Status: Slow Moving

The Sun will Rise for Us

Nick Taylor's P.O.V.

“And the shadow of the day, will embrace the world in grey. And the sun will set for you,” sang my ihome. I let it keep playing as I started to wake up. I opened my eyes to see my room covered in grey light caused by clouds covering the sun. I hate the sun.

“Nick wake up!” yelled my sister, Rachel. “I can hear music playing. I’m coming in!”

“Oh hell no!” I yelled back. “You open that door and bad things will happen!” I jumped out of bed and put on some pants over my skull boxers just in case.

“I’m gonna do it!” she yelled back. I ran to my door and locked it right before she turned the knob. “Aw you suck,” she hit the door then walked away. I walked back to my bed and looked at my clock. It read 7:10. I actually woke up early for school for once. I Went through some drawers and found my favorite black-skeleton t-shirt. Then I unlocked my door and opened it, at a bad time. “Go, Pikachu!” my sister yelled as a yellow plush-animal slammed into my face.

“That’s it! I have had enough,” I yell in the angriest voice I could muster. Rachel looked at me wide eyed and scared. “I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!” I threw the Pikachu doll back at her.

“Challenge accepted, big brother. Prepare to be destroyed,” she hissed at me.

“Now now, I don’t have time to deal with you two making so much noise at seven in the morning,” our mother sighed. She looked at me and what I was wearing and just said, “Nick, you really need to brush your hair. It looks like you were attacked by the hair-dresser from hell,” then look at Rachel and nearly screamed. “Why are you still in your pajamas? We have to leave in about 10 minutes!” She pointed at me, “You, hair, now!” then pointed at Rachel, “And you, clothes. And they better look decent!” then she walked away.

I ran to my bathroom. It wasn’t a large bathroom, but it had everything I needed. Toilet, shower, sink, counter for hairdryer and my brush, and a mirror. I looked at myself in a mirror and quickly grabbed my brush. Tufts of my hair were standing in all different directions. I looked like a psycho homeless man with clean clothes on. I brushed and brushed until my hair finally stayed down. I took a comb and swept my bangs to the left then put on some deodorant and brushed my teeth.
“Nick, Rachel, it’s time to go,” our mother yelled from the kitchen. I walked out of my bathroom and grabbed my black backpack.

“Crap!” I said to myself when I remembered I didn’t do a single bit of homework. I walked out of the house and got in my car. I tried to come up with an excuse for my teachers when they ask me where my homework is, but just gave up. I parked my car in the parking lot and waited in the car until the bell rang. Then, I walked to my locker, grabbed my history book, and walked to Mr. Harrison’s class for U.S. History. It was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not long. Neither is the next chapter. It's just a bit more of introduction to the setting and the characters.