Status: Working on it =)

The Wall Flower Girl

Goodbyes

Gracie

My face pressed against the cold marble floor, I was awake. But I kept my eyes closed, because when I opened them, all those bruises would be real. All that pain, it wouldn't be just a blurry dream like it was now. My whole body radiated a dull ache, but I l knew if I moved it would become that sharp burning pain I almost always woke up.

I just laid there, for at least another twenty minutes before I realized I was leaving for school today, I needed to get up. I tested my legs gingerly, even though it hurt terribly I knew he had not broken any bones, and for that I was glad. I stood up, wobbly on my battered legs. I made my way towards the mirror.

I grimaced at my reflection, noticing the large purple bruise on my check and my swollen bottom lip. I pulled out my concealer and began to tenderly cover the bruise, until it was barely visible. I touched my lip gently, jerking back slightly as pain shot through my lip. I sighed, and left my room, walking the stairs carefully, gripping the rail tightly.

I noticed glass from a fire whiskey bottle on the floor, and stepped around it. He could clean up his own messes. I stepped into the kitchen, and our house elf, Indi sweeping up more glass. I walked over slowly, and she spun around, giving me a pitying look.

"Ms. Grace please let m-" She began, but I stopped her.

"Can I have some ice please?" I asked, and she nodded, popping out of the room with a loud crack, only to appear a moment later with a small ice pack. I gave her a small smile, thanked her, and then went back to my room to finish getting ready.

Three hours later I was dressed, and once again staring at myself in the mirror. My clothes hung off my thin frame, and I sighed. We had a lot of money, but dad spent most of it on booze. I didn't eat that often while I was home.

I grabbed my trunk and made my way down the stairs, my frail arms shaking under the weight of all my things. It wasn't until I reached the foot of the stairs that I saw my father still asleep on the couch, a half empty vodka bottle in his hand. I shook my head and grabbed it, and sat it on the table beside him.

When I went back the kitchen, again Indi was there. I smiled and wrapped my arms tightly, well as tightly as my bruises would allow, around her. She tensed for a moment then relaxed, hugging me back. Indi and I had a good relationship. She'd been there for me through it all, been there to heal my wounds after every beating. But I didn't want her to worry, so usually I hid my bruises from her.

"Be careful Ms. Grace," She whispered.

"Take care of my dad for me okay?" I replied, and she nodded. I grabbed the keys to the car my father's job provided off the counter, told Indi goodbye, and one last fleeting look walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my new story! I really like the idea of writing a story that shows two different sides of Draco. Sorry if its boring it'll get better as Draco arrives. Word count 551