Status: Processing Stage

Brought Through Time

Time moves in one direction, memory in another.

“Albus why am I here?” I asked cautiously.

“I believe this sphere can tell you.” he said as a box floated towards me I closed the album and watched as the box laid gently in my lap.

I looked up and opened the hatch and saw a sphere sitting in the cushion pillowed insides. Grey swirled around with wisps of blues and purples. My hand automatically found it’s way to it.

“Brought through time the one that will be able to change it and save lives will arrive. With the power of time those who go against the Dark Lord will have the upper hand. Knowledge is power, time is but the essence of it. Bring forth the innocence of the Blackened Blood show what innocent really is with time.”

I blinked and shook my head as I looked back at Albus.

“Time.” I whispered as my grand-dads words echoed in my mind.

“I believe you will be needing a trip to Diagon Alley, your grandfather’s inheritance is yours of course. You’ll need this to get to it though.” He said handing me a gold look key. “I’ll have one of the Order Members go with you she’ll know exactly what you’ll need.”

‘Order Members, dear lord what have I gotten myself into.’

time skip

I stood nervously in some pub called the Three Broomsticks as I fidgeted with my long sleeve turtleneck through the sleeves of the robe I was wearing. The fashion here was so much different. I was surprised when I was taken to a flat in London a little ways away from the Three Broomsticks and it was fully stocked with my size of clothes and food. I wondered if Albus had been waiting for me.

“Excuse me? Ma’am.” A voice asked me I turned around seeing a red head standing next to me her bright green eyes. “Hello my name is Lily Evans.” She said with a grin. “You must be Eve Brooks?” she asked.

“Yes that’s me.” I said

“The professor told me a description of what you looked like and that you’d probably have a pocket watch around your neck.” she said with a grin her eyes looking at the gold watch that was hanging around my neck gently.

“Professor?”

“Oh I’m sorry, Albus Dumbledore.” she said “ I was to take you to Diagon Alley to get your things that you need, such a shame being a late witch and all.” she said with a small frown.

‘Late witch? Must be something Albus thought up for my sudden appearance.’

“Oh but don’t worry I’ll make sure your up to a recent graduate of Hogwarts within 2 months tops.” she said with a smile.

“But that’s 7 years, have you gone mad.” I almost shrieked before she took my hand and started to drag me towards the brick wall.

“Don’t worry Eve. I was top of my class and it’s still all fresh plus I kept all my notes and books so you can use them that way we don’t waste your money.” she said as she took out her wand and tapped the wall. I watched as the bricks moved on they're own into a small opening.

A small paved road appeared with others in robes and sweaters and jackets.

“First we have to visit Grigotts you did bring your key didn’t you?” she asked

I quickly dug in my bag and pulled it by the handle showing her the top of it. She nodded and beckoned me to follow her. I soon found myself in front of the goblin and then in front of the door that I suppose held my inheritance.

Lily had gasped when I had opened it and I didn’t know what to do as I looked at the many gold, bronze and silver coins. I had looked back at Lily confused and she flashed me a smile before helping me get what I needed to survive for awhile, which I was glad for as I hated the looks the goblins gave me.

When we made it outside I let out a relieved sigh of nerves.

“They’re a little scary aren’t they.” Lily said as I looked at her. I just flashed a smile before Lily took my arm and dragged me down the street.

“First stop Ollivander’s!” She said. We entered a little shop that was packed full of little boxes, the shop never seemed to end. A man came out from one of the shelves.

“Ah Lily Evans, 10 1/4” swishy Willow.” the man said with a smile. “ And who is this?” his eyes landed on me.

“Mr. Ollivander this is Eve Brooks, she’s a late witch.” Lily said with a sympathetic look about her.

Ollivander took another look at me before darting down a shelve.

“I believe Ms Brooks this would be what your looking for.” He had returned startling me as he held out a smooth light tan box. He opened it and my eyes were automatically drawn to the beauty of the slim piece of wood.

“A 11” Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, Very Pliable with a spiral shaft.” he whispered softly watching as I picked it up delicately I waved it gently watching in shock as bright purple and red sparks fly out. “I believe this is the one.” he said with a smile. I smiled back as I looked down at the wand, I payed him and tucked my new wand in my belt.

We left and just looked around until I heard a hoot and turned around seeing a couple of owls sitting in cages outside one of the shops. “Lily can we go in there?” I asked pointing. She smiled and said Sure and we walked in.

My eyes darted around seeing all the animals.

“They’re familiars usually a student is allowed to have either a owl, cat, toad, or a rat.” Lily said as I walked towards the owls. My eyes caught a pair of bright yellow from a adorable little barn owl. I bent down and smiled.

“She’s perfect.” I whispered as Lily flagged down the manager to get me a cage and the things I would need.

I held the cage up while we walked back towards the Leaky Caldron. “Ash.” I said with a grin looking at Lily who was admiring my little owl.

“Why Ash?”

“She just looks like an Ash.” I said with a shrug. "Plus I always wanted to name something Ash." I replied with a smile. Lily laughed and tugged me into the doorway.

"Let's get something to eat shall we?" she asked with a grin. I nodded and found a spot for us as she went to order for the both of us.

I looked around the small pub once more watching the other inhabitants mill around. I was brought out of my stuppor when Lily sat down in the seat across from me.

"It shouldn't be long here have some of this." She said handing me a mug of a frothy drink."It's called butterbeer, it's good trust me." she said with a smile as she sipped on hers. That's when I noticed the glittering on her finger, I took a sip slowly enjoying the warm feeling it gave.

"So your married?" I asked nodding to her ring. She blinked and blushed.

"Oh no, I'm engaged actually we're still planning and all." She said shyly.

"It must be nice to be in love." I said looking down into the mug.

"You don't have anyone?" she asked

"Not here no, I'm actually really far from home, don't know if it's possible to go back at all either." I said thinking of my parents in a different dimension probably wondering if I had gotten myself killed while out partying. "I was sort of the loner in school and life in general, driving myself from everyone that cared for me, I guess I let darkness surround me." I whispered

"Oh Evie you didn't let darkness surround you, your here now and don't worry your not alone, I won't allow it." She said with a nod and a small smile. I flashed her one back before our food was called and she got up to get it.

At that moment the door opened and a man came in with shaggy black brown hair and glasses, which he took off to clean on the bottom of his coat.

"James! Over here!" Lily called as she sat the food down, that's when I noticed the third plate. I watched the guy smile widely and come over and wrap her in his arms and kiss her forehead.

"Hello Love." he said to her.

"James I'd like you to meet Eve Brooks, Evie this is my fiance James Potter." Lily introduced. I nodded and said a quick hello. He flashed me a smile and sat down.

"It's nice to meet you Eve, I hope your transition to the wizarding world is going well"

A squawk from the side of the table remind me of Ash I tore off some of the bread and meat from my sandwich and gave it to her which she brushed her feathered head against my fingers.

"It's going quite well actually thanks to Lily, congrats by the way." I said with a grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evie's Outfit