Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

"Something I need you to know"

“Hey, hey, hey, hey!” Caroline was aware of the person poking her face after each word. She opened one eye and was met with the light brown ones of Ashley.

“Wake up! We must devour the refrigerator's contents!”

“No, I'm tired.” Caroline snuggled under the blanket.

Ashley growled in annoyance and grabbed the other bitches' hand, yanking her out of the bed.

“But I'm tired!” Caroline pouted.

“And I'm not. Now up up and down to the kitchen!” Ashley, still with a hold on Caroline, skipped out of the room, and down the hall to the stair case. She saw Jimmy and broke into a smile “Jimmyyyyyyyyy!” She slid down the railing and into his arms. He smiled and hugged her “You're so tiny!” he beamed down at her making her giggle.

Caroline smiled, happy for her friend. She looked down at her hand, seeing the A7X tattoo was gone. She shrugged and went down the stairs where she saw Johnny and Brian watching TV. Ashley and Jimmy skipped into the kitchen.

“Bitches on breakfast duty!” Matt called.

“Okay!” Ashley and Caroline called.

Jimmy hugged Ashley again and she and Caroline went over to the stove. Soon they cooked a big breakfast and set the table chatting with each other.

Matt strolled in as they were doing a few dishes. “Ashley, when was your last cycle?”

“Last week, I was really cuddly with Jack.” She said like it was nothing.

“Oh, okay.” Matt knew Jack acted a lot like Jimmy so if she and Jimmy never met each other, she'd probably have mated with Jack.

Matt loaded his plates and Caroline called “BREAKFAST!” The other males bolted into the kitchen and shoved each other in attempt to get their food first.

Soon, everyone was seated at stuffing their faces. Except Caroline. Her mind was heavy, and she was upset. What Ronnie said really got to her.

If Zack really cared about her, wouldn't he of mated with her already? If he had Escape The Fate wouldn't want anything to do with her. She would be safe. If he loved her he'd want her to be safe, maybe he felt bad that her father didn't tell her what she was. She didn't want his pity, she wanted his love, and if he didn't want hers, she didn't want anything to do with him.

Matt cast his gaze to her face, feeling her get more and more upset. Zack shifted beside her, feeling it as well.

She gave Zack a look that clearly said 'We need to talk.'

Zack looked to Matt, who nodded dismissing them. They stood and everyone watched them head upstairs. Zack took them to his room and sat her on the bed, sitting next to her but facing her.

“Honey whats wrong?” he asked, honestly concerned.

“Do you care about me?” She asked shakily.

“Yes. Why do you have to ask?”

“Tell me you care about me Zack.”

He took her hand and met her eyes “I care about you Caroline.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, completely. Why?”

“Ronnie said-”

“You should know better than to listen to him.” anger seeped into his voice and she took her and from his.

“LET ME FINISH!” She growled, her eyes flashing yellow.

He nodded.

“He said that if you really cared about me you'd of mated with me already. If you had they wouldn't want me. If you loved me you would be my mate, not my mate to be. That if you cared you would have done it already because it would keep me safe.” Tears slid down her cheeks and her voice was pained.

“I do care, and I do care about you, Caroline. I haven't mated with you because we're not ready. I do want to keep you safe, and I will. But you need to trust me.” he sounded sad.

She met his eyes “I do. And...you're right, we aren't ready. I'm sorry I tried to push you into this. What Ronnie said really got to me.”

He wiped her tears softly with his thumb and gave her a sympathetic look “You've got to be strong. He is vile, and will do and say anything to get you to leave. If you leave we cannot protect you. I...can't loose you.” He murmured the last part, eyes glancing at her lips.

Caroline sniffled a bit and have him a small smile, leaning forward slowly. He met her half way and kissed her softly, making her heart skip a beat.

“I'm sorry I doubted you.” She said, against his lips.

“No need to apologize darling, I understand.” he kissed her again, smiling into it as she scooted closer, letting him pull her onto his lap. She straddled him as they kissed, he licked her lower lip and he automatically let her in. He touched her lower back holding her in place as he explored her mouth.

They separated with a wet smacking sound. “Zack...I have something to tell you.” He met her eyes, curious.

“You can tell me anything.” he assured her.

She bit her lip and blushed, “I know, it's something I need you to know.”

He knit his eye brows together in confusion.

“Zack Baker, I love you.”

Tears of happiness came to his eyes and glistened in the muted light. “I love you too, Caroline McKinner.” With now tear filled eyes herself, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him with everything she had. He returned, feeling the need to mate with her then and there.

But as they just discussed, they weren't ready. But he was willing to wait as long as it took for them to be ready. He loved her. She loved him.

The rest of the pack down stairs felt the aura of love surround the two upstairs. “I'm happy for her.” Ashley smiled, running over to embrace Jimmy who smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww! They said their first I love yous! Sorry for lack of drama, I suck at that :( Anyway I thought this was a cute chapter.

What do you think of Ashley? (I added her to the character page)