Status: Processing Stage

Brought Through Time

Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.

Late 1978

I groaned as I entered my shabby loft, my hand went to my messy black hair. I stumbled into the living room and bumped into the book shelve that held all my little knick knacks that I seemed to keep.

I flinched at the things that fell to the ground. Going on my hands and knees I reach out and grab the furthest things pulling them towards me and placing them back on the shelve next to me. I would fix it tomorrow, I looked down noticing a golden pocket watch I had never really noticed I owned til then. That's when the memory of my grandfather giving it to me before he passed. His words still haunted me as I felt his cold hands on my smaller ones.

"Evie darling, There's time enough, but none to spare." He whispered his favorite quote to me, his blue eyes glazed in memory of something long ago. "Be careful my Evie, don't let the darkness succeed"

I furrowed my brows and reached out to it before feeling a sharp tug at my bellybutton, I closed my eyes and felt my hair fly away from my face and neck, once the cold air brushed against my exposed skin I blinked my eyes open, looking around me in shock as I was now outside.

“Bloody Hell.” I muttered slowly standing up the pocket watch still in my hands as I glanced around me. I was on some path with woods on both sides a metal fence was in front of me and I jumped hearing them open up creaking from old age. Something told me to continue and I followed the trail turning my head and watching as the gates closed again.

I pulled my coat closer to me as the cool wind blew around me, my eyes darted around widening as I spot a castle in front of me beyond the trees, the path seemed to take me closer as I stopped once I reached the front of the castle. My eyes took in the huge castle in wonder, I didn’t even notice the front door of the castle open and a older man stood there.

“I was wondering when you would show up Mrs. Eve Brooks.” his voice said calmly making me snap my eyes to him. He knew my name. I was confused so totally confused and hungover.

“Come child it’s much warmer in here. I’ll explain everything once we get you inside and warm.” he said gesturing for me to come in. For some reason I felt myself follow him inside. My eyes wondered around the huge entrance and the halls as we continued to a room lined with books and pictures that seemed to shift.

I soon was seated in front of a desk and the man sat behind his half moon spectacles on his face gave him the grandfather look.

“I believe your wondering why you are here?”

“Where is here?” I spoke fingering my sleeves. I watched him pull out a stick and swished it and a teapot and two tea cup appeared. My eyes widen and I felt my mouth gapping.

“You my dear Mrs. Brooks are a witch.” he said calmly ignoring my shocked looks as I darted my eyes to the stick which now was a wand in my mind and the floating teapot and teacups.

“What” I squeaked as the teacup hovered in front of me, I timidly reached out and took it in my hands.

“The pocket watch you have in your pocket may I see it?” he asked. I reached and felt the cool gold watch and pulled it out and handed it to him.

“It was my grand-dads sir.” I whispered watching him look it over.

“Yes Reginald had this when I last saw him, though that was many years ago.” he said handing it back to me I blinked at my grand-dads name. I reached out and took it.

“Sir you said I was a witch?” I spoke.

“Your grandfather was a wizard, a powerful wizard seeing as he had went to a different dimension which is why you are here Mrs. Brooks.” I sat there in silence. “He knew that one of his descendants would come back he didn’t know which one though and it was you Eve, your power is almost exactly like his.” he said

“You mean my grand-dad knew something like this would happen? I’m in a different dimension for some reason because he was some powerful wizard. Sir you must have the wrong Reginald Brooks because my grand-dad was a retired dentist.” She spoke

“I figured this would occur here.” he swished his wand again and a photo album appeared on my lap. “It was your Grandfather’s.” he spoke softly.

I looked up at him then down at the album and opened the cover looking at a younger version of my grand-dad but he looked just like my dad does. What really shocked me was the picture. It was moving!

I turned the page seeing a younger looking man next to him in another photo. There was even one when I believe he was in school seeing as he was younger looking with a uniform on.

“Sir.”

“My name is Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, I’m the headmaster here at Hogwarts. A school of witchcraft and wizardry.” he said with a ghost of a smile his eyes twinkled behind his glasses