Status: complete(: sequel has been posted.

Weightless

038

“Damn it!” Alex screamed, punching his locker.

“What’s wrong, bro?” Jack asked, moving his gaze from the inside of his locker to his best friend who was now nursing his hand. Alex looked at him with sad eyes and Jack sighed. “Chloe.”

“I just don’t understand. Why can’t we do anything more?”

“I don’t know, man.” Jack wrapped an arm around the singer’s thin shoulders.

“He’s obviously hurting her and no one is doing anything about it! It’s just wrong! And I’m not going to let it keep happening.” Alex said with determination in his eyes.

“What’s our plan?” Jack asked. Alex glanced at him skeptically.

Our plan?”

“Hell yeah, dude! You’re not rescuing Chlobo without me! And I doubt Rian and Zack are going to let you leave them out of it either.”

“Does she actually let you call her Chlobo?” Alex questioned, slight amusement replacing his melancholy mood.

“No.” Jack grinned wolfishly. “But have I ever let that stop me before, Gaskank?” Alex smiled before remembering Chloe and sighing again. “So what’s the plan?”

“Are you opposed to kidnapping?”

“Nope.” Jack smiled again.

“Go find Rian and tell him to bring his car out front. Then meet me outside of History.” Jack nodded and raced off. Alex made his way to the only class he shared with Chloe and waited outside. She wouldn’t avoid him this time.

Chloe sighed as she left the bathroom. She felt terrible about rushing away from Alex earlier. She’d had no other choice though. Since refusing to talk to the boys, her chances of getting hurt by Marcus had dramatically reduced. Though he might not have trusted her, and Chloe knew he had every reason not to, he did trust her phone records. And since there was no indication of her contacting any of them, not even Zack, it felt like the old Marcus was coming back. Of course, he still needed to remind her every once in a while how much better he could do and Chloe happened to be nursing a sprained wrist right now. She had managed to drop down to 102 pounds though, and Marcus’ smile at the number had made her feel so loved. And it had made her realize she would do anything just to see that smile. So, she continued to run away from Zack and Alex and Jack and Rian. They would just ruin everything.

Which was why when she caught sight of Alex’s skinny frame waiting outside of their classroom, she stopped dead in her tracks. He was tapping his fingers against his thigh anxiously, head looking around. His eyes landed on the small blonde just a few feet away and he moved towards her. Her blue eyes filled with panic and she thawed. Alex hurried towards her before she could escape. She turned on her heel as quickly as possible only to smack right into Jack. His lanky arms quickly wrapped around her and she squeaked.

“Let’s go.” Alex voice sounded behind her.

Without warning, she was lifted into the air and slung over the guitarists bony shoulder. She let out a squeal of pain as a fading bruise bumped against his collar bone. She raised her head, connecting her eyes with Alex’s. Her gathering tears pulled on his heartstrings, but he wasn’t going to let her run away anymore. She tried to hit Jack’s back, but her wrist screamed at her and she knew she wasn’t causing him any pain anyway. So she hung limply and prayed someone would stop them, questioning just exactly why they were carting her away.

No one did, however, and Chloe found herself being placed in the back of Rian’s car. Alex slipped in next to her, Jack taking the front seat. Rian peeled away from the school, his grip tightening on the wheel.

“Why are you doing this?” Chloe whispered, staring desperately at Alex.

“You know why, Chloe.”

“Alex, don’t.”

“No. You don’t.”

“Please. You don’t understand.”

“You’re right. I don’t understand.” Chloe sighed, thinking he would finally give it up and move on. “I don’t understand how you can stay with him after everything he’s done to you. I don’t understand how you could think that it’s okay or that you deserve it. I don’t understand you at all.”

“Then stop trying.” She pleaded.

“I can’t. Chloe, I fucking can’t just leave you alone to deal with this. He’s a monster.”

“No, he said he’s sorry. He said he loves me. Sometimes you just have to look past people’s flaws. That’s love.”

“That not love, Chloe. Pain is not love. Love is special and beautiful and perfect. Just like you.”

Chloe closed her eyes and turned away from Alex. No one ever understood and she just didn’t have the energy to defend it anymore. Besides, it wasn’t anyone else’s business who she loved. Marcus made her so much better. He made her perfect. Or as close as Chloe was ever going to get to it.

At the silence in the back, Jack turned around and looked at Alex. He noticed Chloe had curled up in the seat and was now staring out the window, her face completely blank. Alex looked miserable. Jack smiled at him softly. Alex turned his head so that his eyes rested on Chloe. This was the right thing. It had to be.

“We’re here.” Rian stated softly.

Chloe couldn’t even care about the fact that they had taken her to Zack’s house. She had shut herself down. That was the best way to deal with these situations, she had discovered. People wanted a response. If you failed to give them one, they would give up. Rian and Jack left the car, leaving Alex alone with Chloe.

“We just want to help you, Chloe. I just want to help you.”

Chloe didn’t respond, instead opening her door and walking towards the house. Alex sighed and followed behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, I just reread the last chapter. I am so, so sorry you guys. I cannot not even believe I posted something that terrible. Hopefully this makes up for it? Even though it's short, I promise there will be drama next chapter. By the way, this story has NINE STARS. You're amazing.

Thank you to Helpless and newyork_xo for commenting even though the chapter sucked so much.
Love you guys(: