Status: Slow Moving

The Sun will Rise for Us

Riley Moore's P.O.V.

‘I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be here. I do not want to be here,’ I thought to myself as I walked to my first class. I was already late, so I didn’t even try to walk quickly. I just walked on and on until I finally found room number 153, Mr. Harrison’s U.S. History class. I looked through the window next to the door just to make sure people were there, then opened the door and walked in.

“Now who can tell me what the Monroe Doctrine is??” said a man a bit shorter than me. He was a bit large and wore very summery clothing. He must be Mr. Harrison. “Oh!” he said noticing my existence, “You must be the new student. Welcome to U.S. History Mr…”

“Moore, sir, my name is Riley Moore,” I say shyly.

“Okay Mr. Moore, you can sit next to Mr. Taylor,” he pointed at a seat next to a guy with a skeleton shirt on and a blank stare. I sat next to him and he looked towards my way.
“Welcome to he- I mean history,” he said with a cute smile.

“Thank you,” I smile back at him, “Um, this might be a stupid question but what’s the Monroe doctrine?”

“Something about the U.S. not allowing Europe to continue colonizing North America, have you not learned this yet?” I shake my head at him.

“We just got to the civil war in my class,” I said a bit dimly. I miss my old school so much already.

“Nick and Riley!” yelled Mr. Harrison, “Now what important thing could you two possibly talking about during my lecture?” The entire class looked at us and I could feel my face start to heat up.

“I was just asking Riley if he wanted me to help him catch up with our class, sir. He only just got to the civil war in his old school,” Nick said giving the teacher a polite smile. I looked at him in shock. I never asked for a tutor. He looked at me and gave me a wink.

“What a splendid idea, Mr. Taylor!” Mr. Harrison exclaimed. I watched them both as they agreed to my fate. I just wanted to go home after school. Then Mr. Harrison walked back to the front of the class and continued his lecture.

“Hey, Riley,” Nick said, “How about we get some Starbucks after school. Then we can go and study at my house. Is that okay?” He looked at me with hopeful eyes. This guy is kind of… straight forward.

“Uh, yea, sure; I don’t really have anything else to do at home anyway,” I said giving him a polite smile. The bell rang right then and I was about to leave when I remembered I have no idea where I’m going. I took out the sheet of paper the principal gave me with my classes written on it, but I had no idea how to decipher the words and letters.

“Here,” he said taking the paper out of my hands, “let me help you get to your classes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I know it's not long but please do comment and give me feedback on how I'm doing. I'll try to get this relationship going tomorrow. I have quite a bit planned.