Status: On hiatus

New to the Pack

Lights In The Trees

After making plans and with Matt's okay, all the males but left the house to help prepare while Matt commanded Ashley to keep Caroline occupied.

They were currently using Johnny's laptop in their bedroom. Ashley was showing Caroline “Gangnam Style” by PSY.

They laughed until their sides hurt before moving on to google random words.

An hour later it occurred to Ashley that she didn't know Caroline's story. So she asked.

“Oh well, I changed late. My parents never told me what I was, my mom passed away when I was a kid. After my first phase, Zack found me naked in the woods and gave me his shirt then took me home where he intimidated the hell out of my dad. Then he told me I would join Avenged Sevenfold. I haven't seen my dad since.”

“Oh, I'm sorry. Do you wish you could see him again?”

“Yeah, I miss him. He was a great dad, and he was there when I needed him.” Caroline gave a sad smile.

Ashley touched her shoulder in a comforting way.

“So, what's your story?” The red head changed the subject.

Ashley dropped her hand. “I always knew what I was. I'd seen my parents phase so I knew what to expect. I never played well with other kids, I was too rough. No pun intended.” They grinned “I would climb things no one else could, I could easily out run anyone, I was a lot stronger than the other kids. The day after my first phasing, my parents told me that they'd been asking around about packs in the area. They met with the alpha of Panic! At the Disco like 3 others and All Time Low. They had decided on All Time Low obviously and they invited the pack over. I was automatically drawn to Jack. Honestly I thought I'd mate with him at some point, but he never asked me so I guess not.” she half frowned.

“What about Jimmy?”

Ashley beamed, her bright smile reaching her eyes. “Jimmy is fantastic! I feel something with him I never really felt with Jack. I think I always knew Jack wasn't going to be my mate, I thought that if I never did meet my real mate I'd settle for him. Don't get me wrong, Jack is a great male. He's funny, sweet, romantic and also an offensive fighter. But Jimmy is...Jimmy is fun, out going, random, loud, sweet, kind hearted, gorgeous, tall...I don't have to settle with Jimmy. Jimmy is the whole package, he's perfect!”

Caroline smiled,glad Jimmy had such an affectionate, appreciative mate to be.
Matt sent an alpha call to Ashley, telling her to come to the living room. “I'll be right back, gotta pee.” she excused herself and left the room.

When she made it she saw Zack in black slacks, a white dress shirt, a red bow tie and his weird 'old man shoes' as she called them. Outside night had fallen, stars lit up the sky and the moon hung high.

“I'm talking Caroline out for a picnic in a meadow. Can you get her ready? Like, a dress and stuff?” He asked.

“Getting that girl in a dress my be a challenge....but I think I can.”

He beamed,”Thanks!” And enveloped her in a hug.

Jimmy gave a low growl from the couch, Zack let go and settled for smiling at her.

“Any advice?” he asked.

“Uh, cuddle with her and look at the stars. Be as romantic as you can with complements and, be yourself. She's head over heels for you.” Ashley winked.

“Okay.” Zack rubbed the back of his neck bashfully.

Ashley went back up the stairs with a shit eating grin. She entered the room to see Caroline picking at her nails.

“Guess what chicken butt?!”

Caroline looked at her, confused.

“Zacky boy is taking you out! So get ready! Dress!”

Caroline beamed. “Really!”

“No I'm fucking with you.”

Caroline's smile dropped.

“No I lied get ready!”

She smiled again and headed to her closet. “Do I have to wear a dress? I don't have any.”

Ashley gasped. “You don't have a dress!? How is this possible!? It's a tragedy! Luckily, I have a shit load of dresses. I'm sure I have one you'll like.” she grinned, going to her closet.

30 minuets later Caroline was ready. Ashley did her hair and make up, and Caroline changed her nose ring to a stud for the first time in a long time. Ash got her in a dress and let her wear her signature Combat Boots.

