Status: In progress.

Bite My Tongue

you're just a lonely star

An empty sigh escaped Harlow’s lips, her arms were folded against her chest, trying to block out the cold chill that blew around her. The temperature seemed to quickly decrease as she made way into a dark alley where the shadows only happened to freeze the atmosphere.

Harlow’s feet slowed down to a stop near the garbage bin that was surrounded by millions of paper filled black trash bags. There, she let herself fall into the lumps of ragged plastic bags and made herself comfortable. Her head fell back to stare up at the midnight sky- even at this time of day, the streets were lively with young people who loved to spend their nights in clubs or even parties.

Yet, Harlow felt so alone in the rowdy streets. She despised partying as she found it only to be a waste of time. The only reason why she had been outdoors was that she was tired of being locked away in her own room. Her family wasn’t bad at all, but the confines of her room had started to suffocate her. All her mind started to want was a little bit of fresh air and an open space. However, Harlow only found herself choosing isolated places such as the alley she was currently in.

A rather loud sigh escaped Harlow’s chapped lips as she ran her hand through her long hair. With a used hair tie, she pulled her purple locks in a bunch and tied them into a pony tail so that it would prevent from the wind blowing her hair all over her face. Her eyes closed slowly as she positioned her body in a small cocoon. A shiver ran through her being, and she silently cursed herself for forgetting her sweater at home. She hadn’t given much thought in how long she would stay out. All she had in mind was that her current location held enough peace that could allow her to nap for a while. No bother. So without another thought, she let her feelings become muted and her brain shut down.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've written but I have a really good feeling about this one. Oh, and the love interest will be on in the second chapter. Hint, hint.

I'd love some feedback.

Title Credit: Bite My Tounge - YMAS