One Step Closer to Your Heart

Friendship (Part 1)

~Chanelle's P'O'V~
Niall got his key out of his back pocket, and twisted and pushed the key until it fell into the right place. He pushed the door wide with one hand, stood against it, and looked at me in the eye. He motioned me to go inside first, with a smirk planted on his face. I walked inside the room, with the whole downstairs quiet and empty. Niall closed the front door, locked it, and wandered off to the kitchen. From the looks of it, the boys were on the other floor, probably releasing their energy, so I jogged upstairs.

There I found them, Louis jumping on the bed, laughing to himself, facing the wall. Zayn with an average size bucket of water, half filled, ready to be thrown at Liam. Liam, using a body pillow as a cover, with a horrified look on his face.

I sat down on the floor, next to the bed where Louis was jumping on. I watched this amusing entertainment going on, right in front of my eyes. A little while later, Louis plopped down, lightly kicking me on the back of my head. He pounced up on me, holding my head, saying sorry for about a thousand times. Pretty ironic that this is where Niall hit his head, as well.

Niall came up with a slice of pizza, reminding us that our parents were going to be home in 30 minutes. I got up to go downstairs, to make a treat for our families, just to be kind. Niall followed, like a lost puppy desperately looking for an owner on the streets.

I roamed the cabinets looking for the materials, such as the fruit, cream, utensils, and a large bowl. Niall helped, and found most of the things. I got the peaches, cherries, grapes, and coconut diced while Niall helped me open the can and pour it in. We finished with a high five and put the fruit into tiny cups. The doorbell rang and it was Harry and Anne with our bikes.

Niall went outside to open the garage for them, and came back with a face trying to hold back laughter. I didn't ask, he always loved making it very awkward for every one of the boys. Harry returned with an accomplished look on his face, and a piece of paper in his hand with numbers. He fist pumped the air and went upstairs to the boys. Niall came walking back in, while I was finishing the last cup.

We exchanged funny faces and saw headlights pass by on our driveway.

"They're home, boys!" Niall called as loudly as he can so the boys can hear. We heard them run yelling, and weeping, trying to hide. I laughed, and ran to open the door for our families.

I gave them all a hug and a cup of fruit salad, and sat down with Niall to have a chat with the grown ups. They talked about the party, dinner, and a movie and how they wished they could do it again sometime. They all agreed. The conversation ran out of things to say, so the boys' families called them to say that they're going home. Slowly, they came down, slumping. Niall and I gave hugs saying that we'll see them in 2 weeks.

My family, Niall's family, Niall, and I walked out to wave goodbye. Once the last car was out of distance, we went inside just to clean up. My mom decided that we would spend a night. Niall let out the biggest smile and dragged me upstairs to do what we did at sleepovers like these. He took out his video games, a big clock to set an all-nighter, junk food, and the phone book with numbers of everyone that had a phone in the whole school.

We yelled out "Goodnight" to our parents and shut the door. Niall threw a shirt at me, and a pair of basketball shorts. I walked to the bathroom to change, while Niall set up our beds on the floor. I came out, and jumped on Niall, whose back was facing me.

He almost lost his balance, but manage to get back up on his feet. He twirled me around and plopped me down on the air mattress and dumped Cheetos all over me. I couldn't stop laughing. He looked at me, and couldn't keep a straight face on. He sat down next to me, while playing the easiest game he had, Mario Kart.