Status: Slow Moving

The Sun will Rise for Us

Nick Taylor

‘Okay so all I know is that he’s good at English and math, and needs help in both chemistry and history. That shouldn’t be too hard,’ I thought to myself as I waited at Riley’s new locker. ‘I hope he didn’t forget about the tutoring lesson.’ I took off my backpack and dropped it right next to me. Then, I slid down the lockers till I was sitting on the floor and my head was resting against one of the lower lockers. I let my eyes close and let my mind wander around until someone poked my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see a girl with auburn hair looking at me weird.

“Nick, what are you doing?” Jenny asked. She’s one of my strangest friends, and my fan.

“I’m Tutoring the new student, Riley.”

“Oh, already trying to get into his pants, I see,” she says playfully while shoving me to the side so she can get to her locker.

“Hey! No!” I exclaim, “I’m just tutoring him. Plus, he’s probably straight.”

“Well if he is then I call dibs. I haven’t had a boyfriend since sophomore year, and he’s cute.”

“Who’s cute?” asked a somewhat shy voice. I jumped a little when I noticed Riley was right next to me.

“NO ONE!” Jenny and I both yelled in unison. I looked at her for a second then, burst out laughing. Jenny started to chuckle too, and Riley just looked at us both as if we were crazy.

“Uh, okay. So, um, are we still up for Starbucks and tutoring?” He looked at me shyly.

“Of course! Are you ready to go?”

“Oh, yea, I think so. I have all the books I need for my homework in my backpack,” He tugged on one of the arms of his large black backpack. “So, I guess I’m ready.”

“Don’t worry, Riley, Nick doesn’t bite hard.” She patted his shoulder and walked away quickly.

“Wait, what?” I yelled at her. She just laughed and walked away even faster. I looked at Riley who just stared at me for a second, then gave the slightest hint of blushing and looked away. “Don’t worry about her. She can be a bit… interesting, but she really is a good person and a great friend to have around.

“Well, that’s good,” He gave me a small smile.

“Yea it is,” I say sending back a bigger smile. I grab my backpack and try to stand up, but end up falling towards the lockers. Before I could hit them though, Riley grabbed my hand and helped me stand up straight. “Woops,” I say to him a little embarrassed, “I’m a bit clumsy, and I have almost no balance.” I walk past him towards large double doors. “Alright, let’s get going. Starbucks and my house aren’t far from here, so I hope you don’t mind walking.” Before he can even reply, I push open the double doors and walk out of the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I kind of didn't post this when I had planned to, but at least I finally have another chapter. I know it's not great, but i didn't want to have starbucks and the tutoring in Nick's point of view. I hope you people are enjoying the story. I'll try to write more and post chapters faster.