I'll Never Be the Same

Oh Boy, Why You So Speechless?

I started to find myself thinking about what it would be like if I gave into Darren, and just let him have me. I wondered if I would be like the rest of the girls; if he would coax me into sleeping with him and then dump me a few days later.

Under normal circumstances, the issue wouldn’t even be questioned, but the fact that it was almost December and Darren was still making me spend time with him made me wonder. I had never before seen him try this hard to get a girl before. Was I really worth this much time and effort?

“The whole school thinks you and Darren are dating,” Becca said one night when we were having a sleepover. I already knew this, but I didn’t say anything.

When Darren had first started dragging me all over town, the people at school had only whispered to each other in curiosity wondering what was going on. When they didn’t get any answers, they just assumed that we were dating; that Darren Criss had finally committed to someone. I hated the fact that I was affiliated with him in this way, but there was nothing that could be done to reverse the rumor. Besides, I enjoyed seeing new girls at school who didn’t know Darren reject him because someone else told them not to bother; he was taken.

I wondered again about what it would be like to be with Darren. I didn’t imagine I would be any different than the others. He was still trying to get other girls, after all, though he definitely didn’t succeed as much as he used to. I enjoyed seeing him suffer.

---

“I got you a Christmas present,” Darren said as soon as he sat down in our last English class before break.

“Oh darn. And I didn’t get you anything,” I said sarcastically. “You can keep whatever it is you got me.”

“Fine,” he said. “Your loss. Anyways, what are your plans for New Years? I think I’m gonna need a quick English review that night.”

I glared at him and decided not to answer because no matter what I said, he would remind me of some test coming up in English that he might fail if he doesn’t study properly.

When class was over, Darren followed me closely to my locker.

“Can I please get tonight to myself?” I asked, after whipping around to face him. He looked surprised for a second before smirking at me. He grabbed my hips quickly pulling me closer to him. I tried to move away but he wouldn’t loosen his grip.

“How do you plan on making it up to me?” he asked, his voice low. I shoved him hard, making him stumble back slightly. I slammed my locker and hurried out of the school.

“Hailey!” Darren called after me. I ignored him and kept going, picking up the pace to my car. Unfortunately, Darren had caught up to me the moment I had managed to get my door unlocked.

“What do you want?” I shouted at him. My angry eyes clashed with his shocked ones. “Why can’t you just take a hint and leave me alone? In fact, I’ve been giving you more than just hints that I don’t like you! I thought I was being quite obvious, but no, Darren Criss just can’t give up.”

I notice my breathing was a bit heavier than it was a moment ago as I continued to glare at Darren. A moment later, his eyes shifted from mine, staring at his feet.

“Sorry,” he mumbled. He looked back up at me. “I won’t bother you again.”

He turned, leaving me at my car. I watched him walk away. Now I was shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kinda short, but the next update shouldn't take too long because I know what I want to do next!

Comments are very much appreciated! I only have 8 subscribers to this story right now.

~Sally

[Chapter Title Credit: Speechless - Lady Gaga]