Status: Active

Bulletproof Heart

I Got A Bulletproof Heart

Frank’s POV:

“Haley!”
“Frankie!”
“I’m hungry!”
“Well then you can go get yourself a sandwich. I’m not your servant.”

I sat on the couch, pouting at her. So far it’s been two and a half weeks since Haley joined us on tour and it’s been the most fun we’ve had in a long time. She’s the one who keeps Bob in line when he’s being moody and annoying and she’s also the one keeping the bunk warm at night.

There was no denying it. I was falling head over heels for her. She was beautiful, funny, smart. Everything I could want and more. I think she knew that I was falling for her but she didn’t show it. I just prayed that she too was falling for me. It’s been a while since I had a proper girlfriend I just hoped that Haley would be different to the girls I dated before.

She was currently standing in front of me, hands on her hips and frowning at me. I carried on pouting and slowly it seemed to be working. She was now trying to not smile and she was failing… miserably.

“Fine then. You need to come with me though. I can never remember everything you like on your sandwiches.”
“I’ll get my coat.”

I jumped up and ran towards the bunk area.

Haley’s POV:

I sighed, laughing to myself a little, and sat down next to Ray. He looked up from his comic book and smiled at me.

“What’s up Mini Way.”
“I need to learn some resistance against Frank’s pout.”
“Seems someone has a case of Iero infatuation.”

I gaped at him.

“Excuse me?”
“Face it, you think he’s ‘cute’, ‘hot’ whatever girls think of him now. Difference you know what he’s like. Yours is more of an affection than infatuation but… you still have to admit that you’re falling hard for the midget.”

I blushed a deep red and gave Ray a little wink and a smile. He was right. During the past couple of weeks I had begun seeing Frank in a different light than just one of my brothers’ weird friends. E was my friend too now and so what if I wanted a little more. He’s hot, I’m a woman… sue me.

I reached over and ruffled Ray’s hair a little bit.

“You already know that you’re right so there’s no need to go on about it. I’m pretending that this conversation never happened. Get that?”

He nodded and gave me a mock salute.

“What conversation?”
“HALEY! HURRY UP!”
“Go on, go get loverboy his sandwich before he starts eating us.”

I gave Ray the finger as I left the bus and shut the door behind me.

“Right, where’s the nearest Jimmy John’s?”
“I’ll show you.” Frank told me, taking the lead as always.

I wrapped my arm around his waist as we walked and when he gave me a questioning look I told him it was for warmth which wasn’t a complete lie but I did because he smelled good too and being with him just made me want to hug him, hold him, kiss him… My mind started to wander down a naughty path when Frank wrapped his arm around my shoulders, causing me to jump.

“Thinking too hard again Haley?”
“Only about important things.”
“So you say.”

I grinned up at him and rested my head against his shoulder. His response was to kiss the top of my head.

“Come on, our sandwiches await us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: Give Me What I Want - Kids In Glass Houses