mile, Caroline getting there 2 seconds before Brian. He now knew he didn't have to work on her speed, she was faster than him!

First we are going to wrestle; no biting just strength.

Your way stronger than me though! And why didn't we communicate like this before? she responded.

To see of you can read body language. Now get ready.

She mirrored his crouch, he gave her a wolfy grin before launching himself at her Caroline froze up due to the shock of being lunged at. He immediately had her pinned, his paws on her wolf shoulders.

I...that...

Ugh. You CAN'T freeze up like that! Someday that might end your life. Try again. Brian huffed and got off her.

Brian trains hard in wolf form, she didn't like it. He expected much more of her than Jimmy did. Then again, he was almost alpha.

They crouched again, this time Caroline launched herself first but Brian jumped out of the way and soon pinned her.

Don't be so rash. THINK! He hissed.

She flinched and pulled her ears back, her tail going between her legs on impulse.

...sorry... he said quietly.

She shook her head and crouched again.

Planning to go easier on her, Brian crouched. He watched her ears perk up, she was listening.

She listened to his breathing, and his heart beat. Both sped up when he sprang at her, so she waited for the last moment. When he sprang, she slammed into him at an angle bringing him to his back on the ground and her on top of him.

Brian gave her an approving look, well the best a wolf could, and nosed her off.

How did you do that? You stayed still until the last second and knew how to get me. He said, slightly proud of the bitch.

Your breathing, and heart beat.

His eye brows rose You can hear that? That easily?

She nodded Can't everyone?

Not that easily no.

She grinned and happily trotted a few feet away, while her back was turned he tackled her to the ground, laying on top of her.

Hey! She protested.

NEVER turn your back to an opponent. These fights aren't always fair.

Understood.

He got off her and let her up.

After and hour of this, everyone else got up and began to watch through the windows as they ate breakfast.

They watched as Caroline began to get better, planing her moments according to Brian's. How her ears perked up when he crouched, how she bent her legs just enough to leap out of the way if necessary. In the end, Brian had pinned her 43 times, she pinned him 26 times.

Breakfast time. You got an hour after breakfast until we're back at this.

She nodded and trotted up to her clothes, grabbing them with her mouth and trotting up to the front door where Jimmy let her in.

Caroline trotted up to her room where she phased and dressed. Her face had dirt smears, her shoulders were sightly bruised, her arms and legs too had dirt on them.

She went into the bathroom and washed her face and arms, ignoring her legs as she made her way to the kitchen.

Brian grinned at her and held up his hand for a high five that she gave.

“Got me a bit more than half the times I got you, not bad at all.” he commented.

Zack went up to kiss her but she put her fingers over his lips, he gave her a questioning look. “I'm dirty.” she told him, making Matt, Brian, Jimmy and even Johnny burst into laughter.

Zack grinned, trying not to laugh at her ignorance about the perverted thoughts that could come from her statement.

With a confused look on her face, she looked at the laughing men.

Zack shook his head telling her not to mind it, and patted the seat next to him.

Obligingly, she sat down as Johnny brought out the food. He was tense and waiting for a reason to go after Caroline. But he knew today he had to stay by Matt's side until the fight, which includes sitting next to him.

Keeping a tight reign on his temper, he took his temporary place at the table that was normally Brian's. After seeing Caroline's anger get out of control, Matt knew he needed to be around Johnny to take him away if need be.

After breakfast, Caroline took care of the dishes as the males went into the living room. With the dishes done, Caroline went into the living room and sat at Zack's side on the couch and cuddled into his side. She kissed his cheek, watching a smile spread across his face soon after.

Resting her head on his shoulder with a content sigh, she felt him rest his head on hers gently, his hand that was around her shoulder began to stroke her back slowly.

Soon, Brian strode up to them and cleared his throat.

Zack let go of Caroline and kissed her lips before letting her stand. She followed the berta out of the house for more training.

---Time lapse sunset--

The air was tense with anticipation as Johnny and Caroline, both in wolf form, slowly circled each other.

Zack, Brian, Jimmy and Matt stood near by, all in wolf form as well.

Caroline's hair stuck up as she growled at Johnny who growled back, baring his teeth.

Remembering what Brian had taught her, she waited for Johnny to come to her. And with one blink he was flying towards her, she used her head to shove him away.

She bared her teeth and snarled, raising her tail a bit more.

He launched at her again, knocking her over and pinning her, when he went to bite her shoulder she somersaulted them over and bit his shoulder, he bit her shoulder making her whimper but not let go.

