Status: In progress.

Bite My Tongue

who are you now

Josh Franceschi would have never admitted it but the nerves were killing him. The butterflies that took over his gut flew around as if they were in some sort of acid adrenaline rush, and his knees threatened to give out at any moment.

As his band mates started to set up their instruments in the small stage, he paced back and forth, fingers laced together, twitching. Dan, the drummer of the band noticed his friend’s nervous walk and shook his dirty blonde hair with a playful smile. He called out to Josh, and met eyes with the blue eyed boy.

“Josh, you keep pacing back and forth like that and you’ll keep making me dizzy. I almost even want to barf.” Dan said jokingly.

With a weak smile, Josh stopped in his tracks and let out a small laugh. “Sorry mate, this is our first show in the States. I can’t help but to feel like I’ll screw up in front of everybody.”

“Don’t worry so much, you’re making me shat my pant’s, man.” Max, one of the guitarists of the band, commented while he finished tuning his instrument.

“Yeah, you’ll do fine Josh.” Dan gave Josh an approving smile.

“I suppose…” Josh muttered under his breath.

------&-------

Despite the obvious nerves that racked Josh’s being throughout the show, the band had done very good for their first concert in America.

“Good show, man!” One of the guys from a local band yelled at Josh as he made his way to the nearest exit. The humid atmosphere inside the small venue had started to smother Josh since his nerves still seemed to run through his bones.

Josh threw him a smile, relief cooling his veins. Soon, his hands found a door handle that he pushed with little effort, and he was outside in a dark empty street. The cold wind that hit him caused him shiver yet at the same time, the suffocated feeling he had been experiencing inside of the building left him entirely.

He paid no attention to his surroundings, but let his feet wander around the alley. Though, through the corner of his left eye he spotted a mess of purple. He walked nearer to where he sighted the bright color and saw a girl dressed in black. Her small body trembled as the only warmth she was getting was from her arms being wrapped around herself.

Josh towered awkwardly, debating whether or not he should wake up the girl and ask why she was all by herself in a dirty street. That, and if she wanted to borrow his jacket.

Hesitantly, Josh leaned forward and let his right hand touch the sleeping girl gently. Harlow jumped up, panic clouding her groggy eyes.

“What, who are you? What do you want?” She spat out harshly. Josh was taken aback by her attitude but nonetheless remained calm.

“My name is Josh, and I was just going to ask you why you were sleeping in a place like this.”

Harlow looked at him strangely. He has an accent so he must not be from here, she thought. She stood up from the plastic bags and fixed her hair before speaking.

“I just needed some peace and quiet. And a nap.” Was all she said. She let her eyes fall down to the ground.

“Oh. Are you cold? Want my jacket?” Josh asked, already taking off the warm piece of clothing. Although they were both strangers, Harlow took Josh’s jacket and put it on, relishing in the heat.

“Thanks, Josh.” Harlow whispered. Her clothed arms wrapped themselves around her torso as in attempts to restore all of the warmth that had left as she took her nap.

“What’s your name, love?” Josh asked. His blue eyes searched Harlow’s green orbs.

“Harlow.” She gave him a small smile, before letting it fall. “Shit, what time is it?” She asked panicking.

“Possibly nearing midnight. Gotta be somewhere?” Josh asked disappointed. He wanted to keep talking to her.

“Yeah, I should’ve been home since a century ago.” She said playfully. Josh let out a chuckle at her sarcastic joke. She’s cute, he thought.

“Well, it was nice meeting you, Josh. Here let me give you your jacket.” Harlow said hurryingly, she began to remove the jacket before Josh stopped her.

“Don’t worry about it. You need it more than I do, love.” He gave her toothy smile.
Harlow thanked him and returned the smile.

“I’ll come by tomorrow and pick it up, just tell me where you live.” Josh winked at her flirtatiously, only in a joking matter.

“Alright, then.” Harlow giggled at the blue eyed boy’s request. But gave him her address. With a last ‘thank you’, and ‘see you later’, she left Josh all by himself in the dark alley.

“1880 North Drive.” Josh recited, a smile playing on his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harlow's outfit

This one's looooooong.

Feedback, please?

Chapter Title Credit: Who Are You Now by Sleeping with Sirens