Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

Self Defense

Matt broke the speed limit on the way to the cabin, running stoplights and such. Caroline rode in the back with Brian and Zack this time, because they actually had to hold on to her to keep her from falling out of the truck bed. They all knew Johnny wouldn't be much help.

The truck jolted to a harsh stop in the garage. Matt bolted from the car and into the cabin, radiating fury and therefore dominance. Caroline whimpered submissively after him. Brian gave her a sympathetic look, noticing how Johnny's head was bowed slightly.

With the alpha out of the room, the leadership position went to the next highest ranking. “Johnny, Caroline go work out. Zack come with me.” Brian commanded, without being a jerk about it.

Johnny and Caroline left to do as told, Zack and Brian went to one of the rooms in the basement.

“I can't take much more of this B, they're pushing it.” Zack said threw clenched teeth.

“That's what they want. If you attack one of them and draw blood, it's war. And you know just who they'll go after.”

The bitches.

Zack nodded.

“You need to relax, starting a war is not the way welcome new comers to the pack. We don't need any bloodshed. At least for something like that.” Brian said, referring to the incident at Walmart.

“I know. But...I...I'm just so crazy about her.” Zack sounded thoughtful, looking at his shoes.

Brian said nothing, wishing he could know that feeling. They spoke for the next hour, getting farther from tense topics as time went on.

Both at ease now, they went to the weight room to relieve Caroline and Johnny from their work out.

When they arrived, Brian herd Matt in his head. He relayed the command to Caroline. “It's time you learn how to defend yourself without phasing. Self defense at first, then how to attack.”

She nodded in agreement getting off the treadmill.

“When Jimmy and Ashley get back, I'll teach both of you.”

“Okay.” she agreed.

Zack hugged her but the reared his head back. “You stink.”

“I've been working out, duh.” she giggled.

“Riiiiight.” he smirked, giving her a wink. Brian couldn't watch this any longer, he was glad Zack was happy but he wanted to be happy too. He was sure that in time Jimmy would ask Ashley to be his mate to be.

“Hit the showers.” Brian told them, they each headed to the changing rooms from no where (separate ones obviously) and took a ten minuet shower. They came back in their former clothes and when they came back, Zack was looking at his nose crossing his eyes and Brian was looking at him like he'd grown two more heads.

“GUYS!?” Jimmy's voice hollered.

“Heyo!” Ashley sounded.

“Here!” Brian called loudly.

They came in hand in hand, smiling. But their twin smiles fell when they saw the serious look on Brian's face. He quickly told them of Walmart's events, then of the self defense. Jimmy agreed at once, and Brian could feel that Jimmy had asked Ashley to be his mate to be, and she agreed. He could feel his wolf begin to put a claim on her. He was surprised he asked so soon, but figured it would be sooner rather than later.

The bitches changed into sweats and tank tops, then headed over to a large mat on the floor.

Brian approached them, also in sweats and a tank top and the lesson began. They learned how to do holds, then how to get out of said holds. Brian had them practice on each other, knowing neither of them was skilled enough to get away from anyone experienced like the rest of the males.

They practiced until 6:30, Brian called for a pizza.

But Matt didn't come to dinner, he told Brian for them to eat without him. Weird, but Brian agreed nonetheless.

Matt was busy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yesm Jimmy asked Ashley to be his mate to be, she agreed.

Feelings on Brian's attitude with Zack and Caroline?

What is Matt so busy with do you think?