Status: complete(: sequel has been posted.

Weightless

000

10:58 a.m. and Chloe Danske had already made two trips to the bathroom. When she had awoken at 4:00 a.m. this morning she had promised herself there would be no food today. No vicious cycle of stuff and puke, stuff and puke, stuff and puke. But half an hour and an entire refrigerator later, her face was in the toilet. She promised herself, again, that there would be no more food. But at 10:30 a.m. there was a birthday in her second period class. That meant cake and soda and cake. And she ate and ate and ate. Then she quietly excused herself and ran to the bathroom. So here she was, forcing her body to reject the sin she had swallowed.

At 11:00 a.m. Chloe was still dry heaving, but there was nothing left to expel. She stood up, wiping her mouth, and exited the stall. She cleaned the mascara off her cheeks, reapplied her lipstick, and popped a piece of gum. Then she calmly walked out of the bathroom and out of Dulaney High School's front doors. Three hours was more than enough school for the day.

Chloe wrapped her thin arms around herself, shivering despite the Baltimore sun in the sky. She reached into her purse and extracted a Turkish Royal and a yellow lighter. Smoke burned her acid eroded throat, but she continued to inhale.

Leaves rained down upon Chloe’s head as walked and walked and walked. Without a destination in mind, she was in no rush. The cigarette butt was stained red, from the lipstick or her bleeding gums she didn’t know. A car drove up behind her and slowed down. She glanced back, her expression blank, before continuing on her way. The car sped up, leaving exhaust in its wake.

***

10:58 a.m. and Alexander Gaskarth sat in the back of his second period classroom scarfing down cake with his best friend Jack Barakat. They laughed and shoved each other around, their pretty faces glowing with popularity. The girls sitting near them glanced over, seductive smirks on their faces. Alex winked at the busty blonde, she licked her lips, before returning to his cake. He caught sight of the skinny girl slipping out the door, then lost interest and laughed at something Jack was saying.

At 11:04 a.m. Alex and Jack had met up with Rian Dawson and were making their way out to his car. None of them particularly cared for math and how would it ever help their music career anyway. Rian complained about not getting cake. Alex slung his arm around his friend’s shoulder. He patted Rian’s stomach, commenting that sugar wasn’t healthy when you were pregnant. Jack howled with laughter and Rian shoved a grinning Alex away. They sped out of the school parking lot, discussing the parties they planned to attend this weekend.

At 11:07 a.m. Jack pointed to the side of the road at the same skinny girl that had left class early. Her white blonde hair blew in the wind and she puffed on a cigarette. Intrigued, Alex slowed down as they came up behind her. She stopped, turning around to stare at the car, no emotion in her eyes. Alex was struck by how pale her face was, how big her eyes seemed, and how red her lips looked. She turned back around and continued walking.

Rian reached forward and clapped the back of Alex’s head, telling him it was rude to stare. Jack called him a creep. They laughed and Alex pressed on the accelerator once more, leaving the girl in their dust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teaser. Keep or kill?
Chloe.