One Step Closer to Your Heart

Passing Notes

Niall and I arrived at school and went to our first class, which was chemistry. Since we weren't assigned seats, and were allowed to sit wherever, we chose the back.

We were taking notes about the movement of electrons and what's ironic was that Niall was passing ME notes. I turned my eyes back to the board and pushed the note back to him, mouthing 'not now'. He pushed it back, then went down to get something in his backpack. I sighed and opened it.

"I'm going to miss you when I'm gone. So much :) We'll still skype though, right?" I couldn't help but smile, then wrote back.

"I'm going to miss you so much too! And yes, we will (:" I noticed our smileys were different, and passed it back to him.

While he was putting it away, I looked up at the table next to us, and saw a girl, Valerie, giving me an annoyed, bitchy look. I annoyed her by smiling and waving. She looked away rolling her eyes. She's one of the girls that has liked Niall for a long time, but never admitted it. And she gets really, super envious. In grade school, she's always been the bully, to everyone. She wanted everything her way. She bullied me a couple times, verbally. Physically, once. It never really did hurt me, because I knew I was right in the topic she was fighting about. Niall loving her. I never stooped down to her level. I'm a better person than that. Niall and I are just best friends, that was it. Nothing more or less. And I wanted, right now, to stay like that. We're like brothers and sisters, and we can't help that we're going to miss each other and cry our eyeballs out.

The bell rang and she got tripped by another classmate. Karma's an evil thing, doll.

Niall and I went to the rest of our same classes together. Calculus, Physics, Psychology, Literature and Composition, Technology, and Physical Education. At lunch, we sat with our other friends at lunch. He playfully fed me, which I secretly loved about him. He was a sweet person that liked being playful. He's going to have a very perfect girlfriend for him someday.

At Physical Education, our last class, the final bell rang early for conferences. The second I heard it, my heart dropped, my eyes started to water, and my breath got short. Time to say goodbye.