Caroline's heart was in her throat as Ashley headed down the stairs first.

“Announcing, Miss Caroline Mckinner.” She said poshly, stepping aside and gesturing to the stair case.

The males audibly gasped as she came into view. Her dress showed off her curvy figure, her hair framed her face wonderfully, her long fingers were accented with a black and silver ring, her soft hands were covered with lace. Zack smirked at her combat boots he had a hard time picturing her without. Even in an outfit she would otherwise never wear, she managed to make it her own and pull it off like Tyra Banks wishes she could.

The sight of her made his chest shutter in delight. His mouth got dry, his hands began to sweat as he thought about how this stunning female, stunning woman, was his mate to be. He was awestruck as she descended the long wooden stair case and made her way over to him.

His mind went blank until he remembered to give her the single red rose in his hand. She took it and smiled.

“You are more beautiful than the sun is bright.” he said softly, taking her hand. Brian watched intently like it was his favorite TV drama, Jimmy grinned, Johnny scoffed and rolled his eyes, Matt looked proud but was also sad. He wanted to look at a female the way Zack and Caroline look at each other. The way Jimmy and Ashley look at each other.

Her cheeks burned. “Thank you. You clean up nice yourself.”

Now he blushed a bit. “Thank you.”

Zack laced their fingers, and lead her out of the cabin and out side. The walked through the field where the mock fights took place to the far side, it was there a path of lighted trees lit the way. The lights were purple and white, and led a straight path through the trees, bright enough that they could see the forest floor.

“Zack...” she was stunned.

He smiled and led her down the path, watching as her turquoise eyes flicked over the lights in awe.

He knew well that it was a long path, so he decided to make conversation. But she beat him to it.

“Is this what you all were doing while I hung out with Ashley?”

“Yeah.”

“It's amazing.” she smiled.

“Yeah, you are.” He didn't care how cheesy it sounded.

She squeezed his hand as her heart fluttered.

Within 5 minuets, she managed to get him to talk about his child hood.

“So, I phased at a normal time for males. About...13. And I would roll in the mud, it was just oddly satisfying.” he blushed and shrugged.

“Still is too.” he added, making her giggle.

“Hm. The funniest thing I remember from my child hood, is throwing pencils at the ceiling at school so they get stuck, then when I got in trouble I threw a pen up there to get them down. It worked...but then the pen was stuck.” she admitted.

He chuckled, making her heart skip a beat.

“Nice.” he said once his laughter ceased.

Twigs crunched under their feet and even the crickets grew silent as they passed. No birds rustled in the tree tops, no rabbits scurried about on the ground. It was peaceful.

For Caroline, this moment was perfect. Zack looked fantastic, the lights were romantic, and every time he looked at her, there was nothing but adoration in his eyes. For years she wished someone would look at her like that, and now someone does. And he's everything she ever wanted. She felt like a princess in a fairy tale, wearing a pretty dress while her dream man came to get her, romancing her and loving her. They would live happily ever after. But she also knew in all fairy tales, there are obstacles to over come. But what obstacles could await them?

She banished the negative thoughts from her head, nothing could ruin this night. Nothing. She was going on a date with her mate to be, and it was going to be the best night of her life so far.

“Honey?”

She looked over at Zack, a questioning look on her face.

“Honey?”

He blushed and let go of her hand to rub the back of his neck. “Yeah...I uh...”

She smiled and looped her arm with his. “No it's fine.”

“Oh okay.” he blushed.

“You seemed deep in thought.” he commented.

“Yeah, I was.”

“Good things I hope?” he inquired.
“Very.” For the most part.

“Great.” He smiled.

They were nearing the meadow. Caroline gasped as it came into view. The grass was slightly over grown but plush, small purple flowers grew wild amongst the deep green blades. The crescent moon was luminescent in the sky, bright stars littered the black canvas. Trees surrounded them on three sides, the other side was more of the large meadow, a single tree disrupted the masses of green grass.

