‹ Prequel: Who'd Have Known.

The One That Got Away

I'm barely holding onto you.

"You've no idea how much you mean to me, Juliet," he looked awfully hurt as he said this. I so was taken back that I stopped crying in surprise. He looked so vulnerable at that moment. "Fuck, Juliet. You've really no idea what you're doing to me, what desire you trigger inside of me... You've really no idea how much I..."

"How much you what, Johnny?" I asked under my breath. I wanted no, I needed to hear him say it. "Say it."

"Please Juliet, don't do this to me," he pleaded burying his face in his hands. I took a step closer to him and started streaking his silky dark hair with a shaking hand. He removed his hands from his face and looked directly at me with his sorrowful eyes. I felt bad for pushing him away but I needed to hear it so badly.

"Say it," I whispered almost inaudibly. He took my hands and linked them with his, them beautiful brown eyes that I loved so much gazed down at mine.


'Ladies and Gentlemen we will shortly be arriving in Los Angeles, hope you've enjoyed the flight'

I woke up in a sweat. The moment Johnny told me he loved me.... I sighed. Soon I would be back home after two years, welcome with either open arms or a cold slap in the face. I looked down at my wrist, buried beneath all the bangles and bracelets the tattoo I got with Johnny. Peace, love and happiness. Should be war, hate and sadness. I remember Johnny squeezing my hand as the artist scared my skin.

What am I doing? Thinking of Johnny.

I shook my head and turned the television on in front of me, I had to take my mind of that man somehow. As I flicked through the endless channels my father's new film came on the screen. Dark Shadows. Oh and Johnny's new film as well. Funny, a film that involves a witch who curses a man to be a vampire all because he doesn't love her and kills his current girlfriend. Well done dad wonder where you got a few ideas from. Before I could turn to the next channel I lifted an eyebrow as I watched Eva Green on the screen.

Here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to destroy everything you love, so that you'll have nothing left in your life but me!

I rolled my eyes, how typical of my father to make a film with a strong theme of jealously. I turned off the screen. Even looking at Johnny's face made me feel sick. I sat back as the place began to descend on LA.

**************

'Juliet! What you doing back in LA?'
'Are you and Johnny back together?'
'How long are you back for?'

Urgh. Papparazzi. I ignored the questions and comments as I collected my bags and headed towards the exit. Before I could step out of the terminal, a loud screech reached my ear. I looked up and ahead of me was my mad mother, running with open arms towards me. I hugged her tightly as she grabbed a hold of me.

"Hey mom, how are you?" I choked, I pulled myself away from her death grip and laughed.

"I'm fine! Come on, lets get you home, we have a lot to tell you!" She squealed in excitment as she dragged me to the car. I raised an eyebrow. What has she possibly got to tell me?