Status: Done! :) 11/25/11 BLACK FRIDAY

A Daydream Away.

...I'd offer you a t-shirt and you'd stay another night...

Delilah freezes, her hand resting upon the door frame. He wants her to stay? But where would she sleep? In his bed? On his couch? With him? Her heart flutters at the thought and she now knows the true meaning of having a stomach filled with butterflies, "I... I can stay." She whispers.

"Just grab one of my t-shirts out of the bottom drawer and boxers out of the top one." Cedric yawns and buries his face in the pillow. His friend nods and grabs one his t-shirts and a pair of boxers. She slowly slips out of the dress and discard her bra too, quickly covering herself with her friend's attire.

She slides into the bed next to Cedric, feeling his arms encircle her. She snuggled into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. She sighs softly and let's her eyes close, slipping into a peaceful sleep.

Before she falls deep into sleep, she can hear Cedric barely whisper the words I love you. She falls into her dreams with a small smile on her face. 

Image

The next morning, Cedric wakes up from a dreamless sleep. His arms are wrapped around Delilah's waist and for a moment, he's confused. What happened last night? He mentally asks himself and rubs his eyes. Delilah shifts in her sleep, snuggling into the bed.

Cedric's head starts to pound and he realizes he must've gotten really drunk. Otherwise, Delilah probably wouldn't have been asleep in his bed. Would he really have the courage to ask her to stay the night if he were sober?

"I need Advil." He mumbles under his breath and slowly proceeds to get out of bed without shaking it too much. He doesn't want Delilah waking up. She looks beautiful when she's asleep. Her hair is spread out across the pillow above her head, her lips are parted and the clothes are tightened around her body, showing off her average breasts.

He stumbles into the small bathroom and pulls out a bottle of Advil, swallowing it dry. He's too lazy to stumble into the kitchen and fill a glass of water. Plus, it would probably make his head pound even harder than it already is. He doesn't need that right now.

Cedric walks back into his plain bedroom to find Delilah awake. She stretches her arms above her head before reaching for her glasses, sliding them up her nose. The glasses make her brown eyes look exceptionally big. Big eyes are beautiful to Cedric. "Good morning." Delilah chirps happily.

Cedric groans and flops down on the bed, "Good morning."

Delilah laughs and the melodic sound fills Cedric's ears. He wants to wake up to her every morning. But only in his daydreams... "You want me to make you coffee?" She asks, rubbing her friends back. Cedric just nods in response, biting his lip to hold back his groan of agony.

Delilah frowns and stands up, walking into the kitchen. Is it too much that she knows how to make his coffee? Is it too much that she knew that he wanted coffee to soothe his aching head? She sighs as she starts to prepare the coffee. When its finished, she adds two spoons of sugar and a drop of milk before carrying it into the bedroom to her best friend.

Cedric his sitting up, propped up against the pile of pillows. He is rubbing his temples to try and get ride of his hungover headache, "Thank you." He says as he takes the coffee from her thin hands. He slurps some up and sighs, "Yum."

"I can see that it's perfect." Delilah chuckles, sitting on the bed next to him. There's about six inches of space between them.

"Yep..." He moves her closer to him as he takes a sip. He wants to feel her body pressed against his. He wants to be intimate. They deserve to be together. Forever. "Deli. Can I ask you something?"

Her heartbeat speeds up, "Sure."

He let's out a deep breath, "Do you... How do you feel towards me?"

She blushes softly, "I feel that you're more than a friend but not quite yet. Only in my daydreams, as embarrassing as it is..." She laughs lightly to easy the tension and looks down, her brown locks hiding her face from him.

"It's not embarrassing. I feel the same way... I... I love you Delilah." He confesses, looking deep into his coffee, "If you love me too, I wouldn't know what to say. Everything I would say is locked up in daydreams that I've had of you. My daydreams are what I want to happen, but they won't. I wish I could keep you in my daydreams but I can't. Because right now, it's happening. I'm confessing my love for you and I want this to last forever."

Delilah gaped at him. She didn't know that he felt so strongly for her, "I... Honestly, I have no clue what to say. I love you too but if you want me to stay in your daydreams, I will."

Cedric peers at her through green eyes, "No. I want you real." He kisses her softly and her eyes slip closed, savoring the moment.

Right now could last forever as long as I'm with you...
♠ ♠ ♠
Finito!