Status: complete(: sequel has been posted.

Weightless

007

When Alex finally finished wrapping Chloe’s wrist, he handed it back to her gently. She hadn’t spoken a word since snapping at him, and refused to meet his eyes. She pulled her sleeves back down and Alex’s eyes lit up.

“Hey! You’re wearing my sweatshirt.” He smiled smugly as she lifted her eyes to glare at him.

He saw her look of disgust, but there was also a light blush coloring her cheeks. He watched her hastily unzip it and try to shove it in his hands, refusing to meet his eyes.

“Nope. I want you to keep it.”

Chloe stared at the boy in front of her for a moment. His hair was entirely to shaggy, making her ache for a pair of scissors to trim it. And his eyes were to warm. Brown was supposed to be dark, not light. His jeans were too skinny, making him look even thinner than he actually was. Asshole. He probably eats all he wants. Fucking bastard.

But she liked the softness of his hoodie and the smell of it too. Sighing, she pulled it back on, pulling the sleeves down to hide her wrist. Alex’s grin got even wider and Chloe tried hard not to grimace.

“So!” He clapped his hands together. “Seeing as we still have 20 minutes until we need to be at school and I can get us there in 5, what do you say we have some breakfast.”

Alex studied her facial features. Surely he hadn’t seen panic cloud her eyes. All he suggested was food, not a romp in his bedroom. He blinked, and the disgust was back on her face.

“I think not.”

Chloe brushed past him and stood by the door, waiting for him to follow. Alex twisted his mouth in confusion but made his way out of the bathroom as well.

“I’m hungryyyy.” He whined.

“Do I look like I give a shit?” Chloe crossed her arms across her chest, her hip popping out in defiance.

“Well, I’m eating.” He stated, leaving her staring blankly at his back as he walked into the kitchen.

Don’tgointhere.

“Chloeeeee! I’m lonely!”

Don’tgointhere.

“Come sit with me!”

Don’tgointhere.

“Please, Chlo?”

Don’tgointhere.

Alex was getting slightly frustrated. He wanted this girl around him. Even if she wouldn’t talk, he wanted to be sitting with her. He wanted to be able to see her, as creepy as it sounded. He wanted to study her, and pull her out from whatever walls she was hiding behind.

“I told you not to call me Chlo.” She barked, finally appearing in the kitchen.

Alex shrugged an popped a cookie in his mouth. He saw the look in her eyes and held one out to her. She looked at it as if he was offering her a lit bomb.

Don’teatthat.
I want it.
No. You don’t.
One bite won’t hurt.
You’re pathetic.

Slowly, she extended her hand and snatched it from him. She started to nibble on it and he smiled.

“Tell me about yourself.” He demanded. “Zack’s never mentioned you before, but he obviously doesn’t hate you so I don’t understand why.”

Chloe snorted. Alex hid a grin. She was adorable.

“Because I told him not to talk about me. I didn’t want to mess up his life.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I fucked up. I used to go to Towson, but some shit happened. Not a whole lot of people knew we were related there, and I wanted to make sure no one knew at Dulaney. He’s got something really good going for him. I don’t need to fuck that up too.”

Chloe quickly clamped her mouth shut. What the hell was she doing?! She didn’t talk to people like this. Only Zack. And this was Mr. Cock-of-the-Walk himself. He wasn’t going to keep her secrets. He was just another douchebag disaster waiting to happen. She dropped the half-eaten cookie on the counter and turned away from him.

“We should leave. We’re going to be late for school.”

And with that she walked out the front door leaving a bewildered Alex behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaaack. Sorry, it's been a while. December is a shitty month for me. But I just got home from California and the school of my freaking dreams and I came up with so many great ideas for this story. I've already worked out the ending and I can tell you there is going to be a sequel. Excited? I am.(: