Status: Working on it =)

The Wall Flower Girl

Gracie Rose

Draco

I could only describe my home life in two words. A living hell. I was never good enough in my dad's eyes, nothing I did was ever right. Fifteen years I'd been living in it. I've always pretended like what he said never hurt me. But over the years I came to hate my father. When I was little I wanted to be just like him, until I began to get older, and realize what he did. My mother kept trying to tell he was a good man, he was just mixed up in some bad things. And I used to believe that. But now, I knew what he really was.

"Draco?" My mother's voice snapped me from my thoughts, and I looked up from where I had been staring at my hands. She walked in, trying to hide the fact she'd been crying even though I knew she had been.

"What did he do?" I asked, knowing she could hear the anger in my voice. I loved my mother, but I didn't know why she stayed with my father. Well, I did, but I didn't understand how she loved him enough to stay. She shook her head.

"Nothing dear, nothing. Are you packed? We need to leave soon," She quickly changed the subject, and sighing, I nodded. She would never talk to me about it, she didn't want me to worry about her. But I always worried.

"All right then," She kissed my forehead and beckoned for me to follow her downstairs so we could leave. I grabbed my trunks and followed her. My father was standing there, his face cold and emotionless. I bit back a look of disgust and he looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

"Eight thirty six, should have left six minutes ago Draco. I thought I told you to be on time! We better go now, before you find some way to make us later," He snapped, cracking his cane against the floor. A second later my mother grabbed his arm and mine, and the familiar feeling of being sucked through a straw hit me. Then my feet hit solid ground and I almost lost my balance. Another annoying crack of that cane.

We had apparated right outside of King's Cross, and we made our way towards the station in silence. When we reached it, my father's face twisted in disgust. He began to mutter about blood purity and mud bloods, so I blocked him out. I looked around the station lazily, until someone caught my eye.

She was tiny, maybe five feet tall, and struggling with a trunk that probably weighed than she did. Her jet black hair fell into her face, and she kept trying to flip it out of the way. She was pretty, not the most gorgeous girl, but pretty none the less. None of that was what struck me about this girl. It was her eyes. They were the bluest eyes I'd ever seen, but they were also the saddest. It was haunting, that look in her eyes of being broken, too broken too ever truly be fixed. She stared at me for a moment, then dropped her eyes back to her bag. I turned around but those eyes were all I could see. I had to know who she was. Without a word I walked away from my parents and over to her.

Her head snapped up when I was about five feet away from her, giving me a curious doe eyed stare, one eyebrow raised slightly. As I got closer I noticed her eyes seemed bluer than I'd originally thought.

"Need some help?" I asked, holding my hand out for her trunk. She shook her head and opened her mouth to protest, but I interrupted her.

"Just let me carry it for you. The thing looks like it's got a good twenty pounds on you," I joked, chuckling. She gave me a small smile, and hesitantly handed me her trunk. I grinned at her.

"Are you new? I haven't seen you around before," I thought I heard her mutter something like 'you wouldn't have.' but she just gave me another smile, but I immediately knew this one was fake. I studied her as I waited for an answer, noticing the hint of a bruise under her eyes, and a tiny split in her bottom lip.

"No, I've gone here since our first year. I'm in Ravenclaw," She replied quietly with a shrug. I narrowed my eyebrows. I knew all the girls in my year, but I'd never seen her before. I would have remembered her.

Then the whistle to the train blew and we walked up to the door. She gave me a genuine smile and stepped onto the train. I grabbed her arm, and she flinched, jerking it back immediately. I gave her a curious look and she shook her head.

"I didn't catch your name. I'm Draco, by the way,"

"I'm Gracie, Gracie Rose," I blinked and she was gone. I sighed and got on the train, my thoughts drifting towards the mysterious blue eyed girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wanted to show how draco and gracie's lives were a little alike in this chapter. Comments and subscriptions make me happy! =) Word count: 857