One Step Closer to Your Heart

Welcome Home

Today was very overwhelming. I got up early for school, paid attention in class and aced my daily quiz, was in the joyest mood, and happily screamed of excitement and laughter every chance I was given. Niall was coming back from Manchester with his bandmates this afternoon. He made it! My family and his decided to surprise them at his home. A "Welcome Home" party. I was going to help decorate the house right away after school.

I practically jogged all the way home. I wasn't able to use my car since the engine died on me and I didn't have time to get a new one or get it fixed. When I saw Mrs. Horan coming out of her car with dozens of balloons, I ran. I helped her get them from her car and shut the door for her. I got her key and opened the front door, and my jaw dropped.

The house looked amazing. Balloons covered the whole ceiling that you couldn't see it at all. There were a huge, green banner hanged on top of the entrance to the kitchen, that read "Welcome Home!" with xo's around it. There were confetti on the floor, couches, carpet. There were plenty of food, which Niall's gonna devour all.

She still needed to cook a few more things, so of course, I helped her with it. My family then came over, Greg and Mr. Horan, Louis's family, Liam's, Zayn's, and Harry's. Also our friends from school. Greg was going to pick up the boys and would drop them off here. I was so damn excited.

~Niall's P'O'V~
I was fooling around with Liam, waiting for our bags. I saw mine and right before my fingers could get to it, someone grabbed my shoulder. It was Greg.

"You scared the living shit out of me."

"It was good to see you again, as well." He hugged the rest of the boys. We got all our luggage and walked to the parking lot and dumped them in the trunk. It saddened me that Chanelle didn't pick us up. I was hoping she'd be in the van, and pop out and scare us once we opened the door. I wanted to hug her, hear her contagious laugh. I just wanted to see my best friend.

We got off the freeway and I became anxious. What is she doing? What if she forgot I was coming? Why did she stay home and not pick us up? All these unnessesscary questions kept popping into my brain. What is there to worry about? She would never forgot our arrival.

We were in front of my house. Nothing new. Probably the lawn cut grass, but nothing specially new. I walked to the front steps of my door following Greg. He put his hand on the knob but didn't turn. I gave him a confused look with the guys.

"Welcome home buddy." We gasped when he opened the door to reveal all our families, and friends in one room yelling "surprise". We walked into the room and went straight to our family. We missed them so much. I said hello to a few of my friends and immediately asked where Chanelle was. I got interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I got annoyed because I was trying to find Chanelle in that crowded room, until it was her that tapped me.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I apologetically said. She gave a laugh and we standed there. I broke the silence.

"I missed you." Her eyes went from the floor to me and jumped in my opening arms. I missed her so much. Skype wasn't enough. I couldn't believe it's been a week. We needed to make up the time we lost when we were gone. I'll try to get the boys to join us, probably.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what I'm doing when I drink a fluid that has caffeine. Writing chapters at 2:29 in the morning.