Zack led her over to a purple blanket that lay on the grass, a picnic basket sat on it, tied shut with a black bandana with skulls on it.

She minded her dress and sat down, he sat beside her.

“Zack this is beautiful.”

He smiled. “Not as beautiful as you.”

She blushed scarlet for what seemed like the hundredth time that hour.

He opened the basket and pulled out little triangle shaped egg salad sandwiches. Her favorite kind of sandwich. Then some wild cherry pepsi, her favorite soda.

“How did you know?” she asked, not remembering ever telling him.

He grinned “These are my favorites.”

She giggled and picked up a sandwich, holding it near his mouth. He took a bite and smiled at her with his eyes. His eyes never failed to make her melt, she couldn't help but sigh contently.

He ached an eye brow as he chewed.

“Sorry you just...you make me so happy.” she admitted meekly, casting her gaze away and lowering the sandwich back to the plate.

He swallowed and tilted her head up gently by her chin.

“Don't be embarrassed, you make me happy too. When I'm with you, I feel like I'm the alpha of the world. Like nothing and no one can ruin my day. I will protect you, and care for you until the day I die. I promise.” he said sincerely, making her tear up in happiness.

Zack leaned down and kissed her sweetly, but passionately. Her body tingled from her hair to her toes. She felt something circular and cool slide onto her finger. He pulled back and let her look down to see a promise ring on her finger.

“And I keep my promises.” he murmured.

She smiled and tackled him to his back, kissing him lovingly. He allowed her to temporarily play the dominant role, holding his arms over his head with one of her hands as the hand with the ring cupped his cheek. She was perching over his abdomen with a leg bent on wither side, leaning down to kiss him.

He smiled into the kiss, finding her attempt to dominate him adorable.

Zack took back control by breaking her hold on his wrists, lacing their fingers and putting his arms on either side of his head. This gave him a bit more control while still allowing her to have some as well for once. (A/N their kissing like this ) Soon he flipped them over, careful of her dress, and held his weight on his elbows as he kissed her. He swiped his tongue across her lips, and she parted them at once.

A few minuets later they'd stopped kissing and were now feeding each other sandwiches and sipping wine glasses of wild cherry pepsi. They talked about their childhoods, their favorite things, their pet peeves and joked around like they'd known each other forever.

Zack wanted to memorize this moment. How the moon light made Caroline glow, and highlighted her facial features. How her dress hugged her curves and drew slight attention to her breasts. Her nose right glittered in the light the stars provided. She was the most lovley woman he'd ever seen. He felt so lucky to be able to call her his mate to be. And he meant every word of his promise.

The stood to head back to the cabin, Zack assured her that Johnny and Brian would pick up the picnic and take care of the lights in the trees.

When they arrived back, Ashley was asleep on the couch cuddled up to Jimmy who gave them a shit eating grin. Brian winked from the couch, Johnny smiled and Matt managed to fit both wolves in a hug to witch they were shocked and patted his back lightly.

He said nothing and went up the stairs.

“Thanks, that was really fun.” She turned and took both of Zacky's hands.

“Anytime, and yeah it was. I'm glad you enjoyed it.” he smiled, lip rings reflecting the moonlight.

The smiled at each other, lacing their fingers. Pure joy and affection rolled off both of them. Brian scowled and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, I had writers block for this. I'm not very romantic so I was reluctant to write this. How did I do? I know Wild Cherri Pepsi isn't exactly romantic but remember she is only 18 not 21. Also wild cherry pepsi is kick ass.

Thoughts on Ashley and Jimmy's relationship? Do you think Jack will hold a grudge?

Thoughts on the date over all?

Why do you think Brian had to leave the room?

Also remember that it was a PROMISE ring, not an engangment ring!

I'd like more comments so I get more inspired to write this please!

I made a new layout for this, and it's much better. But if I apply it and you click chapters, the words all overlap in one grey blob. What do I do?