Sequel: It Will Rain

Love On Top

Tik Tok

With each passing moment, Rowan had more and more difficulty focusing on the Grad Student's lecture over the psychology of media.  A half hour more and she would find out what her next project would be for the Journalism department. (Hopefully covering the Cardinals game against San Jose State.)

Thankfully, Rowan had employed her trusty dusty recorder along with her and was currently employing it so that she could revive it when she was more focused. If that would ever happen again.

Saturday couldn't get here soon enough and unfortunately for her the week had been as slow as molasses in winter time. Every time she thought about going to the game or about Andrew, she'd get all giddy and want the week to go faster. Instead, it seemed like everything would go by slower or she would lose interest in it faster.

She decided to log on to her Facebook and update her status to, 'TGIT' and then comment on her brother's photo of a tower of filling less Oreos. 'Really? That is such a waste, bro!'

Her brother quickly responded by, 'No way, making milkshakes out of it next Aren't you supposed to be in class?'

Rowan almost laughed a loud, 'lol shh, Kale, don't tell the fuz!"

A loud cough from behind her caused her to quickly log off and try to pay attention to what was left of the lecture. Which finally wrapped up, for her to rush off to her Journalism meeting.

"Hey, Ro! What's happening? Can't wait to see who doing what!" Her friend Josh came up from behind her and slung his arm over her shoulders. Normally, she wouldn't minded the contact because that was just how Josh was but now it didn't feel right. So she quickly shrugged him off. When he gave her a questioning look, Rowan was quick to cover up action,

"Sorry, just a little nervous is all."

Josh only smiled and the offered, "I can help you with that." Bringing up his hand to massage the back of her neck in what was supposed to be a soothing manner but it only made her tense up even more.

Rowan stepped away and moved to take a seat in between Quinn and their other friend, Dallas, who both gave her questioning looks. Rowan ignored them only watching as the professor walked up to the front of the room to announce everyone's assignment...

He rambled them off in alphabetical order, one by one, going down the list of students. As he did so, Rowan said prayers begging God to let her cover the game on Saturday and it worked.

"Kowalski, you've got the big game on Saturday. Don't disappoint me. I'm counting on you." He warned almost like he knew there was something going on.

Apparently, the majority of the other students who wanted the job objected to this. Especially, Alison Baker, one of those girls who thinks they have to have all eyes on them all the time. A prefect attitude for being in front of the camera. Something Rowan hadn't wanted until now.

"Come on, what has she ever done? Like how has she earned the job?" She whinnied in her annoyingly high pitched voice. 

Apparently, Professor Harmon had heard her and chose to explain himself even though he didn't have to, "Because of what she hasn't down which is being professional with those of which she is interviewing, Miss. Baker. She also has a much larger knowledge of the game and how it's played. She also seems eager unlike you as of recently."

That shut her up immediately, but it didn't stop her scowl or the daggers she was glaring at Rowan.

"If you keep that expression on your face, it might stay that way." Rowan informed her, "Which would be a huge improvement compared to your usual fake smile."

There were some 'Oh snap's!' and 'burns' that escaped the mouths of some of the guys around us. Quinn and Dallas both offered me their fists which Rowan pounded. Rowan felt freaking awesome. Everyone was quick settle down after a glare from Mr. Harmon.

Rowan was practically skipping out of the meeting room, arm and arm with Quinn and Dallas, 
"Let's go get something to eat! I'm hungry and I wanna celebrate!"

"Totally, Ro! This is an awesome opportunity for you!" Dallas quickly agreed. Of course, he would agree to getting something to eat without a second thought.

Quinn laughed at his enthusiasm before she turned to Rowan, "Where to?"

"How about Papa John's? I want some pizza!" Rowan declared, loudly, jumping up on an abandoned bench on the sidewalk near the architecture and engineering building.

"Yeea-yuh!" Dallas and Quinn hollered in agreement.

"Let's go!" Rowan commanded, jumping down to lead them on but for the second time in one week Rowan find herself colliding with another person. Is it any coincidence that it happens be  the same guy? Luckily, no one got knocked to the ground this time

"Hey." Andrew smiled, "Isn't this a surprise? What are you doing here?"

If Rowan could feel any giddier, she was definitely feeling it now as decided to answer him, "Hey yourself, and I was just going to go get pizza to celebrate my newest venture."

"Do you get to cover the game?" He asked, he seem as anxious she had been waiting to find out.

"Yes!…" Rowan wanted to say more but she was cut off by Quinn,

"Ro, come one! We want pizza!" A blush tinted her cheeks again because she knew Andrew had heard that.

"Ro?" He echoed with an even wider smile, "Is your name Rowan?"

At this point, Rowan decided to make a break for it, but not before saying, "I can't confirm or deny that statement! See ya Saturday, Luck!"

Andrew could only smile and shake his head after her as she jogged over to join her friends. He didn't think that she's look back but she did  and with a smile. He knew he could get used to seeing that smile and her more often.

"Rowan…"


Rowan looked back at Andrew one more time and almost sighed aloud. She knew she could get used to seeing him more often.

"Was that who I thought it was?" Dallas asked with a sly smile on his face. 

Rowan bit her lip unsure of she should answer him or not because it would be weird to explain it to them. She kind of wanted to keep it a secret, "No, it wasn't. Who do you think it is again?"

"Um, I don't know." Dallas caught on. Quinn, however, wasn't happy with the answer but she wasn't going to push her friend. She knew Rowan would tell her in time.

"Now, let's go get that pizza. I smell a party that needs to be started!" Dallas suggested, always knowing when to kill the tension.

"Let's do it!" Both girls agreed at the same time and thus they were off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another rough chapter. Will probably be added to. Leave a comment if you wanna.