Blood began to run down his shoulder and hers, at last he threw her off and shook the blood away.

Matt stood closer to Zack, who he knew may at some point jump in to protect Caroline upon instinct.

In a flash both wolves were biting and tackling each other, snarls ripping into the air Small sprays of blood dyed the dirt red.
Zack was about to launch in when Matt bit his foot, telling him to back the fuck off.

Zack whimpered in apology and sat rigidly as the two sprang apart. Caroline's shoulder, back leg, front paw and ear were bleeding. Johnny's shoulder, torso, and back leg were bleeding.

Brian watched Caroline's ears perk up, he had not told the others of her sense of hearing and he'd been waiting for her to use it.

Caroline tuned out the other's hearts and breathing and listened to Johnny's, waiting for either of them to speed up. They growled and Johnny flared his dominance, Caroline feeling it. She took a half step back before flaring hers, making his knees buckle slightly.

They were still about equal.

At one sharp beat of Johnny's heart he leapt at the bitch, she jumped to the side and bit his tail as he passed. Caroline swung around to face him, remembering how Brian said never to turn her back to an opponent.

As he recovered from the shock of what just happened, Caroline crouched and tackled him biting the scruff of his neck.

Brian took a step forward ready to step in when Matt stepped in front of him, telling him to let it play out.

Johnny cried out and bit her muzzle, making her cry and jump off him.

He tackled her, the ground hitting her back in a way that knocked the wind out of her. She gasped for air, seeing that Johnny had no intention of letting her breathe, Brian launched himself at Johnny shoving him off and back a few meters.

Enough. When Caroline can breathe this will continue.Matt's voice boomed in everyone's heads.

Dropping his head Johnny trotted over to Jimmy who glared. Matt allowed Zack to go to his mate to be, he went to lick her injury's but Matt growled at him so he curled up with her instead.

Letting Zack lick her injury's would give her the unfair advantage of not bleeding and dealing with her wounds like Johnny had to.

After a few silent minuets, Zack was called back and the fight resumed. Both dripping blood on the ground, Caroline and Johnny faced each other once again. They both sprang at each other, growling as they rolled on the ground, each trying to get a decent bite on the other but neither succeeding.

Until Johnny rolled them over and bit her front paw again, biting harder and watching pain flood her eyes, and blood flow out of her limb.

She let out a low whine and tried to shake him off, making him tighten his hold until...

SNAP

She howled in pain and submission and he got off her, smirking as he trotted away.

Caroline was partly ashamed; she lost. But she felt an overwhelming sense of pride come over her, she looked over to see Zack with pride in his eyes. You gave it everything you had. I'm so proud of you! He said to her, going up and licking her wounds on the blood coated grass.

She whined as he licked the tender spots but let him. Johnny limped into the house, naked in human from and Jimmy went with him.

Your arm is broken, phasing will be painful. You will have to do it now so I can carry you in. Matt said.

She gave him a pleading look.

Trust me. His voice softened slightly.

Brian went into the cabin to give her more privacy. With a howl of pain, she lay naked, bloody and dirty in the grass. Zack lifted her onto Matt's back, making sure not to touch anywhere that wasn't welcome.

Blushing, she held onto Matt's fur with her good hand as he trotted in the house where Zack then used his mouth to toss a blanket over her butt.

The gave him a thankful look as Matt trotted up the stairs to her room. She pulled the blanket around herself before getting off him slowly and falling onto the bed.

You did well. He said before leaving.

There was a knock on the door. “Caroline, can I help you?” Zack said, now in human form.

“Okay.” Keeping her private parts covered with the blanket, she watched him come in with a first aid kit and a bowel of water.

He washed the blood from her leg, arm and hand, face and ear then bandaged where it was needed.

“This is going to hurt, I have to set your arm.”

She nodded and bit her lip. 7 minuets later a white cast covered her arm.

“You realize Jimmy's gonna sign the hell outta this right?” he half smirked.

She grinned and nodded.

“So uh, is Johnny gonna be cocky? Since he won?” she asked.

He shook his head “No, actually he feels kinda bad about hurting you but he knows it was necessary. He's mature enough for that.”

She nodded.

“Now...”

She looked at him, he uncapped a black sharpie. “May I?”

She giggled and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surpried at who won? Did any one expect this?

I knew who was going to win the whole time ever sence I decided to make them fight. :) It's okay, werewolves heal fast :)

This chapter is 2129 words long! I would have made it 2 chapters but I said the fight chapter was next so to da!