I Found My Home.

Waiting

Most of the day creeped by slower that it seemed. Things couldn't go slower, I felt like it was an anime and my rival just told me something I never thought of. The time seemed to go by according to my already slow heartbeat, instead of minutes and hours. I really didnt feel like mentioning seconds.I decided to pass the day by dreaming, so I went to sleep on the lowest bed, as there were three built into the van, the lowest one was dubbed ok for me to use. I climbed in, turned to face the wall, and waited for sleep to overtake me.

It didn't. I sighed, why did it have to be whenever I wanted to sleep I couldn't? Oh well. 'It gives me time to think.' I started daydreaming. Does Manic hate me? Why is he avoiding me? I dreamt of possible answers

"Manic?"
"Yea?"
"Sonic and Sonia are gone."
"O-ok."
"I want to know, why are you avoiding me?"
"I haven't been able to look you in the eyes. . .because, Kia, I hate you." Manic said as he grabbed the edge of the cape that just appeared and he began fading into the forest, glaring at me the whole time. Dramatic music sounded...Dun Dun Dun Daah... for his overly dramatic and slightly corny exit. I was left with a hurt look on my face despite the corniness of it all.


"No way, that's just evil." I said to myself. I started a different idea instead. "Let's think up the opposite."

Manic and I were sitting in the woods by a tiny stream, the log we were stting on was dry, although everything else was wet. It was pretty, even in the dark. Manic and I were facing away from eachother.

"Manic?" I asked tentatively.
"Yea?"
"I wanted to know something."
"Anything. Just ask." I couldn't see his face, all I could see in the dark was the glittering water in the stream and the sparkling dew on the grass, it wasn't much, but it was beautiful.
"Did I do something wrong?" I looked in his direction. I couldonly see an outline, but he was looking back at me.
"Of course not. I was just, a little shy, I'm sorry if you were offended."
"It's ok, I know better." I wanted to add 'I've been through worse' but it seemed like the wrong thing to say. Manic seemed to see it in my eyes either way and I vaguely wondered if he was as blinded by the darkness as I was. Manic touched my cheek, so I figured he could see better than I could. Not like it matters.
"I'm really sorry though. Will you forgive me?" Manic asked I nodded and our noses brushed. "No doubt, you'll need something back." he was so close that I could see his half closed brown eyes. I wasn't able to speak, so I just shook my head.
"You can be selfish you know. I don't mean attention, but, you can ask for a couple things every now and then." His breath tickled my lips. "Do you want to change that answer?" I still couldn't speak, so I just nodded. Manic leaned forward and so did I. Our lips brushed for a second, then we pulled away, not looking at eachother. I glanced back at him, in time for him to turn away, then look back at me. The moon had come out, and it actually started lightly showering before either of us made any other move.
"We better get going." He stood up, stretching his arms, then he reached for my hand and pulled me into a hug.
"Yea." I said simply.


Sonia's voice interrupted my fantasy.

"Kia! Manic! Me and Sonic are going to go scout the area for a while, we'll be back later." She winked at me. I was grateful my daydream wasn't really real. It's not like I love Manic Hedgehog, so it would be wrong after all. I called back to her that I didn't hear her. She repeated it and I knew for sure my little dream was that and just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it was too fluffy for you, Kia was daydreaming and I was listening to the song "If We Were A Movie"